User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #76
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,412
Thumb

Thats defiantly a substantial improvement over the ebay rack. Very well done. I never understood why the guy made his mounts so complicated, your simple approach with the round tube flattened out for the bolts is much better. I have spent lots of time modifying things to work with the old ebay version since the mounting points are an inch or more thick on the sides. Makes mounting side racks a pain....

Thats a nice looking design you have there. I wish it was out years ago, before I bought my BBQ rack....

sagedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #77
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedrifter View Post
Thats defiantly a substantial improvement over the ebay rack. Very well done. I never understood why the guy made his mounts so complicated, your simple approach with the round tube flattened out for the bolts is much better. I have spent lots of time modifying things to work with the old ebay version since the mounting points are an inch or more thick on the sides. Makes mounting side racks a pain....

Thats a nice looking design you have there. I wish it was out years ago, before I bought my BBQ rack....

Thanks,
We are trying to keep it simple for you guys yet strong and long lasting we added blinker relocation holes in the side supports so you can remove the grab bars if you like, we are going to continue the development of the BBQ rack, so stay tuned , all input from you guys is great, thanks again sagedrifter, mike
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #78
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,375
mounted ??

...it looks like a OEM rack

-- but much better then the OEM --

I like this BBQ Rack 2.0 .... do you have a picture of it mounted ??

Thanks .. Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post

Old 07-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #79
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs View Post
...it looks like a OEM rack

-- but much better then the OEM --

I like this BBQ Rack 2.0 .... do you have a picture of it mounted ??

Thanks .. Larry
Thanks Larry, Not yet , I have sold a few and we are waiting for pics to come in, mike
Old 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #80
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

with the new design you can relocate your blinkers , same as the BBQ rack sn re

and take off your grab bars
Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 AM   #81
explr
Just Stooopid

Oddometer: 168
Hey, nice rack!

I just got back from about a 1k mile weekend trip in the U.P. for Tickfest 2011. The rack preformed very well, no complaints.

IMG00304-20110715-1800

IMG00302-20110715-1800

IMG00301-20110715-1759

IMG00314-20110717-1219

The rack was awesome, just what I needed. I threw a dry bag containing food and various supplies, a tent, a sleeping pad, and a camp chair on the rack with some straps and a cargo net. I slabbed it up 360+ miles at highway speeds with no loss in mpg's. I had a bit of a get off due to some deep sand and the rack definitely saved the rear turn signals and possibly my foot. The rack was solid with no signs of wear and while I am sure it is not recommended to be used as a grab/lift point, it was often used as such. Around town, I just use the cargo net over a dry bag that's rolled up to fit whatever I'm carrying that day.

Mike, thanks for helping me out with my luggage needs. Well done, and thanks again!
explr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #82
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by explr View Post
I just got back from about a 1k mile weekend trip in the U.P. for Tickfest 2011. The rack preformed very well, no complaints.

The rack was awesome, just what I needed. I threw a dry bag containing food and various supplies, a tent, a sleeping pad, and a camp chair on the rack with some straps and a cargo net. I slabbed it up 360+ miles at highway speeds with no loss in mpg's. I had a bit of a get off due to some deep sand and the rack definitely saved the rear turn signals and possibly my foot. The rack was solid with no signs of wear and while I am sure it is not recommended to be used as a grab/lift point, it was often used as such. Around town, I just use the cargo net over a dry bag that's rolled up to fit whatever I'm carrying that day.

Mike, thanks for helping me out with my luggage needs. Well done, and thanks again!
Your very welcome, iam glad i can help , those are nice pics, did you have any trouble finding a place to hook your bungies.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #83
explr
Just Stooopid

I didn't have any problems finding tie down spots. In fact, the design made it very easy to tighten the cargo net and use the straps to keep the gear off my seat. But that's just me...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #84
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,375
Pics without bags ??

Hey Doug ...

Do you have any pictures of the DR and rack without any bags mounted ??

Thanks ...
.. GsVs ...

Quote:

IMG00302-20110715-1800

Old 08-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #85
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Well we have sold some BBQ racks , thanks to all who have had input or interest , its still changing as we speak
the outback rack is most popular , we are gonna do a wider version of the outback maybe we can reach a compromise
around 14 or 16 inchs wide.
We can do a 24 inch wide rack, but the cost of labor to make it just goes up and up from there
I cant figure out how the original maker of the BBQ rack made any money, maybe that's why he is not around anymore ? i dont know we are trying to get it right at a reasonable cost,,,,, Forward from here, Thanks guys ......... mike
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #86
explr
Just Stooopid

Pics without luggage

GsVs- I do have pics, I think they are on my other computer. Here are a couple, they're not great, but give you an idea. I will post more soon.

IMG00316-20110718-1950

Here are more with the wife on the bike. These were taken for a different reason than to show the rack (luggage rack), but you get the idea...

Aug 2011 bike ride and tire change 017

Aug 2011 bike ride and tire change 021

Aug 2011 bike ride and tire change 024

Again, will post more soon.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #87
explr
Just Stooopid

Other racks?

Jungleplant- I had a friend/co-worker ask if you could do a similar rack for his Victory motorcycle. I told him the story of how the DR rack came to be on my bike. I gave him your name and website and recommended he contact you. Apparently a similar rack for his bike is $400 (FYI). He's looking for a rack to mount on top of his tail box. Just a heads up.

Also, I use the dickens out of this rack and still have no complaints, nor any recommendations for improvement. Well done!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #88
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Jungleplant- I had a friend/co-worker ask if you could do a similar rack for his Victory motorcycle. I told him the story of how the DR rack came to be on my bike. I gave him your name and website and recommended he contact you. Apparently a similar rack for his bike is $400 (FYI). He's looking for a rack to mount on top of his tail box. Just a heads up.

Also, I use the dickens out of this rack and still have no complaints, nor any recommendations for improvement. Well done!
Thanks Doug , we are settling down on the design , still a work in progress, so far so good , you defenitly have a one off there Glad No problems , please keep in touch, mike
Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #89
explr
Just Stooopid

More Pics

GsVs- Here are some more taken with my phone (they were taken a while ago, and the background it whatever was there, but you get the idea)...

IMG00342-20110821-2346.jpg

IMG00278-20110630-1205.jpg

IMG00277-20110630-1204.jpg

IMG00270-20110630-1202.jpg
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #90
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Cool2

Doug i want that back, it looks better on your bike than it did in the shop,