Whew., made it
Through some deep stuff and I am tired

Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #6977
allkidd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
Yes, that would have been me and Mark S. over here in J'boro that were supposed to have been there last weekend. After seeing the pics, I wish we would have ventured over there anyway, despite the rain. We were intending to just ride the trails at Brock on our dirt-only bikes but decided to pull the plug on Friday afternoon thinking that the rocks, roots, rocks, hills and rocks would be awfully slick there.

Greg
Hey Greg, Sorry we missed you guys. I'm hoping to get down there again in June...I will let Mark know. Kramer and I are going to Chadwick May 15,16,17 if by chance you guys can make it.
allkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #6978
rycomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Here are a couple of photos from our ride with Bo last weekend.

Riders in the fog / mist.

My tent at base camp. yes, I slept in my truck. Maybe next time.

The KTM recovery KTM project.

And this guy stopped by right after everyone else left on Sunday AM.
He was looking for breakfast and spotted the ADV sticker on my DRZ.
His name is Jason, and his ADV name is GS1100F (or something close).
He is from Florida, and en route to Alaska. Hope he's doing well. He should be un Utah by now, maybe.

Here is the photobucket album of the rest of my pics, if anyone is interested.
http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/ry...83445058131723
Hopefully that works.

Ryan
09 WR250R, do these come in any color other than blue?
former rides:98 KLR650, 01 SV650 (another blue bike),89 KLR650, 92 Bandit 400
rycomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #6979
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by allkidd View Post
Hey Greg, Sorry we missed you guys. I'm hoping to get down there again in June...I will let Mark know. Kramer and I are going to Chadwick May 15,16,17 if by chance you guys can make it.
Dang the bad luck. Mark and I are going to Ross this Wednesday down in south Arkansas and I'm probably heading out of town on business next week... not to say Mark might not join you. We've been talking about riding at Chadwick again since neither of us have been there recently (me back in 2009).

Let us know when you'll be down in June though... maybe winter and the rain will be over by then!

Greg
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #6980
bohawk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
[QUOTE=rycomm;21340785]Here are a couple of photos from our ride with Bo last weekend.

Thanks for posting the additional pictures, Ryan. More evidence of just how wet it was. Glad your DRZ did not suffer the fate a friend's horse did when he had a similar failure with his trailer. Too bad Jason did not come by Saturday morning. His DR650 might have enjoyed a detour through the Ozarks on his way to Alaska.
bohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #6981
rycomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Bo, since I seem to be in the market for a camera, I was wondering how you like yours. I recall it is an Olympus. I've read about all the major makes weatherproof models. There doesn't seem to be a clear winner. I may need to go try some out and see if any are easier to operate with gloves on ect. My camera seems to work intermittently since getting home. Today I could review the photos, but the lens wouldn't open.

Thanks Ryan
09 WR250R, do these come in any color other than blue?
former rides:98 KLR650, 01 SV650 (another blue bike),89 KLR650, 92 Bandit 400
rycomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #6982
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,895
A ride to Chester for lunch

10Cup and I hatched a plan this morning to make a run to Chester for lunch, we left Mall Mountain about 8:15 ish. The ride down was mostly paved and boring (my bad) but coming back was great.

I got a message from Jim (JaiDee) on our way to Prairie Grove and we tried to call him and arrange a meeting place but couldn't get him to return the call. Maybe next time?

Our route for the day

Leaving Prairie Grove

Lee Creek Swimming hole

Outside the restaurant at Chester

On the way back at Trace Creek

I had a short 122 miles on the day with 5 hours and 45 minutes of riding time. My GPS said my maximum speed of 397 miles an hour with a moving average of 33.5 miles an hour? Really? I must have hit Mach 1 once or twice along the way. Anyway that's what the GPS said. I have my doubts.

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 02:16 PM
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #6983
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Yeah, great riding with you Charlie been too long. JD sorry we could not hook up would have loved to have you join up. We'll do it again.

Perfect day for riding, sunny, no wind and all around fun day.
Here is a picture of the Dizzer as we get ready to head out from Chester, full belly's and looking for more dirt.

I was lame today and didn't get many pictures but a few from Chester.

I had such a great attitude that my meal was FREE!! Thanks Charlie

Till next time Gents.
10Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #6984
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,375
I am glad to see someone is able to get out and enjoy this great weather. Heck, I am so busy at work I am having to work weekends. It helps the attitude when it is raining out. Good to see you Boyz out and about. Looked like some good home cooking there. Good for you!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #6985
bohawk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm View Post
Bo, since I seem to be in the market for a camera, I was wondering how you like yours. I recall it is an Olympus.

Thanks Ryan
I am normally a Canon fan but I went with the Oympus TG-1 for my rough & tough waterproof camera. I have only had it about 5 months but it has gotten a pretty good workout in the cold, dust and rain. So far so good.
bohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #6986
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,860
Good info Bohawk, looked at it is interesting.
Thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #6987
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
Possible for a Texan to make any of these rides? Our racing season is winding to a close due to the heat and your DS stuff sure looks great. Was hoping to make a couple of those camping trip rides I saw last year but I have not seen any this spring. ?? Made the TAT trail from Clinton to Fayetteville and back and was nice. Adult on a plated XR4 sure would like to see some of that country. Am a free man so can go anytime with just short notice. Thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #6988
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Possible for a Texan to make any of these rides? Our racing season is winding to a close due to the heat and your DS stuff sure looks great. Was hoping to make a couple of those camping trip rides I saw last year but I have not seen any this spring. ?? Made the TAT trail from Clinton to Fayetteville and back and was nice. Adult on a plated XR4 sure would like to see some of that country. Am a free man so can go anytime with just short notice. Thanks.
Hey Dude!

We have had two great camping trips already this spring. One in March over at Jacks Fishing Resort close to Mountain View and the AR500 out of Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. Here is a link to the AR ADV Camping Schedule. Click on the 2013 Schedule link and then you will see the schedule for this year. This months event is SLAP at Byrds Adventure Center. When you open the schedule click on the Thread link and you will be connected to the ride report for that event. Junes event is at Lake Sylvia south of Little Rock. Might get some Ross Foundation riding in on that one. Might be a bit warm but the way the weather has been here who knows. Come and join us.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #6989
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 475

Tim,
I thought about you this past Wednesday when a buddy of mine had a flat. You'll notice that I'm not holding the white bike steady, as I did yours back in March. I had been replaced by a kickstand on one side and a stick on the other!

Greg
Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #6990
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Hey Dude!

We have had two great camping trips already this spring. One in March over at Jacks Fishing Resort close to Mountain View and the AR500 out of Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. Here is a link to the AR ADV Camping Schedule. Click on the 2013 Schedule link and then you will see the schedule for this year. This months event is SLAP at Byrds Adventure Center. When you open the schedule click on the Thread link and you will be connected to the ride report for that event. Junes event is at Lake Sylvia south of Little Rock. Might get some Ross Foundation riding in on that one. Might be a bit warm but the way the weather has been here who knows. Come and join us.
Thanks. Went thru a bad back spell that ruined my spring. Better now and will ck the schedule. Thanks for the heads up.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote