Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #166
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post
Are there any big bore kits for the RC? You can never have too much power between your legs, I say!
Check out Hordpower.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #167
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Check out Hordpower.
JD will talk the money right out of your wallet.

I can't stand it any more, thinking about putting the Duc up in trade on an RC. Would need to be a 2002+, think that would work?
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #168
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Oddometer: 1,656
Getting Ready for another day at the track

Oiling the chain

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC

yru screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 03:36 PM
yru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #169
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,918
yrunotriding, How did your most recent track day go? At Summit? Do we get a full report?

As for my first outting back at the end of May, no complaints about the bike. However, I had many about myself. I'm not beating myself up, just not really satisfied about how things went. Still it was a time of learning how to do it differently from what I had become comfortable with.

(if you asked did I, yes I did)

I just cruised through a couple of sections, others starting feeling a little better, and some still need lots of redefining.

So my take on the first time out on the RC,
The first turn right was getting better. 2 and 3 left I never settled on a line I liked. switch back left right 4/5a were OK but I didn't get a good braking spot on that short straight. The little snake 5b/6a/6b I never felt good about. Since I wasn't nailing my line I was hesitant to run out to the curb from the right 5b to the left 6a so I never felt solid through there.
I mostly cruised through that straight , under the bridge and 7 to the right. I need to regain confidence there. I used to so enjoy that turn with the BMW but I never got there with the RC. Really that whole next section I felt less than my usual self on. sharp 14 down hill right was OK but again I wasn't nailing my line there with confidence which played with the next two lefts 15/16 and then the final right 17a/b. They all string together . I need the most work I think in the last half of these, starting with the exit of 15 and position on the upright part before setting into 16 left and then the double apex 17. Getting right here really determines your straight speed. I still ease up (and probably always will) at the Kink at the start/finish.

Bodywise I am riding far to erect. I really need to be closer to the tank. I also need to drop my inside elbow more That should keep my torso over another 2 inches. Then keep my inside knee in closer. (The BMW required it out pretty far so I could keep aware of when hard parts were near touching down)

My look through a corner needs to move 50 yds or so further up.

There are places I need to be on throttle more and a bit earlier, need to make my lines solid, body position tighter and overall be FAR MORE RELAXED. This was a workout this time. I wish could have hit a quarter laid on the track in my lines but I would have done well to hit a trash can lid spot.

MattB came to me the last session of the second day and said,"My tires are cooked and I need a reason to ride slower. Might I video you this session? " Wow not the most flattering comment to receive but true. I felt very slow those two days and was working hard to relearn so much. Lines were not intuitive, setup was different, braking different, etc. Also I was so tired and still had the 45 mile ride home I almost had decided to sit that one out. If at home I wouldn't have been on a bike even.

So give it a look and see how my first outing with the RC went. It is a fun bike but is far from the fastest thing out there. It is different enough however, with so much character, and I have so much room to grow on it, it is a keeper.

He posted it up on youtube. Do a search for VIR CLASS NCS and you should find it. Here is a link that should work as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2-jhDO2VI

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #170
YAHBO
Grip and rip since 1983

Oddometer: 775
Love this bike but...

...got my eye on a S1000RR...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901078

Be glad to have it delivered anywhere in the CONUS to your door for the asking price.

TheYAHBO
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #171
NCStephen
Riding NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHBO View Post
...got my eye on a S1000RR...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901078

Be glad to have it delivered anywhere in the CONUS to your door for the asking price.

TheYAHBO
Good luck with that. The S RR is a very sweet ride. I didn't have the coins to do that this I got the RC. Good luck with your buy and sell.

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #172
NCStephen
Riding NC

Quote:
Oiling the chain

So are you going to be bringing that nice looking bike to VIR 10/7-8?

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #173
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Getting ready for another Track Day

Taking the bike to get new tires put on. Looks like a scene from some third world country.

Sorry NCStephen, I never had the time to go to the VIR this year. Maybe next year though.

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 10-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #174
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Some random photos
Summit Point?

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #175
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Yep, it is.

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 10-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #176
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Check out Hordpower.

just met a fella on the road the other day on a rough but beautiful RC51. He said that he had bored and built the motor. He claimed that the displacement is now 1198cc. Not sure if I believed him. He had a Yosh exhaust that made the bike sound like the devil's own daily driver, mean as hell and a symphony of aggression.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #177
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,367
I've never heard of a big-bore for the 51, doesn't mean it doesn't exist but I'm very skeptical.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #178
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Yep, it is.
Sweet. I've only been there once, but it was an unforgettable time.

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #179
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 493
So does anyone else have any good information to share about the rc51?

I'm seriously thinking of getting an SP2 towards the end of this year.

Keeping 2 motorbikes won't be on the cards so my VFR will have to go. They don't seem the most comfortable bike to ride on from what I have read here but that seems to be the price to pay for great fun.

I had a look at one yesterday but didn't go for a ride. It was way too hot. 42c or about 105f I thing. This one was rough. I went to see it as it is the only SP2 for sale in NSW at a dealership.

It had been lightly dropped on its RHS and been for a slide down the LHS. There were 2 dents in the tank. Everything plastic from the side fairings forward needs replacing. Then the rest of the bike looked very neglected. It has that white scale build up on every metal surface. The rest of the bike was filthy. It honestly looked like a daily rider from the early 90's. I pointed this out to the dealer and told him the whole bike will need to be striped down and cleaned, inspected and repaired. He was very quick to mention how negotiable he would be on price. Asking $10,000. (good condition sp2's sell for about $13-15k in Australia.)

I'll take it for a test ride in a few weeks to see how we get along together.

I have no intention of buying this bike due to it's condition however if I had $7k laying around, I'd wait another month or two and go offer it too him.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #180
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
So does anyone else have any good information to share about the rc51?

I'm seriously thinking of getting an SP2 towards the end of this year.

Keeping 2 motorbikes won't be on the cards so my VFR will have to go. They don't seem the most comfortable bike to ride on from what I have read here but that seems to be the price to pay for great fun.

I had a look at one yesterday but didn't go for a ride. It was way too hot. 42c or about 105f I thing. This one was rough. I went to see it as it is the only SP2 for sale in NSW at a dealership.

It had been lightly dropped on its RHS and been for a slide down the LHS. There were 2 dents in the tank. Everything plastic from the side fairings forward needs replacing. Then the rest of the bike looked very neglected. It has that white scale build up on every metal surface. The rest of the bike was filthy. It honestly looked like a daily rider from the early 90's. I pointed this out to the dealer and told him the whole bike will need to be striped down and cleaned, inspected and repaired. He was very quick to mention how negotiable he would be on price. Asking $10,000. (good condition sp2's sell for about $13-15k in Australia.)

I'll take it for a test ride in a few weeks to see how we get along together.

I have no intention of buying this bike due to it's condition however if I had $7k laying around, I'd wait another month or two and go offer it too him.

What do you plan to do with it ( what type of riding )?

As an owner of a SP1, i'll tell you that they really don't do anything well. They're heavy. Peaky torque for a Vtwin. Suspension is harsh. They're uncomfortable.

I'd keep the VFR and ride the wheels off it.
motoracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote