ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #211
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oddometer: 1,100
I just ran into some guys who thought you could ship a bike from Klang to Medan for 150RM - anyone hear of that before?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #212
clickmaster
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 16
I haven't heard such shipment before, better ask some guys here with huge knowledge of this.
clickmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #213
Sascha
Adventurer
 
Sascha's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 37
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
I just ran into some guys who thought you could ship a bike from Klang to Medan for 150RM - anyone hear of that before?
There was a boat called "banana boat (Mr Lee)" but unfortunatly it is not operationg anymore... It stopped for various (unknown for me) reasons...

any other way of crossing from Malaysia to Indonesia (Sumatra)???? At the moment there are no informations ... anyone an idea?
__________________
Round the world by bike. www.RTWbyBIKE.com
Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #214
siddiq
Adventurer
 
siddiq's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: -6.901664,107.655461
Oddometer: 31
MALAYSIAN Adventure Bikers in my house






__________________

siddiq@melsa.net.id

siddiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #215
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oddometer: 1,100
Wow that look like Malaysian motorcycles in Bandung Indonesia!

Siddiq - can you ask them how they got their bikes from Malaysia to Indonesia?

Terimah kasih!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #216
Sascha
Adventurer
 
Sascha's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Wow that look like Malaysian motorcycles in Bandung Indonesia!

Siddiq - can you ask them how they got their bikes from Malaysia to Indonesia?

Terimah kasih!
^^YES YES YES, me too we are going tomorrow to Penang, anyone knows a good place there to stay for two days???? AND then we go around malaysia and after to Indonesia if we can cross, till now we did not find any way to go over....
__________________
Round the world by bike. www.RTWbyBIKE.com
Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #217
enkil
Gnarly Adventurer
 
enkil's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: On the road
Oddometer: 153
Cool... Hope to meet you guys one day.
__________________
Having fun while at it...
enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #218
deaninkl OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
deaninkl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: KL, Malaysia
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpix View Post
Hello Malaysian Adventure Bikers,

Greetings from South Africa.

Hope you guys can help me out with some info. I am most likely moving to Malaysia very soon and I have a 2008 Suzuki DR650 which I love and would very much like to bring with me to Malaysia. Do you guys have any info regarding this? I know its possible of course but what options do i have? I could get a Carnet here and bring it in on that for a limited time etc How about registering it in Mayasia? How do the customs work out the import duties? The bike was actually very cheap here second hand...but does that mean anything once it arrives at Port Klang?

Looking forward to hear your responses.

Kind regards,

Richard....

Hi Rich Pix, bringing a bike into Malaysia long term is difficult and expensive if you plan to keep it here. If you are coming on a contract then it is possible to bring the bike in on a carnet di pass then take the bike out when you leave. A friend of mine has done this recently with his BMW so I know its possible. If you PM me I will get the contact of the local agent he used.

Dean in Kl
__________________
"don't wait for your boat to come in... swim out and meet the bloody thing"
Barry Sheene
deaninkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #219
blackcap
Studly Adventurer
 
blackcap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Wollongong aka stink-town, Australia
Oddometer: 538
ok guys, im trying to organise a ride to Gunung Mulu in Sarawak. so far im having some troubble finding some accurate maps of the area to get an idea of the logging road network near there. does anyone know if its possible to ride out to Gunung Mulu or even if you can point me in the right direction to get some detailed maps. even a village that i can start from would be nice at the moment hahaha. and if anyone wants to join me that would also be awesome.
__________________
"One must die sometime and to die with ones boots on is very noble" - Carl Stearns Clancy, first RTW motorcycle, 1912-13

Australia to Iceland on a DR650 http://oztoice.wordpress.com
and facebook https://www.facebook.com/oztoice
blackcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #220
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oddometer: 1,100
Sorry I'm not much help but I did look it up as I will be out there next week myself. I'm looking at Malsing maps and Malfree maps and it shows a trail about 12 km long that starts at the Medanmit jety which is about 30 km south by the way the crow flies (probably 2 1/2 X times that on the river) of Medanmit.

