ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
Easter Supported Goldfields Trip

As discussed at the beerfest today, this trip will be a supported trip out Kalgoorlie way

Rough plan when I left today was.....

Friday...meet at Merredin at 10-10.30
Travel to Southern cross then track north east to Koolyanibbing, up to Aurora ranges for the night

Saturday
Head up to Lake Ballard for the evening, doing lots of exploring along the way, find a nice campsite

Sunday
Re- fuel in Menzies if you need to, then down the dirt through Davyhurst rd, Ora Banda, Coolgardie and out to Juardi Stn for the night

Monday
Head back to Perth by whatever floats your boat

The idea of this trip is to allow your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other and your kids to come along and see what we get up to when away with the boys. It is not an OCBR or 5B's type piss up. As you can see the biggest days are getting out there and getting back. You never know , you may pick up enough brownie points to get a leave pass for the Desert Raid. The plan is to be off the road by 4.30 each night to set up a good campsite.

Neil will be providing the night time entertainment, perhaps he could regale us with more Harley Davidson/Jap bike stories ( you had to be there )


As always this is a rough plan and subject to change depending on travelling time, weather, mechanical and dynamic issues. Whilst it is a supported ride it doesn't mean that you can offload all your gear into the vehicles, I don't mind carrying a bit of fuel, your drinks and maybe your fresh meat but I won't carry your saddle bags , tent and sleeping gear whilst you blast along on a fast trail ride showering me with rocks and carrying your credit card and toothbrush.

If you are interested please put your name down and type of machine you're travelling on/in and numbers.

Bully...4x4/camper ...2 adults.
Loose Bruce...unsure....2 adults.
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
PeteDCFC4EVA
Adventurer
 
PeteDCFC4EVA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Collie
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
As discussed at the beerfest today, this trip will be a supported trip out Kalgoorlie way

Rough plan when I left today was.....

Friday...meet at Merredin at 10-10.30
Travel to Southern cross then track north east to Koolyanibbing, up to Aurora ranges for the night

Saturday
Head up to Lake Ballard for the evening, doing lots of exploring along the way, find a nice campsite

Sunday
Re- fuel in Menzies if you need to, then down the dirt through Davyhurst rd, Ora Banda, Coolgardie and out to Juardi Stn for the night

Monday
Head back to Perth by whatever floats your boat

The idea of this trip is to allow your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other and your kids to come along and see what we get up to when away with the boys. It is not an OCBR or 5B's type piss up. As you can see the biggest days are getting out there and getting back. You never know , you may pick up enough brownie points to get a leave pass for the Desert Raid. The plan is to be off the road by 4.30 each night to set up a good campsite.

Neil will be providing the night time entertainment, perhaps he could regale us with more Harley Davidson/Jap bike stories ( you had to be there )


As always this is a rough plan and subject to change depending on travelling time, weather, mechanical and dynamic issues. Whilst it is a supported ride it doesn't mean that you can offload all your gear into the vehicles, I don't mind carrying a bit of fuel, your drinks and maybe your fresh meat but I won't carry your saddle bags , tent and sleeping gear whilst you blast along on a fast trail ride showering me with rocks and carrying your credit card and toothbrush.

If you are interested please put your name down and type of machine you're travelling on/in and numbers.

Bully...4x4/camper ...2 adults.
Loose Bruce...unsure....2 adults.
Pete...4x4/camper....2 adults girls -1 teen (14) 1 junior (10)
__________________
Triumph Tiger 1050
Dance like no-ones watching
PeteDCFC4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:49 AM   #3
Tenerrod
Backyard Hack
 
Tenerrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Perth SOR
Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post

If you are interested please put your name down and type of machine you're travelling on/in and numbers.

Bully...4x4/camper ...2 adults.
Loose Bruce...unsure....2 adults.
Pete...4x4/camper....2 adults girls -1 teen (14) 1 junior (10)
Tenerod Tenere - maybe. 5lt of fuel plus 16 cartons of piss.
Hope I can make it, if only to see another rendition of Neil's HD vs Jap. I'm still laughing thinking about it.
__________________
XT660Z Tenere - Ol' Smokey
CARRIER OF THE PUDDING Perth - Melbourne Dec 2014 - 3 Days
QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB MEMBER Dec 2014
Tenerrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 AM   #4
ROWDY1
disturbin the dirt
 
ROWDY1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Perth, West Aust.
Oddometer: 87
easter w/end

Rowdy---- 1 juvenile/ 1 adult 4x4
stephen 66 2 adults 4x4
ROWDY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:53 AM   #5
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous
 
neilaction's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, WA.
Oddometer: 7,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerrod View Post
Hope I can make it, if only to see another rendition of Neil's HD vs Jap. I'm still laughing thinking about it.
A few beers Rod, and I'm all over it.

Now, back to the topic at hand!
I'm trying to somehow work away that gets the "leader of the opposition" on side, and I still get to ride.
Hardcore is looking for a soft option as usual.
Maybe he can drive

Do I take the "gear"?
__________________
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its probably electrical.
2009 Honda CBF1000, 1980 Suzuki GS1000ST (Aus spec), Dr6fiddy,
neilaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:16 AM   #6
Tenerrod
Backyard Hack
 
Tenerrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Perth SOR
Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilaction View Post
I'm trying to somehow work away that gets the "leader of the opposition" on side, and I still get to ride.
Where's that book Waitesy?
I'll have five on Neil driving the entire four days!
__________________
XT660Z Tenere - Ol' Smokey
CARRIER OF THE PUDDING Perth - Melbourne Dec 2014 - 3 Days
QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB MEMBER Dec 2014
Tenerrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:16 AM   #7
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilaction View Post

Do I take the "gear"?



be a shame not to, take the condensed version, you can leave the disco lights home though
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:17 AM   #8
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerrod View Post
Where's that book Waitesy?
I'll have five on Neil driving the entire four days!

I'll put a tenner on it, if we all lose we can donate it to the RFDS
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
fatgut
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 636
Great view from the Top of the ranges

fatgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:32 AM   #10
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous
 
neilaction's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, WA.
Oddometer: 7,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
I'll put a tenner on it, if we all lose we can donate it to the RFDS
Your money is pretty safe Bully.
I'm too scared to even suggest it.
__________________
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its probably electrical.
2009 Honda CBF1000, 1980 Suzuki GS1000ST (Aus spec), Dr6fiddy,
neilaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #11
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilaction View Post
Your money is pretty safe Bully.
I'm too scared to even suggest it.
Was that the pints talking Sunday.........."yes I have a plan " was your words.
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:15 AM   #12
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous
 
neilaction's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, WA.
Oddometer: 7,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
Was that the pints talking Sunday.........."yes I have a plan " was your words.
For sure it was Bully.

But I stand by my HD comments.
__________________
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its probably electrical.
2009 Honda CBF1000, 1980 Suzuki GS1000ST (Aus spec), Dr6fiddy,
neilaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #13
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
something like this wasn't it

__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:18 AM   #14
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 4,458
Just a bump.

I think Howard has a vehicle sorted, Guzzimikes in so numbers are getting good.
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........lot's of grin factor
'11 Husky TE 630.......tyre shredder
'06 HUSKY TE610 x 2............ for the boys
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #15
KTM Pilot
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KTM Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 439
Hi Bully - what sort of roads are you planning on travelling?
My camper trailer can handle dirt roads ok, but would struggle with technical rough/stuff.

Konrad



Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
Just a bump.

I think Howard has a vehicle sorted, Guzzimikes in so numbers are getting good.
__________________
Smugmug $5 discount coupon # 2ucrtCWwf7D7A
KTM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015