ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 229 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #1621
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon
 
vtwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 7,179
I got lost here for about three days, now I want a vintage trailer.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=368140
__________________
"Alles hat ein Ende--nur die Wurst, sie hat zwei"
Monroe.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #1622
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,155
Very nice!! We're looking at the 16DB CampLite... did you find it towed okay without a weight distributing hitch??
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #1623
pilo
Rhymes with below
 
pilo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 871
Queen - I think the WDH is more tow vehicle dependent. The 1 ton van doesn't even notice the tongue weight. My wifes medium SUV may need a WDH

Lyle - 3250 empty
pilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1624
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
Queen - I think the WDH is more tow vehicle dependent. The 1 ton van doesn't even notice the tongue weight. My wifes medium SUV may need a WDH

Lyle - 3250 empty
Thanks, good info. We just bought a Nissan Frontier 4X4, I'll be interested to see how it tows.
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #1625
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 39,909
Just pruned this thread, the bigger stuff to a "Full Size" RV thread. I know there isn't always a clear line between what is little and light and what if full size, but I think many would like to keep the Little/Light focus of this thread.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #1626
oj may
Have bike, will travel.
 
oj may's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Ann Arbor
Oddometer: 2,541
Thank you.
__________________
(lll>0<lll)
oj may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #1627
theWolfTamer
Lupie on a Mission
 
theWolfTamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Firmly planted in the Georgia red clay
Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Just pruned this thread, the bigger stuff to a "Full Size" RV thread. I know there isn't always a clear line between what is little and light and what if full size, but I think many would like to keep the Little/Light focus of this thread.
Thanks. I'd all but checked out of this thread.
__________________
Training to slay theWolf

Check out theWolfTamer Chronicles, my blog about my motorcycle life
theWolfTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #1628
hppyfngy
not dead yet
 
hppyfngy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the Skyline meets the BRP
Oddometer: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen View Post
Thanks, good info. We just bought a Nissan Frontier 4X4, I'll be interested to see how it tows.
Queen, what's the tongue weight of your trailer? I towed my near 3k# camper with my 2wd Frontier with no problems at all with about a 400# tongue weight. No WDH.

Much heavier and you loose traction in the front wheels which compromises your handling, especially steering on wet surfaces, and your 4wd capabilities are lessened too.

You can tow without a WDH, but it's less safe. I've never had one but I'm pretty damned conservative when towing. .
__________________
Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

'13 KLR 650 For Sale!
hppyfngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #1629
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
Queen, what's the tongue weight of your trailer? I towed my near 3k# camper with my 2wd Frontier with no problems at all with about a 400# tongue weight. No WDH.

Much heavier and you loose traction in the front wheels which compromises your handling, especially steering on wet surfaces, and your 4wd capabilities are lessened too.

You can tow without a WDH, but it's less safe. I've never had one but I'm pretty damned conservative when towing. .
The site says 230# hitch weight. Guess I can try it without at first and if it wiggles around too much, go to a WDH.
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #1630
hppyfngy
not dead yet
 
hppyfngy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the Skyline meets the BRP
Oddometer: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen View Post
The site says 230# hitch weight. Guess I can try it without at first and if it wiggles around too much, go to a WDH.
230# is nothing. I mean that's just a mother-in-law.

Give it a go first. It may be considerably heavier depending on how you load it up, but you'll be able to see. If your headlights are not pointing at the road any more, you might need a WDH.
__________________
Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

'13 KLR 650 For Sale!
hppyfngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #1631
perterra
-. --- .--. .
 
perterra's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 7,400
I towed 4,000 pretty easily without a WDH in our Xterra and in the Frontier I had before it. just drive pretty careful and make sure you have trailer brakes. Only thing I didnt like was my gas mileage fell to about 9 mpg in a strong headwind and up hills, about 11 mpg on the interstate. Mine were the 160 horse V6's
__________________
My Father was my maker. Poverty was my maker. Distrust was my maker. I have met them all my life.


IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #1632
sumo
Adventurer
 
sumo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 11
Howdy all. I just signed up today. Here is a tiny toy hauler that i am working on. I still have a long way to go. Box on fornt is removeable and is the galley. The top pops up
Quote:
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1633
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Howdy all. I just signed up today. Here is a tiny toy hauler that i am working on. I still have a long way to go. Box on fornt is removeable and is the galley. The top pops up

Nice!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #1634
Patrick46
visionary
 
Patrick46's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Oregon Coastline
Oddometer: 2,770
that's a cool little project Sumo!

moar pics!!
__________________
"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #1635
sumo
Adventurer
 
sumo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 11
Here were a few early stabs at the pop top. The final top will be different








sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014