User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
linuxology OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Looking for Another Helmet up to $300

Presently have a HJC CS-R2 and looking to upgrade. Bell RS-1 did not work out, think i must have more of a neutral head. This will be for an upright ride. Due to selection locally I will be buying online. I am quite weary of integrated sunscreens as I am skeptical of the lasting nature of the movement, and scared that it may not be dark enough. I have never had issues sliding my sunglasses in my full face helmet. I am looking at HJC FG-17, HJC RPHA. Not sure which of those I should pick. Seems all the other helmets that interest me have integrated sunscreens, AVG Horizon, HJC IS-17. Thoughts/Recommendations. My budget is up to $300. Helmet must be available in white
linuxology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #2
KungPaoDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
I had two HJC helmets that fit me well, now I have a Nolan flip face with an integrated sun shield that also fits well that I really like. I got it for around $300, I think, because it was last year's model. It's held up well, and internal sun shields are about the best thing to ever happen to helmets. Revzilla is really good about returns as long as you aren't a knob. They were even nice about it when my wife didn't follow the return instructions (in original packaging means in the box they shipped it to us in, dear).
Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Squidsix
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Scorpion Exo R2000 can be had on Amazon for under $300. It's an excellent helmet. I have a white one, and with the quikfit cheek pads, glasses fit very comfortably. It also has inflatable pads for a more perfect fit, which I found really nice when riding in the cold.
Squidsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
KungPaoDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidsix View Post
Scorpion Exo R2000 can be had on Amazon for under $300. It's an excellent helmet. I have a white one, and with the quikfit cheek pads, glasses fit very comfortably. It also has inflatable pads for a more perfect fit, which I found really nice when riding in the cold.
I really liked the Scorpion helmets I tried on, but the head shape was not quite right for me, which is too bad because I really wanted them to fit. They seem like a great value. Relevant because, like the OP, HJC helmets fit me well. But your head may vary.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #5
mdens
quietly plotting

Oddometer: 7
For what it's worth the IS-17 has a 5 star rating from sharps. It is not Snell rated due to the internal shade but small price. It rates better than the CL-17 which is Snell rated. I just bought a high viz one the other day for under 200.
mdens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
linuxology OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Going to try out the AGV brand out.
linuxology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Tobz
Ne'er-du-well

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxology View Post
Going to try out the AGV brand out.
Which model? I've been looking at them as well.
Tobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:05 AM   #8
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
I got a Kabuto kamui a couple of months ago and really like it. It does have an integrated sun visor which is not a feature i was interested or wanted but have found that i really like it. The reason I choose it is because i wear glasses and our has channels that make putting glasses on very easy and does not stress the frames. the sun visor could stand to be a shade or two darker but out does come down to almost touch my cheeks and it is easy to use. Ventilation is good and out comes with a chin end block insert a well a pin shield. Overall fit and feel is closer to a helmet in the +$350 and i paid $240. My guess is that once the brand becomes well known the prices will go up $100. In the past I've preferred white helmets because they are more visable i bought this one in hi viz yellow and it is really bright, in a cool way.
redprimo is online now   Reply With Quote