ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #2296
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer: 1,734
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #2297
HBN OP
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
Wink

I think he's saying "Daddy go get another motorcycle!"
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #2298
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
I think he's saying "Daddy go get another motorcycle!"
He loves motorcycles... everytime we walk in the dealers he goes, "Ooooh-oooh-ooooh!" at everything.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #2299
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post
He loves motorcycles... everytime we walk in the dealers he goes, "Ooooh-oooh-ooooh!" at everything.
Toddlers are known to mimic their parents. . ..
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #2300
Cambion
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie-Owner View Post
Hello. Im with you on the gear. I would buy heated but then I gotta take everything off outside at 4 am and get dressed for work(construction)
I've been commuting on the bike most days. I wear an Olympia X-Moto jacket and overpants along with heated gloves and jacket liner and a pair of A*s boots. The overpants zip down the sides so I just step out of them, change the boots for my work shoes and all of my gear (minus my helmet) goes into the panniers. It helps that I have a parking garage to do all this in but I've parked totally outside and still done it, it only takes about 2-3 minutes for me to "change" if that.

The heated jacket liner is new for me this year. Last year I wore both the rain and thermal liners in the jacket and was fine down into the 30s. The heated liner just decreases the bulk and makes it that much warmer.

-Cambion
Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #2301
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
I'm comfortable everywhere but my legs they seem to freeze and then get burning hot on my 30 mile trip in the morning. I think I'll just get some over pants and be done with it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #2302
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
sorry for the bizarre humor, guess I was in a weird frame of mind this afternoon

On a different topic, anyone out there a big tablet user and want to offer advice? Thinking of getting one but not sure what to go with, the leading Apple or some version of an android platform?
Windows 8 tablets are starting to sputter to the market. I use mine to draw stuff so I need a windows based tablet rather than the ipad/android which are finger touch driven. What do you do with yours?

some windows tablet info here, most of them have been delayed but are starting to emerge as we speak

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489163
dentvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #2303
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,852
I was at MFI today and saw they've currently got a super sweet deal on the new GoPro camera Silver edition...$239.99!!!!!

Sale ends tomorrow though.

SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #2304
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,698
More Heated Gear Info

FWIW, I've continued to commute on the motorsickle this winter, as I have for several years. I added a set of Gerbings heated gloves last year and now routinely use a Gerbings jacket liner and the gloves with my Roadcrafter.

On the RT with it's full fairing, 25 degrees this morning, I cranked up the jacket to maybe half way, and gloves higher plus the stock heated grips. Other than a bit of nip to the toes (dress Wellington boots) I was almost too warm.

I used to just bulk up on layers like you young'uns, but the one layer of heated jacket doesn't feel bulky and doesn't inhibit easy movement. The combo is really warm, though on the Dub or the GS there's more wind.

If you can pick up heated gear, and your bike will support the load, it will transform your winter riding.

(FWIW, I had two Aerostich controllers and two power cords fail. Glad I wasn't caught in 25 degree temps when those happened . . . . I'll stick with Gerbings, especially now that they're bringing their production back to the US).

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #2305
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
FWIW, I've continued to commute on the motorsickle this winter, as I have for several years. I added a set of Gerbings heated gloves last year and now routinely use a Gerbings jacket liner and the gloves with my Roadcrafter.

' ' ' '

(FWIW, I had two Aerostich controllers and two power cords fail. Glad I wasn't caught in 25 degree temps when those happened . . . . I'll stick with Gerbings, especially now that they're bringing their production back to the US).

Just to add to the mix, I've had good luck with warmnsafe. They had a connection to Gerbings way back when, but broke off on their own. I've used their heat trollers with great success for the past 10 years. They now have clothing, too.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #2306
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
I built a table for my Big Green Egg a while back but I still have the nest if anyone would like to have it. FREE to a good new home!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #2307
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Thumb Took a Cab . . .

Some of y'all know about my Dubya-650 habit. To help satisfy that addiction, I subscribe to a Yahoo Group for all things W650/W800. It's an eclectic international Dubya convention, with 'Muricans, Brits, Canucks, Aussies, and New Zealanders, and probably lurkers from lord knows where . . . .

Include a fair share of inmates with a sense of humor; thus this entry a few days back.

"I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice single malt Irish.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home. Sure enough, by coincidence, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage."

Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #2308
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 473
The biggest question, is what happened to the cabbie?
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #2309
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Some of y'all know about my Dubya-650 habit. To help satisfy that addiction, I subscribe to a Yahoo Group for all things W650/W800. It's an eclectic international Dubya convention, with 'Muricans, Brits, Canucks, Aussies, and New Zealanders, and probably lurkers from lord knows where . . . .
my dad's got a w650. ;) you own one as well?

nice story too. hahahaa.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #2310
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
my dad's got a w650. ;) you own one as well?

nice story too. hahahaa.
Yup, picked it up locally a couple of years ago. Almost stock, just a few mods like lower bars and suspension. Sweet bike, really like it.

Bet ya can't tell I like to take photos of the Dub as well as the /5 . . . . .

Lovely bikes, both of 'em . . . .