Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #106
Gypsy
YamaHo

Oddometer: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffaugie
The question is, How many more coranaries will be seen in Boston hospitals over all this?
Or how many husbands' lives in NC will be on the line if he doesn't take a big glass of and keep his comments to himself.

fuck cancer. ride bikes.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #107
Commie
Kurwa Peligrosa

Oddometer: 2,955
He's the Yankee's man-geyna?
Old 10-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #108
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGypsy
Both Damon and Jeter must've felt the pressure. What a GREAT game!!!...except that I'm exhausted and have to do it all over again tonight!

GO SOX!
This series happens to fall right during that part of the semester that undergrads love oh so much - midterms!! After the last two nights, you should see some of the zombies dragging their asses around campus. I love it!

And don't worry, going back to NYC is no problem - I drove by yankee stadium on saturday morning and gave it a hearty salute to jinx it.

GO SOX!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 11:22 AM   #109
Chacifer
sui generis

Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc riverz
He did steal the base. The Ump blew the call. Go Bosox! New York blows chunks!
I know he did, but it was only by luck, and then I think the ump was shocked and apalled at the decision to have Ortiz try and steal a base that he punished the Sox by calling him out. Which brings me to another point: Why, if the technology is available, does baseball not use television play review? Same for tennis. It's so dumb. I realize it would make the game last longer, but then, at least, it'd make the game more fair. But then again, fairness is for pansies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #110
Chacifer
sui generis

Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIt
And don't worry, going back to NYC is no problem - I drove by yankee stadium on saturday morning and gave it a hearty salute to jinx it.

GO SOX!!!

I flipped off the Yankee tour bus when it drove past my apartment in Boston the other day. As a result, we got a rain delay, which seemed like a good thing at the time because it gave our pitchers more rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #111
IcyDeath
Óglaigh na hÉireann

Oddometer: 20,852
You know... the Yankees are soooo cruel.

Kinda like an ex-girfriend you still pine for. They cream the BoSucks 3 games straight making them all (including Dennis Leary) believe that they are done for yet another year. Then, out of sheer malice and discontent, they let them breathe a bit of life... only to crush them once again.

Oh... cruel fate!!

But The Babe wants his curse to carried out in his house.

Anyone but the Bosucks...
IcyDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #112
AJ2
Master of the Universe

Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaFitz
I stayed up watching until the very end. My observations:
  • If you couldn't generate some respect for the sox last night, you just don't like baseball.
I've gotta disagree. I think the Sox are a great team that is looking like a mediocre team winning with scrappiness and heart.
So, yeah, I respect the never-say-die attitude, but they are a better team than they've seemed during this series.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #113
NJ_Bob
Occasional Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,501
Quote:
By "mistakes," do you mean the 43 home runs he hit in the regular season? I'll take those kind of mistakes.
No, I mean the base-running mistake he made in an earlier game, and his fielding mistake he made last night.

For someone who does not follow baseball until October, he appears to be more of a liability than an asset.

P.S. I hate the Yankees and want the Red Sox to win.
Bob Naumann - W5OV - Sachse, TX - K1300GT - IBA #19100
NJ_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #114
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2
I've gotta disagree. I think the Sox are a great team that is looking like a mediocre team winning with scrappiness and heart.
So, yeah, I respect the never-say-die attitude, but they are a better team than they've seemed during this series.
This actually rings some truth to it... the Sox just can't seem to play against the Yankees. If you don't count the numbers against the Yanks, they are the best team in the league (or something like that). Maybe there is something to this damn curse???
Old 10-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #115
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Bob
No, I mean the base-running mistake he made in an earlier game, and his fielding mistake he made last night.

For someone who does not follow baseball until October, he appears to be more of a liability than an asset.

P.S. I hate the Yankees and want the Red Sox to win.
I'm a Pirate fan first & an Indian fan second. He did the same thing as an Indian. Tremendous hitter, a thrill in the field , and damn near a liability on the base path, but good god can he hit

No, he is not more of a liability than an asset

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #116
VespaFitz
No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer: 41,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Bob
He has to be the worst baserunner in baseball, and he's not that great a fielder. But he was the AL home run leader last year and drove in 130 runs. I'll take a few fielding mistakes.

AKA "Ham Steak" - Bumfucked Hillbillies MC
VespaFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #117
LabRat
Playpen Attendant

Oddometer: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffaugie
The question is, How many more coranaries will be seen in Boston hospitals over all this?

I think I had two or three last night

"Oh and LabRat's dead to me. " -- IcyDeath
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #118
VespaFitz
No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer: 41,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2
That's what they are. They weren't winning all season on exemplary baserunning and outstanding fielding, I can tell you that much.

AKA "Ham Steak" - Bumfucked Hillbillies MC
VespaFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:50 PM   #119
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,103
Quote:
He has to be the worst baserunner in baseball, and he's not that great a fielder. But he was the AL home run leader last year and drove in 130 runs. I'll take a few fielding mistakes.

What you meant to say is "See Dragoon's response to your question, he seems to know his stuff "

Have you ever had an original thought?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #120
imploded
Corporate Whore

Oddometer: 314
Puke

Quote:
I stayed up watching until the very end. My observations:
  • Tim Wakefield is the Yankees daddy.
  • Why the fuck didn't Terry Francona pull Veritek when Doug Mirabelli's the only guy on the team that can catch Wakefield?
Wake was off the hook. Gassed and running on fumes, he didn't have much left. But he found it all and dropped it into his knuckler. Watching the Sheff / Matsui innning (top 14) was just amazing. Amazing. I love you Tim Wakefield.

Francona, arguably, could not afford the defensive liabilty that is presented with Mirabelli: he really just cannot throw runners out well. It doesn't help matters that he is catching behind Wakefield, but when you get right down to it, the Yankees had made some attempts at small ball during the night and you don't want to let them manufacture a run because you can't make a put-out at second. Tek was tired and made some pretty serious (and near deadly) mistakes. Tek provides some home plate possibilities, defensively (ignoring the passed balls ), that are vital to the game. It's a judgement call and Francona did allright.

Schilling, Game 6, The Toilet. It's on.

Cheers,

-Andrew

"Remember kids, last person dead is a sissy"
imploded is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: