Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
SteelJM1 OP
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,649
2015 (and 16) Chevy Colorado

So. In light of the Chevy Cruze Diesel thread, I wanted to start a discussion on the *new* Colorado/ Canyon. Gm getting back into the midsize pickup category, hopefully getting toyota and nissan to get back on the ball with their midsizers and perhaps even get FORD to consider selling something other than a full sized truck. Like a new ranger or something of the like. I believe I've shared this opinion in other threads.

Now. I like the exterior looks of this thing. Interior is a bit meh, but that's typical for GM. What is really nice are the engine options.. 2.6 liter 4 pot, 3.6 v6, and in 2016, a 2.8 liter 4 pot duramax DIESEL (hopefully)!

So I've put my plans on getting a new car with a tow pacakge on hold to wait for this thing, see how it does (and my down payment will only grow). I'd wanted some small truck before but considering the tacos and frontiers, as well as the old tacos and hardbodys are WAY overpriced, the new ones as well, and the only other option was a full sized truck, i relegated myself to a small car and trailer.

Anyway. Let the discussion begin.

(look, its even towing the right bike.. though I don't know why you wouldnt just bed them... which is the whole purpose of why I'd consider this)

SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,585
Quote:
(look, its even towing the right bike.. though I don't know why you wouldnt just bed them... which is the whole purpose of why I'd consider this)

Well because with that short bed you can't bed them without the tailgate down and that doesn't look good in the promo photo!

I like the looks of this, although I'm not unhappy in any way with my Titan (which is going to get a diesel next year too). I like GMs interiors (and Nissans) and always felt Fords interiors were low end (except on their premium units). But that is just my opinion (and like A-holes, everyone has one)
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,266
Hopefully this fuels competition.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Tweaker

Oddometer: 9,570
Needs a plugin hybrid version.
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
SteelJM1 OP
Undercover KTM rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
Well because with that short bed you can't bed them without the tailgate down and that doesn't look good in the promo photo!

I like the looks of this, although I'm not unhappy in any way with my Titan (which is going to get a diesel next year too). I like GMs interiors (and Nissans) and always felt Fords interiors were low end (except on their premium units). But that is just my opinion (and like A-holes, everyone has one)
True. It's unfortunate they don't offer a standard cab version with a 7 foot bed, but the extended cab will have a 6'2" bed. Might juuuuust be able to squeeze the TE in.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #6
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
I like GMs interiors (and Nissans) and always felt Fords interiors were low end (except on their premium units).
I don't what you've been smoking, but it's probably laced with something that impairs brain function.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #7
TooFast
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
Good looking little truck, I'll definitely test drive one when available. For me, it's all about mpg these days - it will be interesting if it will beat the new full size pick ups, the Ram 1500 is up to 25 mpg and has lots more room.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
SteelJM1 OP
Undercover KTM rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
Good looking little truck, I'll definitely test drive one when available. For me, it's all about mpg these days - it will be interesting if it will beat the new full size pick ups, the Ram 1500 is up to 25 mpg and has lots more room.
Is that real world or EPA?

Im curious as to what the real world MPG figures will be for this and the aluminium F-150, which they claim will see 30mpg. I doubt that though.

But if they can hit low 30's with the diesel pot, that would be the cat's ass.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,117
I like the looks, but I don't like the size. It's huge. I had an '88 S-10 with the long bed and wish I had it back. (I really wanted the 4.3, but wasn't about to pay an extra $3000 for it.)
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,840
Jurgy to the white Courtesy Phone, please...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Yamarocket630
Honey Badger

Oddometer: 564
Midsize trucks = 50% of the capability of full size for 90% of the price. But as a bonus you get 0.1% better fuel economy.
Yamarocket630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 56,697
Waiting on the 2016 Diesel option and wondering why Toyota doesn't have a single Diesel vehicle in their line up. The length of my garage is the deciding factor. There isn't a single crew cab full size pickup that will fit in the garage. The Tacoma and Frontier will fit... just. I'm hoping the Chevy Colorado will too.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
S3bird
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Nice looking truck especially since almost all of the new trucks are fugly and the beds are way too far in the air to my eyes. Didn't see any manual transmission option which would be a deal killer for me.
S3bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamarocket630 View Post
Midsize trucks = 50% of the capability of full size for 90% of the price. But as a bonus you get 0.1% better fuel economy.
Considering that the vast majority of pickups I see don't even have a hitch receiver installed, I'd say that most folks don't need 90% of the capability of their trucks. Why buy 12k pounds of towing capacity when 3500 will do? And last I checked, $25000 was about half of $50000, not 90% of it. Fuel economy depends on which trucks you're comparing, and in later years the automakers didn't spend any money on small truck powertrains, so their performance numbers stayed flat. That was probably intentional.

Who wants a midsize? I'd much rather have a compact truck. The Montana would be good for me. Carpet the bed and put a tonneau on it to convert it to dry storage, then install a hitch.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #15
.fisher
pissin' in the wind

Oddometer: 152
I've been following this truck and it's release pretty closely and am in the same boat as the OP. Car w/trailer, waiting for something like this to roll out.

Excited about the prospect of the diesel and will be looking to grab one after it has a few years on the market to prove itself. Toyota (and Nissan) need to get their shit together as they certainly won't be getting any of my money with their current lineup.
.fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: