EmailVersionRC51suit by Shooter158, on Flickr

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #92
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 577
It was quite a few years back I'm sitting at a stop light early one Sunday when no ones out so its peaceful and suddenly there's this growling like the most satanic bear growl coming from behind me as this bike approaches. The light turns green and he grabs the throttle and the air is filled with the roar of a thousand demons and away he flies.
That day started my lust for these bikes, thou I'll never have one do to its impractically for what I need, I always gotta stare when ones around.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #93
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
Looks excellent... wish mine looked that great!
NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #94
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,009
I had a 2002 RC51 that I bought new. I did a ton of track days on it. I did all the major mods and yeah that bike sounded great with the Sato pipes. It had full Ohlins suspension and lots of mods. It was fun on the track. Real stable, but as the years went by all the new Ducati sport bikes would smoke it on the straights, and I was getting tired of the weight. I did one track session on a friend's 600 and that was an eye opener. I finally sold it and now it is doing duty as a track only bike. A classic for sure. I love the v-twins though, so now I am riding a KTM Supermoto R. The sumo is a huge kick but I wish it had the RC engine or maybe the KTM RC8 sportbike engine. I had a GSXR-1000 for awhile and it was better than the RC on the track in every way except pure fun. The gixxer was long gone before I ever thought about selling the RC.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD

Velociraptor screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 01:16 PM
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #95
NCStephen
Riding NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
It was quite a few years back I'm sitting at a stop light early one Sunday when no ones out so its peaceful and suddenly there's this growling like the most satanic bear growl coming from behind me as this bike approaches. The light turns green and he grabs the throttle and the air is filled with the roar of a thousand demons and away he flies.
That day started my lust for these bikes, thou I'll never have one do to its impractically for what I need, I always gotta stare when ones around.
You should be looking around. I considered 3 around the $4000 mark this fall. I settled on this 03. Mine seems solid enough. It was lowsided at slow speed. The slider is worn a little. some small scuffs on the rear exhaust and swing arm. There are two small dents in the tank about like a hail dots and the decal on one side had two small chips in it of only a few mms each. and I am not wild about the rear signals.

The good is that it has the PC III usb, Sato bonzai exhausts, and aftermarket adjustable levers and aftermarket undertail section. In the buy got a new rear tire, cover, and rear stand and it had about 15,000 miles.

It makes for a sporting companion to the K-RS.

So if you want one, have wanted one, you can find suitable examples at suitable prices. Go for it.

NCS

76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #96
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
You should be looking around. I considered 3 around the $4000 mark this fall. I settled on this 03. Mine seems solid enough. It was lowsided at slow speed. The slider is worn a little. some small scuffs on the rear exhaust and swing arm. There are two small dents in the tank about like a hail dots and the decal on one side had two small chips in it of only a few mms each. and I am not wild about the rear signals.

The good is that it has the PC III usb, Sato bonzai exhausts, and aftermarket adjustable levers and aftermarket undertail section. In the buy got a new rear tire, cover, and rear stand and it had about 15,000 miles.

So if you want one, have wanted one, you can find suitable examples at suitable prices. Go for it.

NCS

Beautifull bike your RC, the beemer aint bad either
sbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #97
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Anyone with pictures of the bike without the fairings? Would love to see whats under there
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #98
NCStephen
Riding NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbn View Post
Anyone with pictures of the bike without the fairings? Would love to see whats under there
Not of mine but some found on the net and then one made into a sweet nekkid.

NCS

76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #99
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 577
Quote:

NCS

Your bike looks great, unfortunately at this point the bike fund has been put to rest for quite awhile, but I got my sv650 to satisfy my v-twin lust. If money was no issue I'd totally go for it but its all good.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #100
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Not of mine but some found on the net and then one made into a sweet nekkid.

NCS

Hmm it looks very interesting without the fairing. Thank you for the pictures.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #101
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 869
Coolest Nekkid RC51...EVER!!!

neydg1 by Shooter158, on Flickr

I love owning a bike that is cool enough for Wolverine to ride.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #102
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,384
Back in 2006 I rode a RC51, RSV-R, and 996 to try and decide which one I wanted. I ended up going with the aprilia. The RC51 is still my favorite Honda of all time. The aprilia just fit me better, was slightly lighter and more powerful, and didn't get anywhere near as hot in traffic as Honda's side mount radiators are no where near as efficient. The Ducati was the lightest and looked awesome, but just didn't suit me. I did add a Ducati to the stable for awhile, but that one is gone now as well. I remember seeing pics of a custom painted RC51 in blue & silver. That was hot and I'd love to have that one if I ever went back up to owning 5 or 6 bikes at a time.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #103
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,387
Quote:
The RC51/sp1-2 is the coolest sportsbike ever made.
One of my favorites. I'd love to have one to match my 954rr.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #104
NCStephen
Riding NC

Quote:
Beautifull bike your RC, the beemer aint bad either
The beemer is an awesome bike. I have pushed it very hard and come away appreciating all it can do within its limits. Folks said that I was running into the limits it presents and said it was time for a sport bike. Not a lot of money around and didn't really want a mid 2000 600 so this is what I ended up with.

I know the RC is heavy and lacks HP compared to other current run bikes, but coming from a 600+ lb dry weight bike with similar horsepower figures, the RC feels light. Yes I know I will be passed by many but this is about getting my riding better, not theirs.

I am looking forward to learning how to appreciate the RC. I already do the K12RS. It turned over 100,000 miles recently. For a sport tourer bike it can do many many things well. Even if not great in everything, it has provided many hours of grins

NCS

From this summer on the K-RS

76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #105
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
The beemer is an awesome bike. I have pushed it very hard and come away appreciating all it can do within its limits. Folks said that I was running into the limits it presents and said it was time for a sport bike. Not a lot of money around and didn't really want a mid 2000 600 so this is what I ended up with.

I know the RC is heavy and lacks HP compared to other current run bikes, but coming from a 600+ lb dry weight bike with similar horsepower figures, the RC feels light. Yes I know I will be passed by many but this is about getting my riding better, not theirs.

I am looking forward to learning how to appreciate the RC. I already do the K12RS. It turned over 100,000 miles recently. For a sport tourer bike it can do many many things well. Even if not great in everything, it has provided many hours of grins

NCS

From this summer on the K-RS

very nice photos... I have used the K1200RS as a policebike before I got the yam FJR 1300. The beemer is a superb bike for what its built for no doubt.

A question to the RC owners... How big a difference is there between the RC51 and the VTR 1000 firestorm (super hawk) engine?

sbn screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 12:04 PM