User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #1531
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,510
Return trip from toad suck

OK, as mentioned we all slept pretty well. Here the Mouth looks up from his comfy hammock. Sorry the camera doesn't focus too well in the dark.

Before you know it Mat had the hammock rolled up and loaded and was cooking bacon! This guy knows how to camp! His own home made little alcohol stove too.

Before I forget, want to thank Nathan's better half for sending some killer brownies for us campers. They were GOOD! Told Nathan next time she comes and he stays home Many thanks Nathan, please extend our thanks to your wife, we really appreciated the treat. Fact is we found one under the picnic table this morning and Oleary, me and DRZ darn near tipped over that cement picnic table getting to it.

Here DRZCharlie, sips some of his fine Starbucks coffee from his new Jetboil. Mighty fine..........

Wasn't long and we were all loaded and Mouth says he is cut'n for home due to potential mechanical difficulties. Glad to see he made it home safely.
It was a dreary morning warm but overcast and it wasn't long before we ran into some really thick fog/drizzle and it was down to 15mph trying to see where we were riding. Not fun.

But once we got to lower altitudes and the wind picked up the fog was gone and we started to pick up the pace. Wasn't long and we were stopping to take some layers off.
DRZCharlie was worked up into a frenzy here as he waits for the gunslinger and me to get mounted back up.

Didn't realize it at first but this crossing has some "history" with Oleary and I. This was the crossing that we ran into with all the moss growing on it and both ended up on our buts. Now it's dry as can be.

After that we ran some high speed gravel runs and then came out on Hwy 23 and decided to slab it on home. Good split off for Charlie and Oleary had Turkey & Dressing waiting on him so we all headed for home.

Stayed dry and warm but missed the Sunshine, especially on Sunday.

Over & Out.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #1532
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,402
I was lazy this weekend. I don't have a lot to add except that Gus cleaned my clock playing poker. It's good that he had a truck to haul his winnings home.

Shortly after this picture Mouth decided to get some weight off the left side of his bike. I won't go into details but it involves plastic and electric.

Coming out of Toad Suck Park facing north looking toward the Arkansas River

I don't remember where this was taken but boy what an eclectic place

Finally on the leeward side of the mountains and back in Madison County where it got warmer and the fog subsided

Not quite sure what O'Leary was doing here? Kinda looks like he is playing tug o war with something.

Breaking camp

Not a good picture but, Left to right, O'Leary and Nate LePain (best picture of O'Leary you can get!) Sans face.

O'Leary giving riding instruction to Mike

My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 11-21-2010 at 05:55 PM
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #1533
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,623
Yep, the little fender is gone... I've been running knobbies for over 30K miles, so I'm surprised that it lasted that long. I heard it pop and then fall off but it was so foggy I couldn't tell what happened. I guess I hit a good bump and the TKC80, took it right off.

1-week prior

I enjoyed the challenging pace and it was nice to meet everyone. The weather sucked but the ride was great. My wife was glad y'all liked the brownies. Between her and my 3 daughters, I never want for food or drink... Maybe I should build an ADV Roach Coach.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #1534
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain
My wife was glad y'all liked the brownies. Between her and my 3 daughters, I never want for food or drink... Maybe I should build an ADV Roach Coach.

nlp
it's amazing that you are not covered up in ZITS with all the chocolate thats consumed in your house hold!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #1535
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
it's amazing that you are not covered up in ZITS with all the chocolate thats consumed in your house hold!
He doesn't sit around after he eats, maybe you could fix that fence the cows call a revolving door or go look for your glasses.
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #1536
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Zits haven't been a problem yet, but I'm still waiting on puberty.

I thought about calling my ride report, 3 men and a baby.

But then I saw Charlie eat and was sure glad we extra napkins...

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #1537
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Don't forget this one.

[IMG][/IMG]
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #1538
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeunclear
...or go look for your glasses.
you're abt 4 days behind there Ms Lucy..try to keep up okay?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=536
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #1539
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee
It's been a couple of weeks since I've had access to the internet, ,,,,,,,,
Ride safe gents!

-JD
I was wondering where you had been. Long time no hear! Glad you had a chance to catch up on the ride reports. Camping has been a lot of fun. We have had some great weather for it. I look forward to hooking up when you get back in country. Give us a shout. Take care.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #1540
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain

When I pulled into the Oark Cafe, I found these guys patiently waiting for breakfast.

nlp
I had a great time riding with you Nate and was good to get to visit with you a bit at Toad Suck. I think you had the biggest challenge of all riding in all of that fog without a GPS to rely on. I would have been a nervous Nelly if I had of been in your shoes. You did a great job riding the fog out. Your Mrs. deserves some praise for the great brownies. Thanks for sharing them with us. They were good to the last crumb. 10Cup, Charlie, and I had pretty much the same weather going back but the fog didnt seem to be quite as wet as it was on Saturday. Take care and we'll do it again soon I hope.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #1541
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,080
Quote:
you're abt 4 days behind there Ms Lucy..try to keep up okay?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=536

Charlie sez, "Since that excuse worked once we'll see it again."
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #1542
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Toad Suck Trip

Just getting around to posting my pics and comments on this last weekends camping trip. When I got home Sunday I had last minute Honey Doo! jobs waiting on me then a full house for turkey and all the fixin's. Man that was good, I was starving. Ate a good portion just carving the bird. That is becoming my favorite part of the whole deal. Anyway, here goes on the ride report.

Met up with Scotty and Charlie at the Japton Grocery store about 8:30 or so. They had been waiting about 5 minutes. So off we go after exchanging pleasantries.

Scotty rode with us until we hit Hwy 23 then he had to head back toward his homestead to celebrate his wifes birthday. Charlie, 10Cup and I rode on to Oark where Nate joined us for brunch. Had a couple of bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. It was quite tasty with some coffee, and really hit the spot. We head off to Toad Suck and the next pics are enroute.

This is where Nate reallizes he has lost his front fender, Hmmm-something looks different about my front end

After jammin thru the fog for an hour or so we come upon the oldest bridge still in operation in Arkansas, built in 1901-How am I doin Fish? Thanks for the reroute.

Next pics I have are of the campsite. Pretty cool location on the Arkansas River with the Lock and Dam in the background.

Joe stops by to say Howdie Doo. This is how you roll with the Mrs.

More campsite photos.

Mike say something like "Can any of you guys relate?".

Matt, Gus, and Duane.

Few photos of the return trip.

Fun trip but didn't get many pics. Thats all I got!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 11-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #1543
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

[quote=DTZDR]I rode my Triumph up to Toad Suck, just to visit with the guys.

quote]
Good seein you again Duane. Good pics of the campsite. Look forward to riding with you. Take care.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #1544
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie

Not a good picture but, Left to right, O'Leary and Nate LePain (best picture of O'Leary you can get!) Sans face.

You crack me up Charlie! Which reminds me of Confusious says "Woman who flies airplane upside down have "crack up". I got up in front of my 7th grade class and gave this proclamation not knowing what I was saying. Just sayin,,,Duh!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #1545
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70
Don't forget this one.
Yeah, you guys all just love picking on poor ole me. I haven't hardly known what to do with dry socks for so long though.

I hope your employers get their heads on straight though so you can do more flying and less driving. Fly safe Elvis!

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is online now   Reply With Quote