Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #211
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,100
I just ran into some guys who thought you could ship a bike from Klang to Medan for 150RM - anyone hear of that before?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #212
clickmaster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I haven't heard such shipment before, better ask some guys here with huge knowledge of this.
clickmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #213
Sascha
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
I just ran into some guys who thought you could ship a bike from Klang to Medan for 150RM - anyone hear of that before?
There was a boat called "banana boat (Mr Lee)" but unfortunatly it is not operationg anymore... It stopped for various (unknown for me) reasons...

any other way of crossing from Malaysia to Indonesia (Sumatra)???? At the moment there are no informations ... anyone an idea?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #214
siddiq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
MALAYSIAN Adventure Bikers in my house

siddiq@melsa.net.id

siddiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #215
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Wow that look like Malaysian motorcycles in Bandung Indonesia!

Siddiq - can you ask them how they got their bikes from Malaysia to Indonesia?

Terimah kasih!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #216
Sascha
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Wow that look like Malaysian motorcycles in Bandung Indonesia!

Siddiq - can you ask them how they got their bikes from Malaysia to Indonesia?

Terimah kasih!
^^YES YES YES, me too we are going tomorrow to Penang, anyone knows a good place there to stay for two days???? AND then we go around malaysia and after to Indonesia if we can cross, till now we did not find any way to go over....
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #217
enkil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Cool... Hope to meet you guys one day.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #218
deaninkl OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpix View Post
Hello Malaysian Adventure Bikers,

Greetings from South Africa.

Hope you guys can help me out with some info. I am most likely moving to Malaysia very soon and I have a 2008 Suzuki DR650 which I love and would very much like to bring with me to Malaysia. Do you guys have any info regarding this? I know its possible of course but what options do i have? I could get a Carnet here and bring it in on that for a limited time etc How about registering it in Mayasia? How do the customs work out the import duties? The bike was actually very cheap here second hand...but does that mean anything once it arrives at Port Klang?

Looking forward to hear your responses.

Kind regards,

Richard....

Hi Rich Pix, bringing a bike into Malaysia long term is difficult and expensive if you plan to keep it here. If you are coming on a contract then it is possible to bring the bike in on a carnet di pass then take the bike out when you leave. A friend of mine has done this recently with his BMW so I know its possible. If you PM me I will get the contact of the local agent he used.

Dean in Kl
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #219
blackcap
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
ok guys, im trying to organise a ride to Gunung Mulu in Sarawak. so far im having some troubble finding some accurate maps of the area to get an idea of the logging road network near there. does anyone know if its possible to ride out to Gunung Mulu or even if you can point me in the right direction to get some detailed maps. even a village that i can start from would be nice at the moment hahaha. and if anyone wants to join me that would also be awesome.

Australia to Iceland on a DR650 http://oztoice.wordpress.com
and facebook https://www.facebook.com/oztoice
blackcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #220
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Sorry I'm not much help but I did look it up as I will be out there next week myself. I'm looking at Malsing maps and Malfree maps and it shows a trail about 12 km long that starts at the Medanmit jety which is about 30 km south by the way the crow flies (probably 2 1/2 X times that on the river) of Medanmit.

Good luck - let us know what you find!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #221
blackcap
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
havent made it there yet ricky, still in sabah. did you manage to get out there? my tires are looking a little more like race slicks than offroad weapons at the moment so im not sure how ill go. does anyone have any contact details on somewhere i can get an 18" and 21" tire in either east or west malaysia. i rang the BMW dealership and they said they dont stock tires? so where do the BMW guys get theirs from?

Australia to Iceland on a DR650 http://oztoice.wordpress.com
and facebook https://www.facebook.com/oztoice
blackcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #222
Sascha
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
havent made it there yet ricky, still in sabah. did you manage to get out there? my tires are looking a little more like race slicks than offroad weapons at the moment so im not sure how ill go. does anyone have any contact details on somewhere i can get an 18" and 21" tire in either east or west malaysia. i rang the BMW dealership and they said they dont stock tires? so where do the BMW guys get theirs from?
You can get tires in KL, Sunny Cycles. BMW Garage, traveller, very nice and skillfull guys.
> > > Our GPS Cord; N 03 10.766 / E 101 42.068.
> > > 37, Jalan Pahang, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur
> > > Tel; 603 4021 1661

For us the best shop in Malaysia. Best choice though you will have in Singapore.

For us the Malsing Maps have been working just great, better then any Garmin Map! Cheers from Java...

Sascha
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #223
aki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
ok guys, im trying to organise a ride to Gunung Mulu in Sarawak. so far im having some troubble finding some accurate maps of the area to get an idea of the logging road network near there. does anyone know if its possible to ride out to Gunung Mulu or even if you can point me in the right direction to get some detailed maps. even a village that i can start from would be nice at the moment hahaha. and if anyone wants to join me that would also be awesome.
Hi

A few friends did ride to Mulu using enduro below 350cc. You ride to Miri then to Marudi from there you need to hitch a ride on a wooden sampan to Long Panai.

Be warn that these logging roads are active and there are many vehicles especially during dry seasons. Another precaution is that traffic rules & regulations used in logging roads are totally different from ours, priority are given to outgoing timber laden logging trucks especially when negotiating bends and priority using single lane bridges. It is really dangerous if you are new because it is very confusing.

Unfortunately I do not have any gps track for you. Another drawback is that the bike is loaded manually and very risky!

Best regards. Safe Ride.

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #224
T-REDZ
TeMMyReDDeviL

Oddometer: 1,037
Hi Aki...
I guess I'll be seing u soon there in Malaysia and I hope we could share the road together... hehehehehe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki View Post
Hi

A few friends did ride to Mulu using enduro below 350cc. You ride to Miri then to Marudi from there you need to hitch a ride on a wooden sampan to Long Panai.

Be warn that these logging roads are active and there are many vehicles especially during dry seasons. Another precaution is that traffic rules & regulations used in logging roads are totally different from ours, priority are given to outgoing timber laden logging trucks especially when negotiating bends and priority using single lane bridges. It is really dangerous if you are new because it is very confusing.

Unfortunately I do not have any gps track for you. Another drawback is that the bike is loaded manually and very risky!

Best regards. Safe Ride.

"Just For The Love Of The Ride"
www.ADVentourider.wordpress.com
T-REDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #225
aki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Hi Temmy,

Hope to see you soon.

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote