User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,390
Official ADV Kids ATGATT Riding Gear Locker

After a divorce, I found myself with the opportunity to ride with my daughter (the ex discouraged it) but not the dough to gear her up proper. So I asked the inmates for help, and got it.

That grace also brought me to the idea of a community service project: an ATGATT Locker for the ADVkids. We want those little buggers to grow up safely and become healthy FFs don't we? So here's the deal...

If you've got some serviceable riding gear in childrens, or small mens or womens sizes, and would like to see them get some good use protecting a future FF, just post what you've got here in this thread.

If you've got a kid riding pillion or his/her own bike and want/need a bit of gear to keep your little ADVrider safe check this thread for available stuff, and PM folks who have something that might work.

So don't procrastinate, you fucking fuck, go out there into your garage, basement, attic, or storage unit and dig out that stuff li'l Johnny has outgrown and post it here!

See available gear list in next post.

Putts screwed with this post 06-10-2008 at 06:11 PM
Putts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Available Gear List

(Links are to posts in this thread with offers of gear in them. PM the poster for more info on getting gear. Arraingements for shipping costs are at the descretion of the donating inmate.)

BigBob has a Ladies S or XS Joe Rocket perf jacket, some MX gloves, and boots.

DC950 has a kids medium or large dirt helmet.

SOLO LOBO has some kids MX boots (size currently unknown).

Mel Brooks has some goggles and a nice MX shirt.

dirtygrunt has some youth size 6 MX boots.

Tinks has a Vega Youth Helmet Laguna X2V, Jr. in size Medium, gloss black.

And a big thanks to the folks who've made a bit more garage space and helped out an ADVkid: kbasa, The Yeti. Thanks folks!!!!

Let's keep 'em coming so we can get those kids covered up.

Putts screwed with this post 10-28-2008 at 05:28 AM
Putts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 56,753
It can't be moved to Flea market: Gear because you're not selling anything. There is no "Gear" only forum here, it's all in Equipment.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
It can't be moved to Flea market: Gear because you're not selling anything. There is no "Gear" only forum here, it's all in Equipment.
Dag nubit! I'm such a n00b I don't even know when I get it right! Thanks GB!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
Jamming
Desert RAT

Oddometer: 2,907
Putts...GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!

Give me a couple of months and I'll send ya some as soon as the rugrats grow out of it. Jeez, my 5 year old can't even wear out a pair of shoes...he out grows em first!
Jamming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
BigBob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
I've got Little Big Bob this weekend. There's a Ladies S or XS Joe Rocket perf jacket that he's probably outgrown in the closet and some MX gloves around here somewhere that I know don't fit him. Some boots too. Whatever I've got will be on the way Monday.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Well hell, I'm gonna be my own guinnie pig and walk up and be my own first ADVkids ATGATT Locker customer.

Says I:

"Hey Putts! I got a little girl, April, who needs a jacket and pants this season 'til I can afford to save up and do a little research to buy her the right gear. One of the fucking fucks here (Boston12GS---thanks mate ) donated a helmet to the ATGATT locker and it rocks. But I still need a jacket, pants, and boots to cover her and keep her safe. I promise I'll send the gear back when I'm done. Oh, and here's a picture 'cuz your rulz sez I gotta.

Says I back:

"Sorry Putts, all I had was that helmet. Let me ask around."

--------------------

Hi everyone,

Maybe this is a silly idea. Maybe it's a good idea, but will never work. Maybe it's a good idea and it will work, but only if I do the work to really justify people bothering to dig through their old shit and giving away their old kids gear.

It's not so easy, I don't believe on becoming reliant on charity. But I also know easy it is as a parent to get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The rock: How much we love the cute little buggers and want to keep them safe.

The hard place: keeping the finances straight when they feel like this on the inside and are ready to give it a go.

I just thought that finding a way to bridge the gear up gap at time would make the difference between getting a kid on a bike or not in some case; or on a bike safely, and not banged-up or worse.

Anyway, if you feel like I do, and have some old kids gear lying around, pack it up and ship it off and I'll get it organized.

If you've got a kid in need, post a pic of them here, tell us what you need, and we'll see what kind of generosity we can drum up.

Remember, you felt like this once too ...

Just looking to build a safty net here and get those kids covered up.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,735
Good idea Putts, I do have some extra gear (pants, gloves), but it'd be more for a teenager

This little dood (my grandson) could use some boots(I know he'll out grow them fast)...............he has gloves and pads but his Dad did not bring them on this day.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash
Good idea Putts, I do have some extra gear (pants, gloves), but it'd be more for a teenager
Well, if you'd like, send them to me and I'll try to get them out to a teen in need. And I'll do a little shout out for an old pair of little boots.

HEY, FUCKERS! DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OLD PAIR OF LITTLE MC BOOTS!? ULTRA MINI-RASH COULD USE A PAIR!

What size, Road Rash?

(I've come to the conclusion that I can be an obnoxious ass when I get on about something. Sorry and .)
Old 04-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
VTvfr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Just came across this:http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/641854645.html

'07 990 Adv
'07 250 XC-W
(plated)
'03 600RR
(track duty only now)
'94 VFR750 (sold)
VTvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,099
I'm looking for a small mens or large boys jacket for my g/f's son so he can ride with me. Some boots in a size 6 or 7 would also be appreciated as would pants in a size 12 or 14. He'll be 11 in May and luckily I have 2 helmets that fit him and some riding gloves too. Would be great to get some gear so I can take hiom for a cpl rides. My gear fits his older sister well enough that I'm not worried about her safety

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,611
This is a great idea as I'm starting to search for crap myself. I've been getting this and that lately, but finding used stuff that isn't used up is difficult. I have 3 pairs of boots that need to run through 3 children. But once the littlest outgrows em, I'll offer them up. I believe I have an HJC dirt helmet that doesn't fit anyone, I'll follow up later. Usually after the stuff goes through all 3 kids, it's pretty well trashed.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of Nathan riding his first ever enduro on a Z50, and a pic of his first in class trophy (with improvised dirt riding gear).

He's on an XR80 this year and moving a little faster so I'm looking for an adult small or childs large/extra large chest protector. A pair of mx pants in 14/16 would be cool too.

papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,916
I have a kids medium or large dirt helmet to kick in. It was worn only a few times, never dropped, and doesn't even stink!

I'll try to get it mailed this week.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Thanks for chiming in folks. Haven't gotten anything yet, but I do now have a closet prepared.

Thanks for the offer of the helmet, DC950, I'm sure we'll get a taker fairly quickly.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
Solo Lobo
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 9,008
Hmmm... I have some kids MX boots at home... I'll check the size tonight and post 'em on up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
R65LazaruS
So I sold my GS and went shopping for a G/S!
Solo Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote