Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #796
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by talldaddy
The next step is getting it more accessible than in a case strapped to the chest strap on my camelback, perhaps just a lanyard?
I recently started carrying my camera in the clear map pocket of my tank bag. Just un-velcro it and there it is. It resides there without getting jolted because my tank bag takes all the shock. The velcro keeps out the dust and rain too.

With it being so visible and accessible I tend to take more pictures too. Just none of the beauty and the Phillips 66 station.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #797
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
That pedestrian bridge is one I stop on often. We hit it after the last breakfast that all you all missed.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #798
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70
That pedestrian bridge is one I stop on often. We hit it after the last breakfast that all you all missed.
Thats the first time I have seen the bridge. Kind of a neat spot.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #799
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,511
Hey good to know thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldaddy
I opted for the Panasonic TS2 waterproof, shockproof with HD video. So far it has done well. Survived the ride yesterday and hopefully will have many more ahead.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10...panadmcft2.asp

The next step is getting it more accessible than in a case strapped to the chest strap on my camelback, perhaps just a lanyard?

Also, great ride report. Hope to do one similar....

-Talldaddy

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209...oup/page17.asp
Thanks for the input! Where did you end up riding and with whom? Yeah post up a ride report when you can. Hope you had a hoot!

Later
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #800
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70
after the last breakfast that all you all missed.
We woulda ben there but rumor had it you were going to be there......
Old 07-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #801
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
I think I have found "the" camera for ride reports, Pentax Optio W90..........dustproof........now that's what I'm talking about. So far I have ruined two nice Sony cameras due to dust. I can leave this little guy hanging around my neck and get many more great pictures. Anyone own one?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...90-review.html

I've got the W80. It was marked way down just before the W90 release. A friend who is an excellent Photog recommended it as a great value for a shock resistant waterproof point and shoot. I like it.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #802
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Pentax

Thanks Joe, Looks like what I need. Have one on the way so will know for sure soon.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #803
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,082
At the risk of 10Cup telling me this isn't a RR.....

I mounted my W80 by putting a Ram Mount ball with 1/4 by 20 camera thread into a Manfrotto quick release. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tem_Quick.html This in turn allows me to attach the camera to my GoldWing or XR with an appropriate length Ram Arm. Touch the lever and the very secure mount releases the camera. On the Wing I have it adjusted to shoot through the windscreen. I just it power and press the button as needed. As it's on the left side and sturdy I can provide steering input through the mount if needed.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #804
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,308
Laugh Another Closed Bridge

Was out riding today and found another bridge that was closed (to automobiles anyway). We went by the road it is on the other day when we rode the Webber Falls ride I think. I took some pictures so check it out. This is right behind the Creeks golf course SW of Cave Springs.

Rode some pretty neat tracks near Butler Creek up by Sulphur Springs as well. Didn't get any photos of that. Was havin too much fun.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #805
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear
I've got the W80. It was marked way down just before the W90 release. A friend who is an excellent Photog recommended it as a great value for a shock resistant waterproof point and shoot. I like it.
I just ordered the Pentax W90! I have an older 7 mp Olympus waterproof camera that has served me well for 5 years. It has recently started leaking a bit of water through the seals so I bought a new Olympus Tough 3000 before the beach trip I just took. It lasted 3 days and FRIED!!!! Looks like water got in and fried the battery/contacts. My Bro in law also had a brand new Olympus Tough 6000 and his screwed up too but would dry out and half ass work the next day. I'd stay away from the newer Olympus unless you get the all metal versions, which is what my older one is.

Anyway I tossed the fried Olympus in a box and shipped it back to where I bought it in exchange for the Pentax, we will see how it works out.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #806
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Bridge

So Oleary, did you ride over it looking for Kayakers

Looks like you could make it fine on the WR.. I have been up to that bridge, but I never went up top to check it out. Great pictures too!

Ted, I'm hoping the W90 works as advertised! I don't plan any "underwater" pic's but "stuff" happens right? By the way welcome back from "Some Beech" as the song goes....

10Cup screwed with this post 07-26-2010 at 02:29 PM
Old 07-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #807
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,308
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
So Oleary, did you ride over it looking for Kayakers

Looks like you could make it fine on the WR.. I have been up to that bridge, but I never went up top to check it out. Great pictures too!

Ted, I'm hoping the W90 works as advertised! I don't plan any "underwater" pic's but "stuff" happens right? By the way welcome back from "Some Beech" as the song goes....
Not a kayaker in sight, much to my dismay! You just don't see kayakers everyday.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #808
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,036
posted a ride report of my son and mines trip to Colorado. The KLX250 worked out great for him... Thanks for the tips you guys made last year when i was trying to sort out what bike to get, and wether to trailer or TAT it to CO.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post13574008

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #809
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Stream Crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wswartzwel
posted a ride report of my son and mines trip to Colorado. The KLX250 worked out great for him... Thanks for the tips you guys made last year when i was trying to sort out what bike to get, and wether to trailer or TAT it to CO.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post13574008
Looks like you guys had some real challenging water crossings on this ride. Beautiful pictures! Anybody get wet? Come on give us the nitty gritty
Your Bimmer is one of the coolest I have seen.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #810
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,036
Those water crossings were the local rides we did to prepare him for the Colorado trip. Sorry if that was confusing

The Dakar is going up for sale. My son wants to do more single track type riding. So I will be selling it to fund a more woods oriented bike.

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote