ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #2161
Amsterdamm
Lone Rhino

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by macorell24 View Post
Wait, isn't it Honey Pig?
Yeah it is
Trips: Around Lake Ontario
Amsterdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #2162
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
[QUOTE=macorell24;20151260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Ended up at Happy Pig in Centreville

Wait, isn't it Honey Pig?
No it's "go f$(k yer self pig'.

It is Matt. Intuitive text on I phone jacks me up all the time.

What ever the sign says .

bloochdog screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 09:07 PM
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #2163
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 473
Is that the place that used to be O'Tooles?
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #2164
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
Super stoked for the BBQ tonight. I may smash a champagne bottle on his Jesse case.
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #2165
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
Super stoked for the BBQ tonight. I may smash a champagne bottle on his Jesse case.
I did not know Smart Shopper sold champagne.

We are gonna check out the REI used gear sale today. Coffee and a bite too.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #2166
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
See you soon bloochking
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #2167
Motocox
We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer: 853
Frosty!

Just a little ride on barely legal bikes, from catlett over remington way. Meet at Mayhughes Store (Citgo), Rt. 28 and 643. 10 AM sharp. Let me know. 703-867-2188
Motocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #2168
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,698
Beard's New Bike Party

For some reason I took photos of the partiers, but nothing of the most excellent excuse for the party . . . . .

And therefore got what I deserved . . . .

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #2169
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Anyone know anyone to get firewood from without getting a bad deal? not a fan of green wood or not getting a full cord... delivery is not necessary.

usually get it from a guy in WV but he's charging almost 300 per cord
Old 12-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #2170
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 4,011
Great to see everyone last night but which one of you FF'ers put the Skippii CURSE on me!

Since some of ya shared a bike screw up story last night thought I'd do the same...I did a dumb one last night on the way home.

So I was cruz'in home from Beard's enjoying the ride in the chilly air, only 5 more miles to get home as I rolled in to Old Town Alexandria. I'm sitting at the intersection of Washington and King idling away at the light and the old Bonne just dies without warning...WTF #1? Roll it to the curb and start looking it over and try kick starting a few times, nada.

As I'm pondering the situation I look up and this guy in a black silk pajama outfit walks towards me and says nice bike ya want me to push ya for a start? I'm looking at him a little puzzled as its 11:30PM and about 38F and he's looking like Hugh Hefner wearing flip flops I happen to look beyond him and see a sign in big letters atop a black FJ Cruiser that says "Jesus Prayer Squad" He offers again, I briefly considered it but politely decline as I've got no clue yet as to the cause of the problem at hand. Kick again, she tried to fire up, kick again, nothing. Shook the bike, heard no gas sloshing, hmm is that it? Not sure as I still had my helmet on. Off with the helmet, shook and still nothing, so get out the cell and turn on the flashlight app, pop the gas gap and sure enough there's only a smidgen of gas in there I had looked at the trip OD before I left home earlier in the evening and it said 62mi (I always reset the trip OD a fill up) so with a 3.5 gal tank and typical 35mpg performance I assumed plenty of gas to do the 20mi round trip.

Ok so now I'm a little miffed, but since its the heart of RLD no biggie, hell there's a gas station on nearly every corner right? And if I recall there's a gas station on Washington about 4 blocks back, whip out the phone and sure enough confirm it on Google maps

So thinking I can outsmart the gremlin Gods, I push the bike to west side of Washington, back it into the curb so the tiny bit of gas in the tank will flow towards the pet cocks, rock it a bit, pump the carb ticklers, 2nd kick she fires right up, SWEET I am golden! Not to waste gas idling, I blast off towards the station, get caught at the next light , my little bit of gas is precious so I look both ways for PoPo blue lights, none, so I blow though the light and roll into the Exxon station, SUCCESS! Wait a minute...its black, lights out CLOSED...WTF #2 But the pump lights are on so I figure maybe they work, swipe my CC, sweet it takes it, asks for my zip code and rolls to $000.00, looking good Flip the pump lever and squeeze the handle waiting for my salvation to pour out...well nothing. What a TEASE, the pumps are off!...WTF #3.

Ok again its the RLD, heart of Alexandria, so back to Google maps, I see several other options north back the other direction and home. I choose the closest one, a Shell about 8 blocks up and 2 over, that bites but hey I'm an ADV'er I can do this! And since my luck is so good why not try the same gravity flow trick again? Well sure enough she fires up and away I go , roll stop through 2 signs, as I approach the next intersection the light is red so I slow hoping to catch the green, nice it turns green! I go to crank the throttle and the old Bonne dies, dead, she's out, not even fumes left. Well at least I got 3 blocks closer to my destination under power.

So hop off and start pushing, by now I'm more than a little annoyed at myself and start thing how the hell did this happen? So I stop and play with the trip OD and realize it's stuck and the mileage did not change from when I left the house at 5:30 I jiggle it a few times and gently roll it forward and feel a hard click then it twists just fine to 000.0. With the mystery solved (see it wasn't MY fault it was the 40yr old guage!) I start pushing again. As I turn left on to the final two blocks, while sweating my ass off even though its 38F, I starting thinking what are the chances that this gas station will be closed too, na no way, can't be, it's on Rt.1 south, a busy main thoroughfare...but as I turn the corner sure enough its lights out and pumps are black too ...WTF#4 DAMN the curse of SKIPPII!

Ok back to Google maps for the 3rd time, see only two more chances within pushing distance and both are next to each other, but shit another 8 blocks away on King St at the northern most end of Alexandria. Damn, but oh well I don't have a choice and start the pushing again

So as I turn the corner for my final chance at salvation I look up as I'm pushing the bike through the cross walk and sure enough the 1st one, an Exxon, it's lights out ...WTF#5. JEEZ really, who did I piss off ??? Do I dare look farther left at the other station? As I do, I see my salvation in all its fully lighted glory, an OPEN Liberty station, YES thank you ADV Gods!! So filler up and tickle the carbs, kick again and get...VROOM VROOM VROOM! Cool, I guess pushing a bike 22 blocks paid my pentence and the motorcycle Gods are happy again.

I waste no time putting it in gear, FINALLY away I go cruising home listening once again to the sweet sound of the Bonne pipes growling through the chilly night air Made it home at 12:300AM, only 1.5 hours after I left Beards house.

So Happy new BMW Beard Enjoy it, but don't trust the fuel light!

DCrider screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 06:22 PM
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #2171
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,610
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #2172
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 693
Bonnie and ....Eric

So....WTF are you doing out after dark on a Lucas bike? You know the old saying....

"A gentleman never motors about at night without petrol".... or something like that.....

Sure, blame Skippii....you shoudda prayed with the "Jesus Prayer Squad"

What is RLD?....

PS: Ride On, Beard!

ecubed screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 07:14 PM Reason: ride on
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #2173
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
What is RLD?....
RLD = Red Light District - the congested area of DC and Northern VA.
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #2174
mica
Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
I did not know Smart Shopper sold champagne.

But I would be lying if I said I didn't miss Smart Shopper.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #2175
Dr. Beard
Cenosillicaphobiac

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
I waste no time putting it in gear, FINALLY away I go cruising home listening once again to the sweet sound of the Bonne pipes growling through the chilly night air Made it home at 12:300AM, only 1.5 hours after I left Beards house.

So Happy new BMW Beard Enjoy it, but don't trust the fuel light!
I know most of those stations & they are usually open even late at night... Weird. Glad you made it home. Eventually.
1974 XL250 Street Tracker
2002 R1150GS White Whale
Dr. Beard is offline   Reply With Quote