User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #76
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,109
Solo ride into Missery

Well, I was invited by RipperFox to join him and the other Okies for Pannell Rd. and Lee Creek today but wimped out. I hurt my wrist in a tree cutting accident about a week ago, it's much better but not good enough to ride that type of terrain for sustained periods.

So, I was sitting here bored, feeling sorry for myself and decided to take a nice slow, calm ride (mostly) into Missouri. So I headed West on Arkansas 62 and started tracking with the GPS at Busch.

Oh, and my Son (17) informed his Mother that he was going to bring his girlfriend to our house for dinner for the first time. Of course my wife wigged out hearing htis and asked me to be home around 5 ish. So, being the kinda guy I am (stfu) I stayed relatively close to home and got back around 3:30 pm.

I've done most of this loop before but took off down a couple of new roads today and they were a blast.

There was a bit of really twisty and fast tarmac on a road that runs parallel and is sandwiched between Arkansas 62 and Missouri 90. It was just a blast! Fast, twisty and no cops. I've labeled that bit of road in my track map below. It is suitable for big bikes and would be an absolute blast on a sport bike.

Saw some old structures along the way

And had some nice scenery along the way and in fact, it was quite Mooooo ving!

I made a big loop and ended up in Mark Twain State Forest and then to Roaring River State Park

My Route

My trip totals

TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #77
JV
What?

Oddometer: 583
Safetyfifth and I met up in Drasco this morning with hopes of a little warmer temps and a good ride. Well we got some of both but not quite what I was hoping for ride wise. We left out after Aaron warmed up a bit took Hwy 5 north then a gravels tie road over to Hwy 14. Before you make it to Mountain View you hang a left up Iron Mountain Road. It's a nice rocky climb that has you on the pegs quite a bit and the mud wasn't bad at all this year. We stopped about a third of the way up to air down our tires and made it to the old fire tower fairly quick.

That's when the problem set in. My KLR would barely crank over and we had to push start it. I decided to run the rest of the ridge back to Hwy 5 and do a check on the battery terminals to see if the neg had worked loose. It's done it before a couple of times but it acted different this time trying to start it. After stopping for a check we called it off for fear of really get in a tight spot later today. We made it back to Wolf Bayou and split off for home.

So into the shop the rest of the day checking stator, battery, rectifier and connections. I got the battery on the charger right now to get a full charge if possible. It would only register 12.1 after the 50 mile ride home from where we split off and the charge voltage when running was 13.2 at 4000 rpm...That's not right, somethings amiss. I checked my meter on the Wee and it would hit 14.4 just off idle.

150 miles for the day for me. Here's the pics I did take.

Coming into the hills off the delta. It started out promising.

White river at Oil Trough, a bit high.

Safetyfifth warming up.

On the tie road.

At the tower.

Last shot of the day.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #78
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

"It would only register 12.1 after the 50 mile ride home from where we split off and the charge voltage when running was 13.2 at 4000 rpm...That's not right, somethings amiss."

You should be running about 14 volts at 5K.

I had to replace my stator recently. I got mine at RM STATOR.

They have an online electrical fault FLOW CHART that may help you find what the problem is.

Great pics and report, hope you get your bike problems sorted.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #79
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Charlie,
Looks like a nice ride. That road along the creek reminded me of the old MN&A RR line I was riding the other day.

JV,
I hate having issues like that starting out a ride. I had an issue with Safteyfifth one time too. I had the CS sproket loose al its teeth and had to cut the ride short.

I took the wife and kids on a dirt road ride in the Cherokee, we rode the same route I use to get the National Forest when not in a hurry. The Mrs loved the Scenic vistas and the remoteness of the route. I told her if I ever broke down back there I was just plain screwed it was a LOOONNGG walk to the nearest help.
The kids like the creek crossing. They make me back up and hit it a couple more times to see how much water we could spray.
It was a nice afternoon.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #80
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,567
Great Reports

Well here I set while you guys are riding.......got to change that this coming week!! Great pictures from all,.... well cept for Fish Friday is looking real good this coming week, hope the week goes well so I can make a break for it. Anyone else got plans?
10Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #81
DrLewall
Banned

Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Well here I set while you guys are riding.......got to change that this coming week!! Great pictures from all,.... well cept for Fish Friday is looking real good this coming week, hope the week goes well so I can make a break for it. Anyone else got plans?
yeah..this next weekend is the Hill Billy run so we gonna have a good showing of ADVrs in the area and I hope to do a little hobb knobb'n with em..you wanna be part of the welcome'n committiee?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #82
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Whats the plan

What have you got in mind Doc? Haven't looked at the thread yet do they have any good routes?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #83
DrLewall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
What have you got in mind Doc? Haven't looked at the thread yet do they have any good routes?
am sure they do but they'd probably like a few new ones from ya...am just gonna tag along and offer some advice if asked..I'm just along for the fellowship anyway
Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #84
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Routes...

Yeah, I went over to the thread and they do have some routes, lots of pavement with a few "excursions" thrown in on the side. I'll look around and see what I can come up with that is mostly dirt and let ya know.

OK, I have two routes that will be mucho fun. Eureka to Rush and back (different routes) 103 miles over 104 miles back. BUT for some reason ADV site will not upload the GPX files so does anyone know what the deal is? I get "upload error" when I try to load the attachements.

So here is the ride and the download files on GPS exchange Go to the Central No. America thread.

10Cup screwed with this post 03-28-2010 at 12:26 PM
Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #85
JV
What?

10Cup make sure it's .gpx file not a .gdb

Here's the tracks Safetyfifth and I were going to do yesterday but got canceled due to my KLR acting a monkey.

JV screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 10:45 PM
Old 03-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #86
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

You are the only one I have ever seen that can post a .gpx file besides the Cannontracks guy. How the hell did you do that?

This is what I get when I try

Old 03-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #87
DrLewall
Banned

I too can not post a gpx file..I am "forbidden" apparently..so I don't..and it's such a PAIN IN THE ASS to email em out
Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #88
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
I too can not post a gpx file..I am "forbidden" apparently..so I don't..and it's such a PAIN IN THE ASS to email em out
IF we could load these tracks it would be nice to have a thread where they could be posted. I don't mean our "secret" tracks but the ones that general in nature and everybody seems to want.

JV, did you upload that track using IE, FireFox, or something else as your browser?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #89
JV
What?

I make the track in Mapsource an save it to my Desktop folder I have labeled Routes. Mapsource saves it as a .gdb file. and is it has the Mapsource world symbol shown as an icon.

Then I open it back up, automatically with Mapsource when you double click it. Then hit File and Save As. At the bottom of the Save As window that opens up scroll the selection to .gpx exchange file and hit Save. It shows up with the FireFox icon now in the Route file.

So then I have the same route or track as both types but differnt kb sizes in my Route file. As long as the .gpx file size doesn't exceed the Attachment limit it always works for me.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #90
JV
What?

Yea I use FireFox.