Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #136
neilking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
On the TLR200 the size of the wheel spindles is a problem, as these tend to bend if the bikes are used seriously, and on a bike I have fitted with modern forks, as well as bending the stock 12mm spindle the rider has managed to collapse the front wheel.
Well you said this. But it make no sense whatsoever. Modern forks won't work with the old axel must of been some kind of botched job.
13 Factory Beta 250
neilking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #137
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilking View Post
Holly shit Brewtus! I put old Beta pegs on mine with a lot less trouble, or were they old Monty pegs??
Didn't have any Monty pegs just one old bent Beta peg, a vice and prybar, a Snap-On cut-off wheel, a Millermatic 185 mig welder, some PJ-1 gloss black paint, a 1986 Honda TG50M Gyro, and 2 ice-cold Tecates. Job well done!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #138
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilking View Post
"cheap easy to do modifications for the TLR Honda that work very well "

This is the only thing you say! over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I guess anyone who rides an HD is not particularly interested in bikes that work properly, and probably thinks the bikes featured on TV shows such as "American Chopper" are well engineered.............lol
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #139
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,861
Hokay, back to it. Yet again.

The peg mod on OJ is a win (like it wouldn't be??). Much better control for my modern-trialer trained fat ass. The pegs could stand to be dropped another inch or so, but they will suffice at least until Lineaway starts running away in the points chase.

Sorry, no pics. It was a working day today helping Miss Bitters set her first Trials. Started out a bit cold and windy, but turned out to be really nice in the afternoon.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #140
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,575
Quote:
I guess anyone who rides an HD is not particularly interested in bikes that work properly, and probably thinks the bikes featured on TV shows such as "American Chopper" are well engineered.............lol
While I'd be the first to agree that H-D's are mostly overpriced, it's ridiculous to claim that bikes such as a modern Big Twin tourer do not "work properly." They go, stop, and handle all very well within the intended use paradigm. An ad hominem attack is really a very poor way to conduct yourself here where you have already made few friends.
ridenm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #141
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Not completely sure that attacking someone for even suggesting that its possible to carry out cheap effective alterations on the TLR Honda, is that different to indicating that HDs dont work that great?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #142
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
Quote:
Not completely sure that attacking someone for even suggesting that its possible to carry out cheap effective alterations on the TLR Honda, is that different to indicating that HDs dont work that great?

Even if someone has maybe the right position/opinion, if he/she submit his/her statement without commen sense his/her opinion will be ignored.

A HD is a HD, these bikes are made successfully in decades for cruising, their special appereance and their particular sound. The numbers of sales tells the story, between all technical spec's there is something else too it's called fame, reputation, design and live style, these values are not measure or comparable, luckily!

BTW:
The capability of the Honda Reflex are very near to some pre 65 trials bikes, so it must be funny to ride this piece.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #143
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

One of those ridiculous chopper build competition TV programs where one of the contestants built an HD frame using welded together anchor chain (which was regarded seriously!), seems to say an awful lot about HDs...................
Old 04-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #144
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Not a troll actually.............someone in the US actually built a bike using anchor chain with the links welded together! http://corpsesfromhell.blogspot.co.u...f-mystery.html

Sad thing is most of those into this type of thing, seem to feel this monstrosity was very well engineered.............I beg to differ there!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #145
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Not a troll actually.............someone in the US actually built a bike using anchor chain with the links welded together! http://corpsesfromhell.blogspot.co.u...f-mystery.html

Sad thing is most of those into this type of thing, seem to feel this monstrosity was very well engineered.............I beg to differ there!
And you genuinely believe that all HD owners are into this type of thing?

Hint: No.
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #146
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Not at all...............but personally I feel that building death traps and featuring them on TV shows, is a bad move no matter what bike the death trap is based on! I guess the only reason for the ridiculous chain link frame, was so that the bike would stand out from others on the same TV show, that had been built using parts bought mail order?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #147
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Quote:
Not at all...............but personally I feel that building death traps and featuring them on TV shows, is a bad move no matter what bike the death trap is based on! I guess the only reason for the ridiculous chain link frame, was so that the bike would stand out from others on the same TV show, that had been built using parts bought mail order?
I don't disagree with your above statement one bit.

But you suggested that because a poster listed a HD in his .sig that his input wasn't credible. When called out on that, you used the TV show abomination as supporting evidence. There's simply no connection there.

It's really too bad. You do seem to posses some valuable information but as a result of your petty trolling and lousy attitude, nobody is interested in hearing what you have to say.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #148
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I don't disagree with your above statement one bit.

But you suggested that because a poster listed a HD in his .sig that his input wasn't credible. When called out on that, you used the TV show abomination as supporting evidence. There's simply no connection there.

It's really too bad. You do seem to posses some valuable information but as a result of your petty trolling and lousy attitude, nobody is interested in hearing what you have to say.
In the US, it is called being a douche
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #149
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

As you all seem to know how to go about improving the TLR Honda without spending lots of cash, and see my posts on this as trolling, maybe pictures of the modifications carried out would be of interest?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #150
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Quote:
As you all seem to know how to go about improving the TLR Honda without spending lots of cash, and see my posts on this as trolling, maybe pictures of the modifications carried out would be of interest?
Yes, they absolutely would. Start a thread, as has been suggested before. I think it has been made abundantly clear that the OP in this thread is not interested in spending any cash on mods, but there are plenty of folks who are interested in upgrading their TLRs.

Oh, and try being a little bit open minded while you're at it. Please.