Fixtd
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #153
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish
Nate that first overlook, at Treat Road. That looks like the big Piney Overlook.
Glad you all made it out safe and had a good time.
BTW I thought you was going in a 4x4 not a station wagon.
Might be a good thing you didn't cross over to 21.

BTW from Treat Road you could've went north and come out up there by Fort Douglas.
Last time I was on it, they was grading the heck out of it. It was like riding marbles.
I thought Treat road all the way down to the low water bridge was pretty good. That was the Piney, in the picture. Last fall we took the wagon from White Rock to Oark and on over to 21. From 21, we went north to the The Glory Hole waterfall. I picked the Freestyle over an expedition and couldn't be more pleased. I'm looking forward to exploring more of the forest between 123 and 7. nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #154
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTZDR
Then we never ever stopped, we just kept going! And I was hurting, then we finally got home.

Last fall, my boy felt the same. except he fell asleep a time or two. So we had to stop and wake him up...

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #155
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
I was worried about that myself. Fortunately Seth kept reminding me that he was awake by shifting his tucked in position behind me every three seconds. It sure was a great trip, though.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #156
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Great report, beautiful family Nate. Thanks for taking us along.
Thank you sir. BTW, I occasionally send your ride reports to your daughter, via facebook. Ride reports, like yours are what make this site fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70
Nice pics of the waterfalls. Looks like a nice family outing. All that was missing was a golden retriever, and could of been a disney movie.
Thanks. We left the golden fleabag at home. She's only traveled once from Bentonville to LR. She barfed twice and punched somes holes in my leather seats, with her claws. Now she's just a porch-sitten biscuit eater.

nlp

Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #157
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTZDR
It sure was a great trip, though.
I'm looking to take my boy on our first moto camping trip, this spring. I'm hoping by the time he's 16, we'll both be riding the TAT, with an AK trip, when ye finishes HS.

nlp

Old 04-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #158
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
That's awesome. We may try something like that as well.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #159
miykael
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Ark Dirt Road Tour

I thought I would post some pics of a trip me and some friends took from MO down your way weekend before last. Rode about 400 mi over the weekend and stayed in Ozark Sat night. One of the guys was in Ozark MO and Ozark Arkansas all in the same day!.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...d=984136008703
miykael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #160
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by miykael
I thought I would post some pics of a trip me and some friends took from MO down your way weekend before last. Rode about 400 mi over the weekend and stayed in Ozark Sat night. One of the guys was in Ozark MO and Ozark Arkansas all in the same day!.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...d=984136008703
cool! am surprised that our pathes didnt cross...we were at Oark when the rain let loose..was a cold ride back home to Huntsville...looks like y'all had a good time...most of the folks who attended the Hill Billy Run had a good time too, did you get to meet any of them? The hills were littered with DS folks!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #161
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,553
Great Pictures

Miykael, thanks for sharing, looks like you saw some great terrain and other than the rain had a great ride. Those Burgers at Oark will stay with you for a few hours too right?? I haven't stopped in the Dunston store but will have to now that I know they have food! Good report!
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #162
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,861
Well done. well rode, great pictures........ Come back more often...
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #163
KIP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Eureka Springs and North

Rode the KLR around ES on Saturday up thru Holiday Island then all around Mark Twain Forest between Eagle Rock and Roaring River and 86 and E over to Big M Marina. No dust just puddles. Got overconfident and ripped around a corner on trail 1011 into a giant mud section - the front washed out and I slid on my back for 20 feet in the mud! Slick stuff

Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #164
miykael
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
cool! am surprised that our pathes didnt cross...we were at Oark when the rain let loose..was a cold ride back home to Huntsville...looks like y'all had a good time...most of the folks who attended the Hill Billy Run had a good time too, did you get to meet any of them? The hills were littered with DS folks!
We actually didn't ride last weekend, it was the weekend before. I really wanted to go to the Hillbilly deal, couldn't go being Easter weekend and all. I heard there was about 150 that showed up for it, sounds like it would have been a great time! Wish I was there.

We were pretty lucky the weekend we went, the only time it rained was when we were at Oark eating lunch. Quit right before we left. I would rather be lucky than good any day!

XR650L
"Greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

"Old enduro riders never die, they just buy a dual sport!"

www.cmausa.org
Old 04-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #165
miykael
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Miykael, thanks for sharing, looks like you saw some great terrain and other than the rain had a great ride. Those Burgers at Oark will stay with you for a few hours too right?? I haven't stopped in the Dunston store but will have to now that I know they have food! Good report!
Yeah, the food at Oark is pretty good (and big)! The Duston store was a hoot, it had a little bit of everything in it. We ate right next to a shelf full of nuts and bolts. We fit right in with the nuts! ;-)

The store does have food, you can have anything you want as long as it is either a bologna or chopped ham sandwich! I thought I was on an episode of Sienfeld. Asked for some tomato and lettuce on the sammy. THe reply was basically, "no tomato and lettuce for you"!

XR650L
"Greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

"Old enduro riders never die, they just buy a dual sport!"

www.cmausa.org