Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 181 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #121
TeneRay
2>4

Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
What's an MWR?
morale, welfare, and recreation. an organization which follows the military to support the troops with anything and everything
TeneRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #122
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger
Just sayin... keep an eye on your MWR - they regularly auction off campers, boats etc.
Good call. They're awesome to us here. Something about being in the Pac NW or something as they have a couple of pretty awesome ones around here that has an absurd amount of outdoor stuff with minimal rental fees
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #123
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
What's an MWR?
Yo Leo!
whut rbmgf7 sed... also known as "Money, Wealth & Riches" essentially a recreational rental joint... everything from horses to sea-doos - used to rent a rowboat and a camper (little scamp) on the weekends from them back in the day. They auction off assets once they've reached their life expectancy (still good chit though) and buy newer to continue the mission.

If you're interested, you could also check out DRMO auctions... linky same idea, different organization...
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #124
c.herman126
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex
Good call. They're awesome to us here. Something about being in the Pac NW or something as they have a couple of pretty awesome ones around here that has an absurd amount of outdoor stuff with minimal rental fees
It's great to hear about MWR. Sounds like a great program; one that's well deserved.

1993 XR650L
2008 530 EXC-R
c.herman126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #125
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,042
I never thought I'd like a pop-up (the snobbery is humerous only in that I can't afford any kind of camper - but ), but I find myself very attacted to the Coleman Evolution (E3). http://www.colemantrailers.com/e3
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #126
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger
Yo Leo!
whut rbmgf7 sed... also known as "Money, Wealth & Riches" essentially a recreational rental joint... everything from horses to sea-doos - used to rent a rowboat and a camper (little scamp) on the weekends from them back in the day. They auction off assets once they've reached their life expectancy (still good chit though) and buy newer to continue the mission.

If you're interested, you could also check out DRMO auctions... linky same idea, different organization...

Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #127
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda
I never thought I'd like a pop-up (the snobbery is humerous only in that I can't afford any kind of camper - but ), but I find myself very attacted to the Coleman Evolution (E3). http://www.colemantrailers.com/e3

Nice idea in theory. Not sure I would want to put a 500# motorcycle or ATV on the tongue of the trailer though...
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #128
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_There
Nice idea in theory. Not sure I would want to put a 500# motorcycle or ATV on the tongue of the trailer though...
Not on the tongue, but on the main bed of the trailer. Seems to be balanced out for this.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #129
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,286
Quote:
Not on the tongue, but on the main bed of the trailer. Seems to be balanced out for this.

The main problem I see with those is one more step to set up. Every time you want to set up, you have to clear the load deck. Would be a real headache on a multi-stop trip.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #130
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
The main problem I see with those is one more step to set up. Every time you want to set up, you have to clear the load deck. Would be a real headache on a multi-stop trip.
At an RV show a year ago we saw a few small, hard sided, camper trailers (like 16' regular campers with aluminum sides) that had a load deck out front. I've been trying to find one online to post in this thread but couldn't find it. Seemed like the best of both worlds, but I don't have any idea what the weight would be on something like that.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #131
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
Only if you needed to use both of the fold out "bedrooms." If you were only sleeping in one of the "bedrooms" you could leave the other folded in and not have that problem - but you'd still have to set up the camper. I just really like the roominess and functionality of the rig for its weight and size. "Tip out" for the dining area/table, toilet and shower, two "bedrooms" and the ability to haul two bikes or an atv. Seems very well thought out to me.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #132
Hannda

Jurgen:
OK, I found one of what I was talking about. This one is on CL - I'm not selling it, and don't know who is, but here you can see what they look like and what they're selling for.

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/rvs/1604609527.html

This is probably more than your little truck is able to pull, but it's a very cool solution to a common problem.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #133
turnenem
Is it Friday yet?

Oddometer: 922
That is perfect!

I gotta get me one of those. I have been searching for the perfect little camper and that or something close to it fit the bill!
Thanks!
turnenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #134
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnenem
I gotta get me one of those. I have been searching for the perfect little camper and that or something close to it fit the bill!
Thanks!

I am not sure a 30ft trailer is still a little/light camper...

Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #135
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,749
Quote:
Only if you needed to use both of the fold out "bedrooms." If you were only sleeping in one of the "bedrooms" you could leave the other folded in and not have that problem - but you'd still have to set up the camper. I just really like the roominess and functionality of the rig for its weight and size. "Tip out" for the dining area/table, toilet and shower, two "bedrooms" and the ability to haul two bikes or an atv. Seems very well thought out to me.
Don't the 'bedrooms' slide out ? If they do, then you would need to slide both out I would think to use the camper
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: