ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #61
cbrxxcess
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Ok quit twisting my arm. My daughter will be attending as well. You will have to put up with me long enough to help them set their camp and drop the wifes gear and her bikes then I am outta there. They are both really stoked so they will be happy to be there.
cbrxxcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #62
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaWife
Having some company sounds awesome! Thanks Suzanne! Where should we meet up? Getting excited already...
I'll PM you with my email address, so we can figure it out from there. This is gonna be fun!!!

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #63
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
Bluhduh ahem...

Guys, you need to recognize that this is a WOMEN's only adventure camp and should be just that... this will be a very empowering, self experience and will build confidence and pride in their riding abilities... even more so without you there.... think about it...

It would be nice if the men could come and camp in a completely different location...out of site and away from the camp... yes, I understand the "SUPPORT" kids, mechanics, set up, etc...

What I don't get is having to be "THERE" and watch... this is uncomfortable to some women as they don't want their errors used as fodder for your delight in watching a woman make a mistake.... I know you all don't get that chance very often cuz we're always RIGHT and when we are wrong (?) refer to the earlier declaration.... cuz if momma ain't happy ain't anybody gonna be happy... you know I'm right. (Again that word...?)

So, this is a TACOS only... no SAUSAGES -- stay home or stay Away until the class has ended. This is for the WOMEN.

Over and out.

PNW Buttercup screwed with this post 02-23-2010 at 08:26 PM
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #64
NotBetty
secret weapon

Oddometer: 165
I'm interested...

but these dates don't work for me. I already have a previous committment on that Sunday.

My BF pointed this out to me and I think it's a great idea. Hopefully, there will be another class like this for women only again sometime soon.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #65
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBetty
but these dates don't work for me. I already have a previous committment on that Sunday.

My BF pointed this out to me and I think it's a great idea. Hopefully, there will be another class like this for women only again sometime soon.
Like, Mom's Day Commitment? My Mom would encourage me to go. Celebrate early, maybe... This is the first of it's kind, I think, and so it's not like you can check in on another date. If we make this a success, hopefully there will be more.

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #66
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,674
I think it's fuckin' cool. I applaud yourall y'all's efforts! :YaY

*"TACOS only..." awesome!
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #67
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup
Guys, this is a WOMEN's empowering, abilities... without you

nice men could come in camp...

I don't get uncomfortable women fodder for a woman a mistake.... I know all cuz always RIGHT

So, this is a TACOS only... stay home
Over and out.
blah blah nice shoes blah blah
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #68
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector
Like, Mom's Day Commitment? My Mom would encourage me to go. Celebrate early, maybe... This is the first of it's kind, I think, and so it's not like you can check in on another date. If we make this a success, hopefully there will be more.
I think RawHyde did an all female's camp a year or two ago. It was probbly 3-4 times the expense, but they are out there on occasion.

Knowing some of the folks going and the general area (there is a giant Cabela's store not far from there) it just seems like a really great opportunity. Riding with my better half has always been challenging since she doesn't want to slow me up and I don't want her to make me look bad ('cause she's faster and braver than me off road ) and having this being chicks only, sweet idea. Can't wait to hear the stories.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #69
tbolt
Bypass? What bypass?

Oddometer: 436
I am so close to pulling the trigger on this but I have a question... I called about renting a bike for the first day, and the guy said I might not get as much out of the class because the focus is on bigger DS bikes. The largest rental they have is a 250cc.

I am actually hoping to get a 350 or maybe a 400 dual sport bike in the future, so I don't mind using a smaller bike.

Ladybug0048, what bike are you going to be using for the class?

The ADV Ride Report De-crufter -- [Firefox] [IE]
The ADV Picture Once-inator -- [Firefox]
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #70
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup
Guys, you need to recognize that this is a WOMEN's only adventure camp and should be just that... this will be a very empowering, self experience and will build confidence and pride in their riding abilities... even more so without you there.... think about it...

It would be nice if the men could come and camp in a completely different location...out of site and away from the camp... yes, I understand the "SUPPORT" kids, mechanics, set up, etc...

What I don't get is having to be "THERE" and watch... this is uncomfortable to some women as they don't want their errors used as fodder for your delight in watching a woman make a mistake.... I know you all don't get that chance very often cuz we're always RIGHT and when we are wrong (?) refer to the earlier declaration.... cuz if momma ain't happy ain't anybody gonna be happy... you know I'm right. (Again that word...?)

So, this is a TACOS only... no SAUSAGES -- stay home or stay Away until the class has ended. This is for the WOMEN.

Over and out.
First post was edited to make this point very clear.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #71
NotBetty
secret weapon

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector
Nope! In fact I didn't even know it was Mom's day! I'll just have to hope for a next time.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #72
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
First post was edited to make this point very clear.

Yes, I had to cut all the blah blah out.
So a sausage could understand.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #73
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt
I am so close to pulling the trigger on this but I have a question... I called about renting a bike for the first day, and the guy said I might not get as much out of the class because the focus is on bigger DS bikes. The largest rental they have is a 250cc.

I am actually hoping to get a 350 or maybe a 400 dual sport bike in the future, so I don't mind using a smaller bike.

Ladybug0048, what bike are you going to be using for the class?
Pull the trigger, go ahead and do it ! ! !

My guess is you weren't talking with Bret. I think you will get plenty out of doing it on a 250.

I'll be riding my 650 but I've played in the dirt a bit with my XR100, my Superbug and a little with my 650. I'm certain I'm going to learn skills that will help me ride all of them better.

While the guy you talked with was talking about big DSs I think he was missing part of the point of why this is going to be so great for the gals. Some of us are a tad smaller than the majority of the men. Which means what sounds like a small bike to him probably isn't to some of the gals. Heck, there are many time my Superbug feels huge.

For example - - - How about our Friend Radioman? He makes his big GS look almost small. Look at that, his knees even have a bit of a bend to them.

Now there is teeny tiny you and you're going to make a 250 look good sized.

When it's put in perspective what is a small bike for one person is a good sized bike for another.

I think you will have a great time and learn a lot using a 250 and if you want to try some of the skills on a bigger bike you are welcome to try them on my bike.

Congratulations on your new bike --- I'm looking forward to the rest of the ride report: -----> Linky
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #74
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Outlaw

So DOES the sausage understand????
Like LB said: "Outlaw - Back to your cave!"

tee hee...
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #75
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
You all sure you don't need a man around to clean all those dirty boots and visors,sweep and tidy up around the campsite,be waiting at the end of the day with a cold one and cook a hearty meal for all you hungry ladies?
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote