Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #106
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
BlueAnt is shipping me a new unit as we speak. Customer service was top rate in my opinion. I first went to RevZilla as that was where I got the unit. They gave me a direct line to the person that could resolve my problem (Pete) and he answers his own phone. We'll see if the new unit holds up any better.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #107
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,649
Longevity

UPDATED February 3rd
1. I received my SECOND complete left-side kit to fix the short in the BlueAnt Interphone F4. Very fast customer service, and free for a unit over a year old...good deal, IMO. Sure, it should work without a short.
2. iPhone's upgrade meets full AVRCP standard so I can now FF and REW (along with stop, start, volume) from the headset. However, the problem with the iPhone 3G remains (but hey, that is old technology now).
3. I LOVE these units and the company standing behind them.

I purchased my F4's in November 2009, and use them virtually every day.

Like several of you, my right-side speaker went dead in both units (about 6 months apart, the last one last month). In BOTH cases it was caused by a short somewhere in the wiring on the boom-side (left). Also, like most of you, BlueAnt shipped me a replacement "Boom Mic Kit" which solves the problem (they are shipping my second now). Super customer service (for me, anyway).

The battery life is still extraordinary (it does not bother me that the battery is not replaceable...most units don't last as long as mine anyway!). My battery still goes longer than I typically ride safely (8hr max).

The new Apple iPhone OS does NOT solve the problem for "old" iPhone 3G users like me. The problem is with the F4 because it does not properly send the "stop" signal to kill my music before an intercom call. I still can't return to music without fiddling with my iPhone after intercom is over (3Gs and 4 can voice-activate their way out of the hangup).

The addition of the travel charger is nice for the F4, but you can't use the units while they are plugged in and charging...!

I routinely use Pandora as my "radio" web music while riding although it does wack my iPhone battery (unless I plug the iPhone into the bike). I can get internet in places I can't get radio out here in the Ozarks. Go figure.

Valentino Magoo screwed with this post 02-03-2011 at 08:46 AM
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #108
zoomequipd
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by houlster View Post

Have you actually tried buds? In your pic above, the jack in the right speaker is a 3 conductor pin. Just wondering if you would still get stereo out of it if you plugged in buds. I can't see any other reason to use a stereo 3 conductor pin vs a mono 2-conductor going to just the right speaker.

--Dan
Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but with over 100k+ views, i'm sure i'm not the only one wondering and after reading this entire thread, no confirmed answer.

Has anyone tried plugging in 2.5mm ear buds to these? It's my deciding factor in purchasing them. I've emailed BlueAnt, but haven't gotten a response back yet.
zoomequipd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #109
Kieth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
I can think of a reason it may be a 3 pole plug.......

ground

Mike

Left channel
Kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #110
UKADV
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.stallebrass View Post
Are there any UK riders here who have purchased from wirelessriders.com in the US? They're obviously cheaper than anywhere here but by the time I get raped by customs is it still worth it? Anyone know how much it will likely be?
I've just ordered the F4 from MrHit.com

USD 139.99 +21.49 ship to UK.

Approx 120 including UK VAT
UKADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #111
Stickywicket
Banned

Oddometer: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKADV View Post
I've just ordered the F4 from MrHit.com

USD 139.99 +21.49 ship to UK.

Approx 120 including UK VAT
plus here is a handy tool to work out the dreaded customs and give you a landed price in pounds

http://www.dutycalculator.com/
Stickywicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #112
boxertwinuk
GB Rider

Oddometer: 280
Question

Hi guys just purchased a dual kit and I'm having an issue with it...when I connect up either my phone / iTouch or iPad it seems to run the battery down on the F4 units within 15 mins or so...kit has also been swapped by the dealer I bought from...also the units seem to run very hot...have been testing them at home today.

boxertwinuk screwed with this post 02-26-2011 at 10:39 AM
boxertwinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #113
owrstrich OP
F O T G

Oddometer: 190
we are still getting 12+ hours of full duplex helmet to helmet intercom n driod incredible pairing between charges...

the driod will go dead hours before the interphone f4...

j o
owrstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #114
boxertwinuk
GB Rider

Oddometer: 280
Just trying the second unit in the kit, which has also been charging all day...connected to my Blackberry and playing music through it...30 mins so far and all is well. How are other folk doing with battery life playing music?

boxertwinuk screwed with this post 02-26-2011 at 10:47 AM
boxertwinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #115
bmon
Go Thattaway

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxertwinuk View Post
How are other folk doing with battery life playing music?
Have gone 10+ hours with the F4 Interphone playing (player hooked to constant charge) without power issues. My only complaint with the F4 is the noise cancellation reduces the max volume significantly over time forcing me to stop and 'reboot' the F4.
bmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #116
TonyA
beta tester

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieth View Post
I can think of a reason it may be a 3 pole plug.......

ground

Mike

Left channel
There's no mike on the right side speaker.

It actually would be a pretty smart idea to provide stereo sound to that plug, and have the speaker connected only to the right channel.

"Master and Commander", Patrick O'Brian
IBA 31991
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #117
Megathumper
+

Oddometer: 837
I have a similar battery draining experience with ours. One unit is great, always charges and you get a green light once charged.

The other one is paired to the other unit and to a Zumo and it seems to drain battery power quite quickly, say in 4 hours. When the other seems to go for about 10??
Megathumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #118
owrstrich OP
F O T G

Oddometer: 190
im 15 months into extensive use... generally roll weekend day rides about 50 weeks a year...

still getting dawn to night battery life...

but last weekend i had a failure... no right speaker audio from 1 unit... thought i had a wire failure like previously documented here...

but its the unit... i swapped units and speaker wires...1 of the units has stopped sending right speaker audio...

gonna score a warranty replacement...

j o
owrstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #119
Georgnik
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Multiple Connections

Hello my friends,

I
am also a candidate to buy the interphone F4 and I wanted to know if anyone have tried this combination and multiple connections simultaneously.

1) with a 2nd Interphone F4
2) with a phone (bluetooth)
3) with MP3 player (bluetooth)
4) and at the same time with a Walkie Talkie Bluetooth.

Thank you very much for your answers!
Georgnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #120
FATTKAW
http://www.fattkaw.com

Oddometer: 7
Question

I just had my right speaker die and it the cable right before it goes 90 degrees into the unit. kind of suck since I babied it from day one after reading other reviews.
Has anyone's replacement broke yet??
Also the blueant site shows both mic styles out of stock! wonder if it's getting redesigned??