Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
nnichols
Slave to the Machine

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant
According to Apple it is supported in 3G / 3GS and Touch V2; see HERE
Thanks memery, I couldn't remember the acronym.

They may have implemented part of it, but I'm guessing not all of it yet. My Motorola S7 bluetooth headset can not change tracks and its a known issue with the iPhone. I wish it wasn't so.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #17
burnt knobbies
Donnie Danger

Oddometer: 12
Also, any F4 battery charge options off the bike other than a 110v inverter? 12v or USB would be handy

Your dream has come true

http://www.blueantwireless.com/shop/...hp#accessories
burnt knobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
Just added an F4 to my new Akuma Phantom II helmet. This replaces the Motocomm wired headset I've used for years. So far, I really like it. Best part is sound and volume are far superior to any previous wired headset I've ever owned including high end J&M sets.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #19
cardingtr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I got my F4 for more than a month now through rain and what not. It is paired to Zumo 550 as well as Nexus 1 to Zumo. One thing I like most is sound quality. I use Akuma Frost helmet and wears a 32 NRR foam plugs and I can have a good conversation at 80 mph. I have to lower the volume on my Zumo to 70%. The headset would get louder as your speed increases.
It used to be 90% volume on Zumo when I have a Scala Q2 and can't hear a thing past 40mph. This headset is a keeper. I am a solo rider so I don't have data on intercom functionality. Voice clarity is OK, except when between cars sometimes or big trucks I get a choppy reception but I am not sure if its my phone or the headset.
cardingtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
burnt knobbies
Donnie Danger

Oddometer: 12
I ordered two of these, and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the helpful reviews. I also ordered the 12v charger and the wirevo bluetooth adapter. I will route my Iphone thru the zumo so I can see whos calls I'm Ignoring and call POIs. I have another Ipod that I use with the Ijet handlebar remote that I will run thru the blutooth adapter.
burnt knobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
metaljockey
Dodgy SOB

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrstrich
advrider has been a tremendous information source to me... so im paying it forward with a review of the recently released unit... the interphione f 4 bluetooth intercom system...
j o

Thank you kind sir, saved me a hell of a lot of searching.
12hr battery - check
Sound quality - check

I often go weeks without elctricity grid. So I would like to be able to charge off the bike. I may not be able to source the 12v travel charger in time. Can someone please check on the standard charger what the output Volt and Amp ratings are?
metaljockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
RadioRider
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Sena SMH10 & Interphone F4 Helmet Intercoms

Both the Sena SMH10 and Interphone F4 are very easy to use. The Sena is a long range unit (900+meters) and the F4 is small and forms to helmet like a leech. The Sena is a bit easier to remember how to use after you set it in the closet awhile. Not many places sell the radio...best is Radio Rider.com, they ship worldwide too.
RadioRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 890
Here is how I'm using the F4:

iPhone connects via Bluetooth to Zumo
Zumo connects via Bluetooth to F4 (specify "phone only" mode in the Zumo)
Zumo connects via stereo output jack to stereo Y cable
Radar connects to stereo Y cable
Stereo Y cable connects to WiRevo bluetooth dongle
WiRevo connects via Bluetooth to F4 (stereo)
F4 connects via Bluetooth to other F4

It works. All is made possible by the "Phone Only" mode in the Zumo, which allows the Bluetooth connection to only transmit phone, while music and GPS instructions continue to be output via the speaker jack. Phone is first priority in the F4 and Music, GPS and Radar are second priority.

I've had a Starcom1 for years. This allows me to do everything just as well but without the wire.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #24
Kieth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Be aware, the zumo 550 does not support stereo bluetooth protocols, this is why you have to use the output jack and then rebroadcast the stereo music via another bluetooth device. Note the 660 and 665 do have stereo protocol bluetooth available so one would not need the additional bluetooth device unless you wanted to convert the signal for a radar detector or other device. Still do not see how one can get really good bike to bike with these systems. I talk 2 miles on my Kenwood radio with a Autocom.
Kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #25
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieth
Still do not see how one can get really good bike to bike with these systems. I talk 2 miles on my Kenwood radio with a Autocom.
Radios have longer ranges, but there are some disadvantages including interference from other radios, and the hassle of push-to-talk. I'm usually not that far from my riding partner, and if we really get separated, I can typically call on the phone.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #26
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,912
Talking

Impressive reviews for the F4 !! I have an older Interphone for my cellphone and it has been flawless with long battery life and clear speach and sound. Most of my clients don't even know I am on the bike. The F4 has my attention as a replacement in due time..
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:32 AM   #27
R_W
wannabe

Oddometer: 4,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider1150gsadv
Impressive reviews for the F4 !! I have an older Interphone for my cellphone and it has been flawless with long battery life and clear speach and sound. Most of my clients don't even know I am on the bike. The F4 has my attention as a replacement in due time..
Me, too. Only gripe with the interphone is that I cannot stream music or radio. I don't care it isn't stereo, but I would like to listen to traffic reports while commuting.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #28
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

I've been using mine for almost two weeks now on my daily commute. Streaming iPhone music and taking calls for 30 min each way every day. Haven't run the initial charge out yet so I'm happy with that. Easy to use and very clear sound.

Since I'm in the dark ages GPS-wise (Garmin 2720), I need to sort out that plus my 8500's audio alerts which used to come in to my wired headset via a mixer but otherwise I'm good.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 AM   #29
bsquarewi
wee-nie

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrstrich
... i have been using the camos system since the first release of the bhs 600 4 years ago... i was upgraded to the bts 200... then i was upgraded to the bts 300... all 3 of the camos systems worked as advertised although was always yearning for more volume and longer battery life... now... its time to move on...
Sounds like you have had some experience with some various headsets. Do yo think that this new F4 system has a superior Microphone to the other systems you've tried? How do you think the sound of your phone conversations with the F4 compare with the BTS systems you had?

The reason I'm asking: I currently have a BTS-200 like you had and have absolutely had it with the crappy mic on that thing. Tired of my phone conversations going like this: "WHAT? I can't hear a thing you are saying... WHAT?" I've tried the wired and the boom mic, turning up the sensitivity, they both are horrible. MP3 music is pretty good, but that mic, ugh! Before I had the BTS-200 I had a Chatterbox XBI which had a great mic apparently as my phone conversation went more like "Wow, you are on a motorcycle? Really?" But the XBI was not acceptable to me because it would not re-connect to my phone without manually redialing the last number (IMHO a proper bluetooth headset should auto-connect to a paired phone when turned on!) The BTS-200 definitely has better speakers for MP3. I'm ready to throw in the towel on the BTS and move on to a next generation headset where I can get the best of both worlds, good speakers, good mic.
bsquarewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #30
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquarewi
Sounds like you have had some experience with some various headsets. Do yo think that this new F4 system has a superior Microphone to the other systems you've tried? How do you think the sound of your phone conversations with the F4 compare with the BTS systems you had?

The reason I'm asking: I currently have a BTS-200 like you had and have absolutely had it with the crappy mic on that thing. Tired of my phone conversations going like this: "WHAT? I can't hear a thing you are saying... WHAT?" I've tried the wired and the boom mic, turning up the sensitivity, they both are horrible. MP3 music is pretty good, but that mic, ugh! Before I had the BTS-200 I had a Chatterbox XBI which had a great mic apparently as my phone conversation went more like "Wow, you are on a motorcycle? Really?" But the XBI was not acceptable to me because it would not re-connect to my phone without manually redialing the last number (IMHO a proper bluetooth headset should auto-connect to a paired phone when turned on!) The BTS-200 definitely has better speakers for MP3. I'm ready to throw in the towel on the BTS and move on to a next generation headset where I can get the best of both worlds, good speakers, good mic.
I think you'd be happy with the F4. No complaints from callers AND my iPhone understands voice commands even at speed and that bitch is notoriously picky

Also - the F4 and iPhone pair back up flawlessly when you turn them on. Now if Apple would just release a full implementation of AVRCP we'd be in tall cotton.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A