ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #91
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadopoulos

tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #92
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman

....but from the ori-ginal post it seems you will be relying on a MALE for instruction.

.....An all women's offroad skool should be taught by all women instructors, (if there are any qualified for the job)
Couple things here.

First off the male instructors that will be there are PROFESSIONALS.
Puget Sound Safety prides itself on only having qualified and professional instructors.
You will not find any un-professional attitude from the coaches during this course.
They are VERY particular about who teaches for them and any kind of un-professional behavior is not tolerated.
An example of that is just yesterday I had to go pass the BRC/ERC riding test with ZERO points deducted in order to be qualified to teach this year.
Oh and that was both on the training bike and my own motorcycle.

Second I hear there will be some female instructors coming.

Lastly if any men feel the need to tag along and such I am sure there are enough of us inmates up here to organize a "boy's" campsite and ride for the weekend.

If there is interest let me know and I will see what I can do.
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #93
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider
Hey PNW Buttercup...I'm going to be out at the ORV park @ Liberty Lake with some of the peeps from Pantra on Saturday, you want to come ride with us... There are all types of riders that will be there, from families with little kids to Enduro legends. You should come out, there are a ton of trails that are really friendly to your KLX. I'll be glad to ride with you if you want to join us.
THere's ANOTHER ORV park?! well, damme!... Actually I was planning on riding up to Deer Lake this weekend if the weather permits... I've lived in this area for 13 years and never been there... that's just a crime!

I might even loop around Loon Lake if I can get my cowardly ass on 395....

I've been trying to drag LB and TO out of their winter hibernation....

P.S. you just trying to get me to an ORV park for a "Kodak" moment? Do I need to wear the shirt that says "if you can read this, please turn me over" ?????? uh huh... sure you just want to see the underside of my KLX

Which... puts me on ANOTHER rant... Kawi does not "yet" make skid plates for my 09 model... what's up with that???
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #94
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
well ladies, I appreciate the interest in keeping the male riff-raff at a distance,,,I can't stand 'em either,, but then,,I hate everything,,and everyone,,'cept dawgs, I like them! (the biggger ones anyway)

,,but from the ori-ginal post it seems you will be relying on a MALE for instruction.

So,,

I'll call bullshit along about now, regarding the anti male comments.

We couldn't live without you, and you couldn't live without us, we're just not allowed to truly get along.(ignorant blanket statement attitude)

An all women's offroad skool should be taught by all women instructors, (if there are any qualified for the job).
And it should be held on a site respecting of Mother Earth's suckling breast.
Where the life giving, nurturing, maiden waters meet with the planet's matronly womb of the vast oceans. And it should occur on a purely virginal sunshiny day, one full of pregnant opportunity for bringing the hopes and dreams of your anticipated offroad learning 'offspring' to come to full term.

And to be born with all clutch movements and brake applications in the right places, and with the normal number of cables and levers and pedals. Isn't it all so maternal,,

Tatting, knitting, and tole painting won't get you up the side of that gnarly mountain trail.
Guts,, or as your male counterparts would say,,balls, just might!
Sure, we laugh at each other when we biff it and do something lame.
But most of us laugh because we've been there, and we laugh with particular PRIDE when the women we love go thru the same biffs and learning trials that we as MEN have experienced.
It's like this,,
See!
See!
See how much FUN that is! I'm so glad you understand what I understand, no male or female involeved, but BIKE AND RIDER!
ani't it dang cool?

Now let's go ride some gnarly stuff together!

try to keep up dear!

This message was presented to you by one Beck's beer, 2 Manhattans, one straight shot of Jameson's, and a walk home in the pouring rain.
My mind is right.
Good one Peterman but I'm still with the other ladies on this one...

Hey, Oregoncoast.... Have you started working on Dogs Don't have Lips 2 yet?

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #95
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadopoulos
Hi Ladybug! asaid before, you rock! And how lucky is that gal whose SO wants her to go! Now, I have to spend a bit convincing my SO that I need to go! I'll even stoop to a little guilt-tripping! Anybody got any great ideas for arm-twisting?

Will get back to ya as soon as I can do this!

I did phone the PSS and the cost to rent a bike is $50 more.....since I don't have the chutzpa (or the skills) to do this camp on the 1200.....

hope to holler at ya soon that I'm IN!

I have faith that papadopoulos will support you in attending with the rest of us. Waiting patiently for your IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt
Well, they have my money, so I guess I am

IN

I almost can't believe it... Will probably ride the SV up with my camping stuff, then beat up their poor rental bikes.

Wahooooooo, this is good news. Looking forward to seeing you again and that new bike that looks just like your old bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitenfyr
Couple things here.

First off the male instructors that will be there are PROFESSIONALS.
Puget Sound Safety prides itself on only having qualified and professional instructors.
You will not find any un-professional attitude from the coaches during this course.
They are VERY particular about who teaches for them and any kind of un-professional behavior is not tolerated.
An example of that is just yesterday I had to go pass the BRC/ERC riding test with ZERO points deducted in order to be qualified to teach this year.
Oh and that was both on the training bike and my own motorcycle.

Second I hear there will be some female instructors coming.

Lastly if any men feel the need to tag along and such I am sure there are enough of us inmates up here to organize a "boy's" campsite and ride for the weekend.

If there is interest let me know and I will see what I can do.
Thanks for the input and the offer to put together a "boy's" campsite and ride for the weekend.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #96
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,548
OK ladies I need your help. I was talking to my wife about doing this training and she's on the fence. I think the biggest hurdle is is that she has never camped by "herself" and she won't know anybody there. She was more interested in taking the class the week before where I could attend as well, but from my years as a ski instructor I know better spouces should never be in the same class together for any reason. I want her to do this class, but she needs some encouragement.

On a different note would you gals be opposed to a "sausage" being a fly on the wall and photographing this class? I haven't talked to the PSSOR folks about it yet, but the thought had crossed my mind. Would you like to have photos of this event? But there's also a chance I will be out of down that weekend anyway.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #97
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
Thumb

If LadyBug is there she will be good to go... That woman has been places I can only dream of..... with nothing but what she put on her bike!

oh yea and she's a sweetheart !!!
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #98
tbolt
Bypass? What bypass?

Oddometer: 436
I can personally vouch for these ladies... ladybug, sector, adventuregirl... they know how to make a new gal feel welcome!

There will be wine... and chocolate...

The ADV Ride Report De-crufter -- [Firefox] [IE]
The ADV Picture Once-inator -- [Firefox]
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #99
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup
THere's ANOTHER ORV park?! well, damme!... Actually I was planning on riding up to Deer Lake this weekend if the weather permits... I've lived in this area for 13 years and never been there... that's just a crime!

I might even loop around Loon Lake if I can get my cowardly ass on 395....

I've been trying to drag LB and TO out of their winter hibernation....

P.S. you just trying to get me to an ORV park for a "Kodak" moment? Do I need to wear the shirt that says "if you can read this, please turn me over" ?????? uh huh... sure you just want to see the underside of my KLX

Which... puts me on ANOTHER rant... Kawi does not "yet" make skid plates for my 09 model... what's up with that???
Nah... no Kodak moments here.... just gettin' out to do some riding and have some fun. Besides, I have seen the undersides of enough bikes...don't need to see anymore. (Unless my camera is handy)

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #100
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjonesphoto
OK ladies I need your help. I was talking to my wife about doing this training and she's on the fence. I think the biggest hurdle is is that she has never camped by "herself" and she won't know anybody there. She was more interested in taking the class the week before where I could attend as well, but from my years as a ski instructor I know better spouces should never be in the same class together for any reason. I want her to do this class, but she needs some encouragement.
She won't be camping by herself she'll have all of us and she will fit right in. We're all pretty good at making sure no one is left on their own and where a few people are poking fun at us with their blah, blah, blah comments all our blah, blah, blah is a good thing when it comes to welcoming others. I'll be more than happy to make sure she has a contact when she gets there and if she needs any help setting up and such she'll have it.

PM being sent with my email if she would like to contact me.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #101
coolbikermom
Just gettin started

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
THIS is why it's important to have women's only classes. Not every woman would be averse to having men there watching. But some clearly can't learn with the pressure of trying not to embarrass themselves in front of any guy, let alone one they really care about.

Plus, you get the right group of women together, and trust me, no man really wants to be a part of that.

coolbikermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #102
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,249
Quote:

On a different note would you gals be opposed to a "sausage" being a fly on the wall and photographing this class? I haven't talked to the PSSOR folks about it yet, but the thought had crossed my mind. Would you like to have photos of this event? But there's also a chance I will be out of down that weekend anyway.
brianjonesphoto, I won't be attending but for what it's worth. I'm certain a photographer would be intimidating. I once attended a girls school. All but a couple gals had their husbands with them. My husband was taking pictures during the instruction, afterward the complaints came rolling in. The ladies were intimidated. At the school I attended the instructors were female. The head instructor was Nicole Bradford. I met some wonderful Ladies there this will be a memorable experience. Your wife will be fine. If she doesn't have you to lean on sounds like she'll also learn how to set up the tent.
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #103
mamadopoulos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
I'm jealous

Heh ladies, papadopoulos lost his breath when I told him how much money the weekend would cost....

I understand it's a good deal considering the price of other similar camps....but since we're retired from our day jobs, and farmers in our spare time, we have to parse our money to last, and spending the wad in one place would put me not doing some other rides........and I don't want to do that!

So, I'm sorry to say, I'm not in.

But I'll be thinking of you all with envy!

07 R1200GS ..........07 R1200GS

All I know is that I know nothing for certain; but that's the one thing I most often forget.

mamadopoulos screwed with this post 02-26-2010 at 10:30 AM
mamadopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #104
ducpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX
I showed my lady friend this thread and her reaction was "Omigoshohmigosh I want to go. But they probably wouldn't respect my bike" (XT225)
You would not be the first to come on and XT225 and I expect that there will be others using rental bikes, one or more of those may be an XT225 or the new XT250. This is not about turning riders into expert seasoned world travelers! This camp is all about getting you ready for dual-sport and ADV riding by giving you the knowlege and skills to go and experience it without getting hurt while figuring things out or making mistakes by taking less than good advise from good intented but bad advise.

Often it is best to learn critical offroad skills on a bike that is more managable. plus when you go zipping past a GS1200 or KTM 990 on a trail after the camp you can just giggle in your helmet about all the fun you are having!
ducpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #105
ducpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Read title - - - Adventure Camp

Thanks for the tip, there might be someone who doesn't want to camp and will want a hotel.

Maybe your ex would like to join us? We can tell her all sorts of stories with nothing based on the truth.
Seeking accomidations outside the camp is possible but not recommended. This is a training camp with only a small group of riders not a large motorcycle rally. As such activities will begin when everyone wakes up until they crawl into there tents. If you leave you could miss out ont things like the slideshow of the first day of riding, the nightly movie or breakfast movie (in the barn ), you will miss out on the fireside chat etc.

Camping is primitive but so in ADV riding

ducpilot screwed with this post 02-26-2010 at 04:40 PM
ducpilot is offline   Reply With Quote