Good luck - let us know what you find!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #221
blackcap
Studly Adventurer
 
blackcap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Wollongong aka stink-town, Australia
Oddometer: 538
havent made it there yet ricky, still in sabah. did you manage to get out there? my tires are looking a little more like race slicks than offroad weapons at the moment so im not sure how ill go. does anyone have any contact details on somewhere i can get an 18" and 21" tire in either east or west malaysia. i rang the BMW dealership and they said they dont stock tires? so where do the BMW guys get theirs from?
__________________
"One must die sometime and to die with ones boots on is very noble" - Carl Stearns Clancy, first RTW motorcycle, 1912-13

Australia to Iceland on a DR650 http://oztoice.wordpress.com
and facebook https://www.facebook.com/oztoice
blackcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #222
Sascha
Adventurer
 
Sascha's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
havent made it there yet ricky, still in sabah. did you manage to get out there? my tires are looking a little more like race slicks than offroad weapons at the moment so im not sure how ill go. does anyone have any contact details on somewhere i can get an 18" and 21" tire in either east or west malaysia. i rang the BMW dealership and they said they dont stock tires? so where do the BMW guys get theirs from?
You can get tires in KL, Sunny Cycles. BMW Garage, traveller, very nice and skillfull guys.
> > > Our GPS Cord; N 03 10.766 / E 101 42.068.
> > > 37, Jalan Pahang, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur
> > > Tel; 603 4021 1661


For us the best shop in Malaysia. Best choice though you will have in Singapore.

For us the Malsing Maps have been working just great, better then any Garmin Map! Cheers from Java...


Sascha
__________________
Round the world by bike. www.RTWbyBIKE.com
Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #223
aki
Gnarly Adventurer
 
aki's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
ok guys, im trying to organise a ride to Gunung Mulu in Sarawak. so far im having some troubble finding some accurate maps of the area to get an idea of the logging road network near there. does anyone know if its possible to ride out to Gunung Mulu or even if you can point me in the right direction to get some detailed maps. even a village that i can start from would be nice at the moment hahaha. and if anyone wants to join me that would also be awesome.
Hi

A few friends did ride to Mulu using enduro below 350cc. You ride to Miri then to Marudi from there you need to hitch a ride on a wooden sampan to Long Panai.

Be warn that these logging roads are active and there are many vehicles especially during dry seasons. Another precaution is that traffic rules & regulations used in logging roads are totally different from ours, priority are given to outgoing timber laden logging trucks especially when negotiating bends and priority using single lane bridges. It is really dangerous if you are new because it is very confusing.

Unfortunately I do not have any gps track for you. Another drawback is that the bike is loaded manually and very risky!

Best regards. Safe Ride.
__________________
Those who intend to visit Malaysia particularly Sarawak state, or Borneo in general.
Feel free to visit my blog

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #224
T-REDZ
TeMMyReDDeviL
 
T-REDZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Oddometer: 1,037
Hi Aki...
I guess I'll be seing u soon there in Malaysia and I hope we could share the road together... hehehehehe..


Quote:
Originally Posted by aki View Post
Hi

A few friends did ride to Mulu using enduro below 350cc. You ride to Miri then to Marudi from there you need to hitch a ride on a wooden sampan to Long Panai.

Be warn that these logging roads are active and there are many vehicles especially during dry seasons. Another precaution is that traffic rules & regulations used in logging roads are totally different from ours, priority are given to outgoing timber laden logging trucks especially when negotiating bends and priority using single lane bridges. It is really dangerous if you are new because it is very confusing.

Unfortunately I do not have any gps track for you. Another drawback is that the bike is loaded manually and very risky!

Best regards. Safe Ride.
__________________
TEMMY REDDEVIL HIMAWAN
Jakarta - Indonesia

"Just For The Love Of The Ride"
www.ADVentourider.wordpress.com
T-REDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #225
aki
Gnarly Adventurer
 
aki's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 124
Hi Temmy,

Hope to see you soon.
__________________
Those who intend to visit Malaysia particularly Sarawak state, or Borneo in general.
Feel free to visit my blog

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014