Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #46
glynb
Relentless Underachiever

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrider
-1. I've been driving Honda cars for 25 years. Will continue for another 25 years. Bought a Honda mower. When it broke under warranty I borrowed my neighbor's 5 year-old Toro while the Honda was being fixed. When the Honda came back I sold it as fast as I could and bought my own new Toro. Toro was 10 times easier to mow with than Honda, did 10 times better job.
Me too. I had a Honda mower for about 3 yrs until the transmission went on it. It cost more to replace the transmission than the mower was worth (about $300.00). I have a Toro with the adjustable speed as you walk and it is great. A replacement transmission is only $50.00 if it goes south. The Honda mower was built like a tank, but too expensive to maintain in the long run.

But my honda car and motorcycle are great!

"Pour yourself some backbone, and shaddup!"
Movie- Colt .45

glynb screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 04:47 PM
glynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #47
Solaros1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
My CRV is my first ever Japanese car - although I have owned numerous Honda motorcycles and a Yamaha or two. My four wheeled transportation tastes run from Land Rovers to a wide variety of European cars - some of which are reasonable obscure. A few years ago the wife insisted that we have at least one "normal" car - basically what I would categorize as a transportation appliance. I did want something that was a little interesting and if I was going to go for a Japanese car it was going to be a Honda because they are an engineering driven company that has earned my respect with its long history of racing. I like station wagons so I so I started looking at CRV's with the AWD package.

It may be a transportation appliance but its a pretty good one - 25 mpg on regular gas and pretty well equipped. It has just over 100K on it and should serve as reliable transportation for many years without screwing with me. That will leave me extra time to work on my other toys that delight in screwing with me....

Solaros1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #48
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,756
does anybody know if the next gen. NSX has been permanently killed, or just put on life support?
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #49
TripEEEmily
o.O

Oddometer: 127
I love my Suzuki DL650, but I still sometimes really really miss my Silverwing. We had some good times.

TripEEEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #50
TinyBear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Not too many hondas i have any intrest in And none of the ones i do care for are cars.

Honda makes some NICE atvs and if i was in the market for an ATV a Honda 420fm would top my list. But other than that their are a few bikes i kinda like (the Verado and the xr650l).

But the rest of the stuff i just find boring.

AS for reliblity. I never had any issues with an but one of my cars reliability wise. Hell my current ford i got new two years ago and its gotten nothing but oil and filters and a set of wiper blades lol. The one before that had 280,000kms on it and it only had oil filters a few u-joints (beating it off roading) a steering box and a IAC (idel air control motor) And none of those theings EVER left me stranded.

The only vehical i have owned that was unreliable was entirly my fault LOL. IT was a 1994 F250 Diesel truck that i built up to race against my budies hoped up 03 Dodge Diesel that was chiped. And the only thing it kept breaking was trans parts (i SHATTERED a tourque converter LOL).
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #51
rambis
Ramblin' on

Oddometer: 3,876
One of my babies......

My uthen'.....

rambis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
I've had a few Hondas and enjoyed them all:

1978 Honda Hawk 400 was my first street bike. Damn good motorcycle, a true UJM, used it for everyday transportation, commuting to college, even went trail riding on it two-up. Would hit 115 indicated. Used to powershift it at 11,000 rpm from 4th to 5th two up. Oh, those crazy college days. Bulletproof.

1978 Honda Civic was my first new car. Paid $3200 OTD, it got 38 - 40 mpg on regular leaded, fun to drive, like a go cart. Would hit 100 mph indicated and did often. Drove the piss out of that little Honda and sold it 4 years later for $3500. Other than a starter solenoid, never needed a repair.

1987 Accord EX - best car I have ever owned. Not one repair in 140,000 miles of driving. Got 30 mpg and was fun to drive, very responsive. No rattles, no squeaks, perfect car.

1989 Transalp - fantastic motorcycle, if I had not had foot surgery I would have kept it forever. Over-engineered in a good way.

1995 Accord EX - still going strong after 15 years, the last 5 with a teenage driver. Excellent car and still fun to drive.

2001 XR100 - my son's trail bike. Absolutely indestructible.

2004 Shadow - replaced Transalp, needed a low seat height after foot surgery. Runs perfect, very solid bike, bulletproof.

2004 CRF70 - other son's trail bike. Totally bulletproof and will pull my 210 pounds easily.

I'd buy another Honda in a second. I recommend Hondas all the time as it is a no-brainer purchase. They are that good.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #53
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,693
90 Accord EX 4cyl 5spd
01 Accord EX 4cyl 5spd

The 90 was better. Their new shit is too heavy.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #54
DelicateLittleFlower
WooooHooooo!!!!!

Oddometer: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike
I would have hated to have disappointed you.

This could also go in the CRX thread.

DelicateLittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #55
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,539
Lessee.....

Cars: 1980 Civic (new) 80k miles when sold, got more for it than I paid
84 Civic S, (new) ran it for a year with 26 k miles, no problems
85 Prelude (leased to business) 80 k miles, as new when returned
88 CRX SI, 30 k miles, sold in a fit of stupidity
86 Civic Wagon, 4wd, the one with the switchable 4 wd, built by Daimler (the transaxle), IIRC
90 Civic Hatch, wife's, bought new, sold for....
90 Civic Wagon. Loved this one, 90 or so k miles, never an issue,
wife had two CRVs, one 97, current one is 02. Tranny took a dump on first one, long story.
I also had another 88 CRX SI, and currently 02 Civic SI.

Bikes: 1990 VTR250 36 k miles by me, flawless
another 1990 VTR250, bought used and beat, never as good as the first.
Ummmm, several CT70's, restored, rebuilt, sold.
Hawk GT650, sold after I had new bike lust.
(insert other bikes here)

and currently, another Hawk GT650, because it was the one bike I really missed.

I might have missed a Honda or two. (edit: I also remember an 87 CRX SI)

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here

cogitate screwed with this post 03-20-2010 at 09:27 AM
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 AM   #56
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,847
Currently in the yard (including the kids)

08 Accord V-6 EXL
07 Ridgeline RTX
05 Accord V-6 EXL
03 Pilot EXL

Hondas I have owned in the past:

Pilot, CRV, Civc EX 4 door, Civic EX coupe, Accord Wagon.

Yeah, I guess I like them a lot.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #57
Cowboy
Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer: 3,230
I've had two civics through the years, and 82, now a 2004. Current one has 190,000 miles, and my total repair costs have been . . . $13.00. No kidding. The only thing that has broken in six years and 190k miles was the handle that pops the hood. The car gets 41 mpg on the highway, and drives over "the summit" (the highest pass on Interstate 80) twice a day, and runs right up the mountain at 75 in fifth gear. It's an amazingly reliable car, and I love it, even if it is a completely sexless appliance.

I've had lots of Honda bikes, and they've largely been as reliable as the cars.

Being a guy who doesn't mind completely sexless appliances, I'm seriously considering the new (to the US) Deauville.

Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #58
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
I've had two civics through the years, and 82, now a 2004. Current one has 190,000 miles, and my total repair costs have been . . . $13.00. No kidding. The only thing that has broken in six years and 190k miles was the handle that pops the hood. The car gets 41 mpg on the highway, and drives over "the summit" (the highest pass on Interstate 80) twice a day, and runs right up the mountain at 75 in fifth gear. It's an amazingly reliable car, and I love it, even if it is a completely sexless appliance.
Rear discs, 50-series UHP tires, adjustable anti-swaybars with poly bushings, and a few PSI of boost could add considerable sex to an LX or EX. A DX with crank windows is gonna need a bit more love.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #59
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,330
Talking PC800 Urinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket
Honda's first bike styled after a Bathroom Fixture

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #60
Daggy
Wondering ...