Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #46
shovelstrokeed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Oh look! Kawasaki built their version of a Tuono. Now, if they would only offer a "Factory" version with upgraded suspension bits and some carbon fiber bling they would attract my interest. Oh yeah, the forged aluminum wheels and Brembo monoblocks would be nice as well.

Until then, I'll stick with my '07 Tuono Factory. It really is a remarkable bike.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #47
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelstrokeed
Oh look! Kawasaki built their version of a Tuono. Now, if they would only offer a "Factory" version with upgraded suspension bits and some carbon fiber bling they would attract my interest. Oh yeah, the forged aluminum wheels and Brembo monoblocks would be nice as well.

Until then, I'll stick with my '07 Tuono Factory. It really is a remarkable bike.
They are two completely different bikes for different tastes but knock yourself out.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #48
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
They are two completely different bikes
what can one do that the other cannot?
I havent ridden either, but the tuono gets the thumbs up as the best overall naked and that even includes wind management in touring mod.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #49
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas
what can one do that the other cannot?
I havent ridden either, but the tuono gets the thumbs up as the best overall naked and that even includes wind management in touring mod.
If you don't know the difference in feel between an inline and a v-twin then I dunno what to tell ya. I haven't seen any comparos between the two bikes other than old ones. This Z is a completely different package than the old Z. "Touring mode" is not really what this bike was built for. My comment about keeping the VFR pretty much sums it up. This is a comfortable street bike. Not a tourer.

I haven't ridden the Tuono. But for those who know the bike they can chime in with telling us about its service intervals, parts, ergos, feel, etc. I rode a Mille RSV and it's about as uncomfortable a bike as I've ever ridden.

I am, by far, no expert but I bet those things matter to most regular shmoes when it comes to making a bike purchase. Or then again, they just buy cause the bike looks cool. Maybe that's why the Z hasn't caught on (?)

cyberdos screwed with this post 02-19-2010 at 07:54 AM
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #50
arshishb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Talking

Would you be kind enough to share wallpaper sized pics of the beautiful backend that the Z has
arshishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #51
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb
Would you be kind enough to share wallpaper sized pics of the beautiful backend that the Z has
someone needs to photoshop that mudguard off though.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #52
arshishb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
someone needs to photoshop that mudguard off though.
I actually like the mud guard. I usually dont remove the mud guards from any of my bikes because I ride in all weather, so for me something that looks good & functions well is a winner.
arshishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #53
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb
I actually like the mud guard. I usually dont remove the mud guards from any of my bikes because I ride in all weather, so for me something that looks good & functions well is a winner.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #54
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelstrokeed

I found the Tuono to be a fun ride, but I also think that they're UGLY.

I like the look of this new Z1000, and that's the first time I've felt that way.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #55
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket
Jerk. You were in my neighborhood, and you didn't hit me up !!

The first thing I told him when I learned of his heading out there was to give you a call. But he brought the ball & chain so the point was moot.

Looks like he had a helluva nice time testing the bike though... Bastid.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #56
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870
The first thing I told him when I learned of his heading out there was to give you a call. But he brought the ball & chain so the point was moot.

Looks like he had a helluva nice time testing the bike though... Bastid.

Yeah, I'm jealous!
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #57
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #58
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
If you don't know the difference in feel between an inline and a v-twin then I dunno what to tell ya. I haven't seen any comparos between the two bikes other than old ones. This Z is a completely different package than the old Z. "Touring mode" is not really what this bike was built for. My comment about keeping the VFR pretty much sums it up. This is a comfortable street bike. Not a tourer.

I haven't ridden the Tuono. But for those who know the bike they can chime in with telling us about its service intervals, parts, ergos, feel, etc. I rode a Mille RSV and it's about as uncomfortable a bike as I've ever ridden.

I am, by far, no expert but I bet those things matter to most regular shmoes when it comes to making a bike purchase. Or then again, they just buy cause the bike looks cool. Maybe that's why the Z hasn't caught on (?)
Hm wait a minute...I4, V2...are you refering to these big round things going up and down?

Well actually I do know the difference. You made a comment that the two are completely different bikes for different purposes. and this is what I did ask about. A different character of engine or different service intervals do not constitute enough difference to make such a claim.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #59
cyberdos OP
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas
Hm wait a minute...I4, V2...are you refering to these big round things going up and down?

Well actually I do know the difference. You made a comment that the two are completely different bikes for different purposes. and this is what I did ask about. A different character of engine or different service intervals do not constitute enough difference to make such a claim.
I said different taste. Not purpose.

There's a difference.

Different character and service intervals make a difference when one is a PIA and the other isn't. Maybe for people that don't do their own work it's not an issue. I've ridden the SV's and they are BY FAR a lot more busy than the Z. That may not be a big deal to you but to me it is. I don't want to feel like a pack of bees stung my hands after every ride.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #60
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 15,951
Have you guys seen the new Z with the hexagonal akrapovics attached?

Is very nice (expensive mind..)
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote