Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #316
RLK

Oddometer: 6,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird
Good point. It changes quickly.
During WF last year, three of us went over Tincup and Cumberland in great weather, and before we could hit Tomichi and Hancock on the way back - big weather rolled in and lightning kept us off the mountain.
Where do you run too baby? No where to hide. The tunnel? St. Elmo? People need to think about how far they might have to run or what to do if you decide not to run.

-Juanito on the Yahoo!
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #317
Demoride
n00b

Oddometer: 1
nice work

Wonderful work, Geek. Hope to see you up there soon.
Demoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #318
dougrender
Bike Polo is not a Crime

Oddometer: 1,104
This is cool. But all of Ed's pics are of Alberta. He's Canadian, eh.

Two weeks in Thailand and Vietnam and all you get are these blurry pictures and rambling text.
dougrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #319
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,901
Engineers 6-4

Cinnamon 6-7

Old Monarch Pass 6-4
Old 06-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #320
Davestr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Thank you. Sorry THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow this is so awesome. CO should pay you because we will come ride there.

Again. This is AWESOME.
Davestr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #321
Davestr
Gnarly Adventurer

Any more sugestions on 2 up rides wirth the 990.

Lets say around 4th July? PS the misses does not like walking so technical stuff has to be short LOL>

Any input will be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

this tread got lost have to keep it going. Stir the pot.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #322
Crna63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #323
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davestr
... the misses does not like walking so technical stuff has to be short LOL>
Leave er @ home
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #324
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Colorado-Utah Ride Report

I just got home last night from the most awesome riding experience of my life. I journeyed through Colorado and Utah, then back again for 2 weeks. 3 Natienal Parks, hundreds of miles of Dirt Roads, La Sal Loop with a sweet portion of the Kopekelli Trail, White Rim Loop, and Engineers Pass are just a few highlights.

I can't wait till I can retire in Colorado. Best riding I've ever seen.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589291

RamblinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #325
Davestr
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome read your report.

Thanks it is compiling all the info.

Do you have GPS to share?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #326
RideFast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I was just thinking the same thing...is there anyone with GPS trax of some passes out there that wouldn't mind posting?

// RideFast
Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #327
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Thanks for the info!

I'm going to use it to plan my Colorado trip coming up shortly. I am shooting for the end of August trying to do as many peaks as possible with my vacation schedule. My trip should be a good test of the information I have gathered from this thread (and some others).

I will let you guys know when I get my tracks back from my trip! (I am fanatical about maps).
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #328
fooswolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Colorado Google Earth Trail KML

I noticed that some people have been requesting GPX/KML files for some of the places shown in this thread, and thought I would post a compilation of Colorado Trail data that I have acquired and reorganized. This data is primarily a compilation from two data sources available online. The first is www.Traildamage.comwhich is primarily for 4 wheel drive vehicles. The second is from IntrepidXJ’s Adventure Weblog: http://www.myxj.net/blog/trails. Other sources used to create Google Earth Tracks are visual inspection of Google Earth, a book titled “Colorado Trails – Central Region”, and various National Forrest Service online data. The most complete data is compiled into a Google Earth KMZ file that includes 355 fire roads and trails in 36 of Colorado’s Counties. The data obtained from the website Trail Damage is also available in GPX format. To convert the other KML files not already in GPX format, just download and use GPS Babel to convert from KML to GPX format.

The Google Earth KMZ file includes 3 subfolders “Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads”, “Scenic Paved Roads”, and Colorado Counties”. The Trails in the “Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads” are segregated into the 36 Colorado counties. There are occasional overlaps with some of the roads and trails, but not too many. Unfortunately the “Scenic Paved Roads” is currently a little light, as it only contains the following 3 roads: “Peak to Peak Scenic Drive”, “Independence Pass Road”, and “Highway 285”. It may not be possible to convert the last three to GPX files as they were obtained from ESRI SHP files and probably contain too many points. The KML of the Colorado Counties was useful in compiling and segregating this information and may be useful to you.

The Excel Spreadsheet titled “Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls” contains all of the roads and trails in the Google Earth KML file categorized alphabetically by Colorado County and alphabetically by Trail. It includes the rating system from the web site Trail Damage and up to eight nearby trails for each trail. This file could be easily modified by those Colorado ADVRIDER’S who are both experienced and interested in providing an actual difficulty rating as well recommended motorcycle size.

Lastly I have not ridden over most of the roads contained in this compiled data and as such cannot personally attest to the accuracy of the information. However, I would not have included the information if I did not have a degree of trust from the various information sources.

“Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads.kmz”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2moyjyjalnm/Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads.kmz

“Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2mwmmykydi/Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls

“Trail Damage GPX.zip”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mvjjwvhqcjh/Trail Damage GPX.zip

Dan
fooswolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #329
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooswolf
I noticed that some people have been requesting GPX/KML files for some of the places shown in this thread, and thought I would post a compilation of Colorado Trail data that I have acquired and reorganized. This data is primarily a compilation from two data sources available online. The first is www.Traildamage.comwhich is primarily for 4 wheel drive vehicles. The second is from IntrepidXJ’s Adventure Weblog: http://www.myxj.net/blog/trails. Other sources used to create Google Earth Tracks are visual inspection of Google Earth, a book titled “Colorado Trails – Central Region”, and various National Forrest Service online data. The most complete data is compiled into a Google Earth KMZ file that includes 355 fire roads and trails in 36 of Colorado’s Counties. The data obtained from the website Trail Damage is also available in GPX format. To convert the other KML files not already in GPX format, just download and use GPS Babel to convert from KML to GPX format.

The Google Earth KMZ file includes 3 subfolders “Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads”, “Scenic Paved Roads”, and Colorado Counties”. The Trails in the “Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads” are segregated into the 36 Colorado counties. There are occasional overlaps with some of the roads and trails, but not too many. Unfortunately the “Scenic Paved Roads” is currently a little light, as it only contains the following 3 roads: “Peak to Peak Scenic Drive”, “Independence Pass Road”, and “Highway 285”. It may not be possible to convert the last three to GPX files as they were obtained from ESRI SHP files and probably contain too many points. The KML of the Colorado Counties was useful in compiling and segregating this information and may be useful to you.

The Excel Spreadsheet titled “Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls” contains all of the roads and trails in the Google Earth KML file categorized alphabetically by Colorado County and alphabetically by Trail. It includes the rating system from the web site Trail Damage and up to eight nearby trails for each trail. This file could be easily modified by those Colorado ADVRIDER’S who are both experienced and interested in providing an actual difficulty rating as well recommended motorcycle size.

Lastly I have not ridden over most of the roads contained in this compiled data and as such cannot personally attest to the accuracy of the information. However, I would not have included the information if I did not have a degree of trust from the various information sources.

“Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads.kmz”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2moyjyjalnm/Colorado Motorcycle & 4WD Roads.kmz

“Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2mwmmykydi/Colorado Motorcycle Trails.xls

“Trail Damage GPX.zip”
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mvjjwvhqcjh/Trail Damage GPX.zip

Dan
Awesome!!!!
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #330
RideFast
Gnarly Adventurer