User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
nugentro OP
nugentro

Oddometer: 12
Klim Latitude collar?

I’m about to pull the trigger on a Klim Latitude Misano jacket and the only thing holding me back is concern over the collar fit. It looks like the collar would work well in the fully closed foul weather position, but since there is no way to hold it down in the open position I fear it will flop around in the wind blast. Also, it looks like the Velcro patch on the right side could catch on the bottom exposed part of my helmet lining. I noticed some other Klim jackets, Altitude and Badlands, have Velcro tabs at the shoulders for holding down the ends of the collar, but not so on the Latitude.

Does anyone have experience with the Latitude Misano and can offer a comment about my collar concern?

Thanks!
nugentro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Dkizerian
Honky Lips

Oddometer: 169
The newer misano's do have a flap for the collar tab when undone. I've only ridden in my new jacket about 3 hours, and I really like it so far.

I got the hi-viz version and look forward to a long life from it.

The only things I don't like so far, are the small pieces of Velcro on the front zipper flap, and the smaller zipper for attaching pants. Why can't all manufacturers come up with one connection zipper?
Dkizerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
Hootowl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,246
[QUOTE=nugentro;23708162 Also, it looks like the Velcro patch on the right side could catch on the bottom exposed part of my helmet lining.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

True

'07 990A
'12 Super Tenere
Hootowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,159
No problem with mine, an original model 2-3 years old now.
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by byways View Post
No problem with mine, an original model 2-3 years old now.
Same same. The collar is still way stiff. When the collar is zipped up I unzip from the bottom a few inches. This lets the jacket ride a little lower. When I have the collar folded down it doesn't flap in the wind.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
ducati_don
ST3sABS

Oddometer: 5
Collar Concerns

I just purchased the Latitude Misano. I went in to pony up for a Badlands but could not get it to fit comfortably, the Misano felt better and was lighter. I have the same concern about the collar. While there is a hold-back tab on the left side collar there is nothing on the right except the previously mentioned hook part of Velcro. It could snag the helmet liner so I am prepared to cut a little patch of fizzy Velcro to cover it up. Still, no solution to keep the collar, the very high collar, out of the way. In fact, when not leaning forward and if it is open it pokes me in my jaw line. I am considering adding a Velcro patch, fuzzy, on the right, next to the existing patch so I can fold it back. It would be even better to fold it down onto the collar bone area but I would not want to pierce the Gortex membrane in the body of the jacket. If anybody has any other suggestions or ideas I would love to hear them. Also, I have not purchased one yet but my intention is to pair this up with a Gerbings electric vest for warmth when needed. Has anybody tried that combo? Thanks guys.
ducati_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,712
I've found just folding the collar down unless in serious downpours made wearing the Latitude very comfortable. Adding a small loop piece of velcro to the right side collar hook velcro is very important to avoid it from wearing through the Misano fabric. Klim is aware of this and repaired mine under warranty. The collar will soften up wearing it like this and have done the same with my Badlands collar.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
Mike M
Over Here Now...

Oddometer: 1,611
I had the same problem and fixed it with a large square of adhesive-backed heavy duty black velcro. I thought it might peel off but I made sure the area was clean and dry when I stuck it on. Hasn't been a problem and easy enough to use when on the move with gloves on.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,833
I tuck the collar into the jacket. Works great.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #10
ducati_don
ST3sABS

Oddometer: 5
Thanks for the suggestions

Mike M, where did you stick the new piece of Velcro? Was it on the collar so it could be folded back and open?

Attico, tucking the collar in sounds like a good idea if it is comfortable enough.

My old "tarpaper" Belstaf Trailmaster had loops inside the collar to hold a scarf in place to stop water getting in. That thing is now 40+ years old and seems to have shrunk. It still smells funky though.
ducati_don is offline   Reply With Quote