Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #181
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,039
That is what I was thinking Gus. I know from flying over there how pretty it is but I really need to get over there and poke around a little lower and slower.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:14 AM   #182
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43
I have not been anywhere in that area. You have me hooked now....
C'mon up. There's room in the garage for a bike, and a spare bed in the house. And lots of places to go play in the area.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #183
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 28,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider
C'mon up. There's room in the garage for a bike, and a spare bed in the house. And lots of places to go play in the area.
hmmmm...does that apply to "any" of us NWA ADVrs? I can see a friday nite sleep over with a saturday ride from dawn to dusk, after breakfast of course..then sleep over agn sat to rest up for the drive home on sunday..yeah, I can make that work!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #184
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
hmmmm...does that apply to "any" of us NWA ADVrs? I can see a friday nite sleep over with a saturday ride from dawn to dusk, after breakfast of course..then sleep over agn sat to rest up for the drive home on sunday..yeah, I can make that work!
Any and all are welcome. There's enough acreage for camping as well. Full shop with lift, tyre machine, and tools if needed.

Bring yer own goat though.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #185
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider
Any and all are welcome. There's enough acreage for camping as well. Full shop with lift, tyre machine, and tools if needed.

Bring yer own goat though.
goats stay home..can't risk them learning thats theres a better life out there for them!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:24 AM   #186
Porky Pig
"That's All Folks"

Oddometer: 27
Got out Sunday about 11:30 and headed to Elkins, Mill Creek, Fly Gap West and East then on down to Oark. When I got there it was very busy, probably about 8-10 Cruisers/Harleys and one of these.....

No that isn't the actual bike, or rider, remember my camera is broken and I am a couple of days away from getting it replaced (Come on UPS). So found this shot on line. Great picture though.

Also found out the guy is from Rogers and does visit ADV. Small world. Says the bike is stupid fast. Sure is a pretty paint job too.

Had some apple pie ala-mode (again) and some great coffee then headed back via some different roads. It is really dry out there never seen it so dusty and loose. Fun but a little rain would be good. All the stream crossings are about down to trickles.

Anyway where is everybody, no trip reports? Mama gotcha working at the ranch??? Beautiful day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Saw a couple of dirt bikes on my way out of Fayetteville around lunch time but they were just coming into the 265/16 meeting place so not sure what the scoop was or who they were.
Mike, think i saw you headed out on my way back in around 11:30. I buzzed to Oark for a little breakfast and back. What a great morning ride. the dust was definatly flying though!

Later..........

Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #187
Spanky15
Dirt Slider

Oddometer: 521
Didn't read from the start...

Didn't mean to step on a thread. I'm done...later.
'82 XR-500R
'74 Ossa
...all Flattrackers
Spanky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #188
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,722
Well, I wasn't gonna post this, but since it's my first decent ride, I thought I would share.

Took a little ride over to ES Saturday morning and on down to the Kings river for a mid morning float. The weather was perfect but the fish weren't biting. Oh well. Great day anyway.

Here's the campsite.

Woke up Sunday and headed back to ES for some breakfast. Had some eggs benedict with the biggest biscuit I have ever seen. Couldn't finish it.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll definately take more next time out. It was a great ride. All paved except for a little dirt around the Kings river. Here's my path including the float. Sorry for the jump from the river back to ES. I had the GPS off then. All I could think about was breakfast.

I saw a bunch of bikes in ES and on the way back. Maybe I passed a few of you. Anyway, thats all. I'll make it a little better next time.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #189
DrLewall
The Human GPS

I was busy sittin in Basin Park passing judgement on every humanbeing within sight!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #190
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
I was busy sittin in Basin Park passing judgement on every humanbeing within sight!

Definitley some some weird folk.

I ran into a guy with boobs.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #191
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,748
Good report, do not apologize...

I missed the fun this weekend in ES and Doc was too much a wuss to get good pictures and post for us.........
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #192
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Good report

Liked your report, the pictures you had were great too. You'll get more next time, sounds like you had fun and enjoyed some good food too!
10Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #193
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
DravinToad that bike is entirely to CLEAN!
Your picture was nice too.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #194
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 13,609
Riding in Missery (again)

Today I decided to take a ride to see if my back could stand it. As it turned out it was just fine today. Conditions were dry, too dry! Couple that with freshly graded roads and you have loose rock aka ball bearings. It was an interesting ride.

Here is my route. It really started at Seligman. I am not sure why I had the extra tracks other than maybe I forgot to clear tracks when I began.

I rode with a family friend (kind of a last minute throw together plan) and dirt newbie on a KLR that was lowered and had street tires with way too much air in them. But he made it alive and unscathed.

This is Bob! Everyone say "Hi Bob"!

We took dirt roads to Powell, Missouri. Then found the pavement and headed back as Bob had other obligations.

The route shown is part of the route that JD, 10Cup, Doc and I took last fall. The creeks were dry as a bone this time.

On the way out we cut through Mark Twain Forest via Radium Springs Road. This is Radium Springs.

The ride was beautiful albeit a bit distracting having a dirt newbie behind me. I kept the pace slow and it was a beautiful day for it.

It wasn't a big ride or a tough ride but it was a great ride.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #195
DrLewall
The Human GPS

nice!...am jealous tho