Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #1591
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
I didn't know they had that. Guess Ill check. Had never heard of them before this thread.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #1592
Flameout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Thumb Transformed my riding!

Got the SMH-10 dual set. I'm currently on a trip to AK using the headset. Unbelievable!!!!! I have my phone bluetoothed to it and my Garmin 496 hardwired to it (no bluetooth) for XM music and turn directions.

I snapped the mic cover on the front and while riding 70mph my girlfriend can't tell I'm on the bike.

When you have cell service, it works sooo good! Love listening to my music and then a call comes in and I answer it. Fun! It really is nice! Some will say unsafe and maybe it is, but I love it. Having commo with the little woman eases her worries a little about my looong ride. Waiting for a ferry is a perfect time to call a friend that is jealous of your ride to rub it in! Hahaha!

Excellent product! I'd recommend it to everyone!

FOLLOW ME!
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...rytJ4p77xkQ75p
Flameout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #1593
wingwing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Nice writeup...thank you..wish I was there...

If you have an Android phone and your Garmin quits working,
check out EMFB (Easy Map For Bikers)..might even be good as a backup.
It will do everything the Garmin will do and more.
..turns your phone into a super navigation device with real time weather display.
...cheap insurance for under 13 bucks.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout View Post
Got the SMH-10 dual set. I'm currently on a trip to AK using the headset. Unbelievable!!!!! I have my phone bluetoothed to it and my Garmin 496 hardwired to it (no bluetooth) for XM music and turn directions.

I snapped the mic cover on the front and while riding 70mph my girlfriend can't tell I'm on the bike.

When you have cell service, it works sooo good! Love listening to my music and then a call comes in and I answer it. Fun! It really is nice! Some will say unsafe and maybe it is, but I love it. Having commo with the little woman eases her worries a little about my looong ride. Waiting for a ferry is a perfect time to call a friend that is jealous of your ride to rub it in! Hahaha!

Excellent product! I'd recommend it to everyone!
wingwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #1594
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,731
today was the first time I ever used the intercom. it works great. I never realized how loud my Wife's helmet is . I could hear her wind noise thorugh the intercom. I might need to do something for her about that.

Oh, and for the last poster, my Wife has an N102, standard clamp on mounting system worked find. Boom mic, just make sure it goes under the moduler front while closing.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #1595
ua99003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
iphone ios and sena ios upgrades BT changes

I have a iphone 4s and a sena SMH10 both worked fine until I did the software upgrades for both devices. I am having a problem with the BT connection. Before I simply connected headset to phone and it stayed connected after power on and power off. With current setup I have to pair both units every time I power up the headset. The headset works fine but I never had to do this before. Has anybody had this problem and how do I make it simple again ?
ua99003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #1596
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by ua99003 View Post
I have a iphone 4s and a sena SMH10 both worked fine until I did the software upgrades for both devices. I am having a problem with the BT connection. Before I simply connected headset to phone and it stayed connected after power on and power off. With current setup I have to pair both units every time I power up the headset. The headset works fine but I never had to do this before. Has anybody had this problem and how do I make it simple again ?
Did you clear the BT pairings after the upgrade? Go into your iPhone and delete the previous BT pairing to the Sena. You might also look at the instructions on resetting the SMH10 and clearing all the pairings from that and start from scratch. One you do that, pair them once and hopefully things will be back to normal for you.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #1597
ua99003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Did you clear the BT pairings after the upgrade? Go into your iPhone and delete the previous BT pairing to the Sena. You might also look at the instructions on resetting the SMH10 and clearing all the pairings from that and start from scratch. One you do that, pair them once and hopefully things will be back to normal for you.
Went thru the entire pairing process and looks like it working like it did before the upgrade .... Thanks
ua99003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #1598
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
OK, I've got a question. Got the Sena paired to my iPhone. I stream music through the phone, as well as receive calls. I'd love to be able to sync my Zumo 665 to the Sena for navigation only. Every time I try this, the Zumo supersedes the iPhone, and I lose both my tunes and phone connectivity.

I don't want to run the phone through the Zumo, as (I believe) I'd lose the ability to pause and skip with the Sena. Is there a way of pairing both?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #1599
NestorK
Artiface Artisan

Oddometer: 13,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
OK, I've got a question. Got the Sena paired to my iPhone. I stream music through the phone, as well as receive calls. I'd love to be able to sync my Zumo 665 to the Sena for navigation only. Every time I try this, the Zumo supersedes the iPhone, and I lose both my tunes and phone connectivity.

I don't want to run the phone through the Zumo, as (I believe) I'd lose the ability to pause and skip with the Sena. Is there a way of pairing both?
You need to pair the handsfree profile of the iphone with the zumo, and the headset profile of the iphone with the sena. Pair the zumo with the sena with the handsfree profile and everything should work.
'Cos I got the burning fire in the bed of my soul
NestorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #1600
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NestorK View Post
You need to pair the handsfree profile of the iphone with the zumo, and the headset profile of the iphone with the sena. Pair the zumo with the sena with the handsfree profile and everything should work.
The problem is, unless the iPhone is jailbroken, I don't think it can split its BT connection between 2 devices simultaneously. Regardless, he doesn't need to do that if he has the SMH10 V4.0 installed.

If you have the SMH10 USB version with v4.0 installed on the SMH10, you can do this with the new multi-point pairing. It allows 2 HFP connections and 1 A2DP connection which is exactly what you need. The PDF for for SMH10-V.4 shows this exact setup for case study #2. It refers you to section 6.1 for the phone pairing which is your standard pairing for the iPhone for both HPF & A2DP. For the Zumo 660/665 pairing, it refers you to section 6.3.1 which is Multi-Point GPS Pairing.

Quote:
6.3.1 Multipoint GPS Pairing
If you use GPS only for turn-by-turn voice instructions, not for Bluetooth
stereo music streaming, multipoint pairing is recommended for the
GPS connection. Multipoint Bluetooth pairing allows the SMH10
to connect two HFP devices at the same time: mobile phone and
GPS navigation. Follow the steps below to pair the GPS using the
multipoint pairing.
1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the
red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns
to blue flashing and the beeps turn to high tone double beeps. You
will hear a voice prompt saying “Multipoint Pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation screen. Select
the Sena SMH10 in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN.
5. The GPS confirms that pairing has completed and the SMH10 is
ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the SMH10 saying
“Your headset is paired”.
6. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the
SMH10 will return to stand-by mode.
The pairing diagram for multipoint GPS pairing is shown in the figure
below.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #1601
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
The problem is, unless the iPhone is jailbroken, I don't think it can split its BT connection between 2 devices simultaneously. Regardless, he doesn't need to do that if he has the SMH10 V4.0 installed.

If you have the SMH10 USB version with v4.0 installed on the SMH10, you can do this with the new multi-point pairing. It allows 2 HFP connections and 1 A2DP connection which is exactly what you need. The PDF for for SMH10-V.4 shows this exact setup for case study #2. It refers you to section 6.1 for the phone pairing which is your standard pairing for the iPhone for both HPF & A2DP. For the Zumo 660/665 pairing, it refers you to section 6.3.1 which is Multi-Point GPS Pairing.
OK, I think I already tired that, and IIRC the issue was that the Zumo's default password is "1234". I'll have to see if I can change that password.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #1602
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The problem is not the iPhone, it's the zumo.

The 66x zumos will not do selective pairing properly. They "hog" both profiles and disconnect if they can't find both profiles available on the SMH10. So you can't have an iPhone paired to the SMH10 using A2DP and HFP and also a zumo using A2DP and HFP.

-dan
Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #1603
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post

The 66x zumos will not do selective pairing properly. They "hog" both profiles and disconnect if they can't find both profiles available on the SMH10. So you can't have an iPhone paired to the SMH10 using A2DP and HFP and also a zumo using A2DP and HFP.

-dan
Right, I gathered that was the issue initially. But I can't seem to get the Zumo to pair using the HFP profile at all. It'll pair to a phone without issue, but it won't talk to the Sena unless it's paired through A2DP.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #1604
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post

-dan
Yeah, the Zumo's seem to have their own mind. I wonder if anyone has opened a ticket with Garmin on this? There is no reason that the Zumo 66x series should not allow selective pairing?

So what happens if you only have an HFP headset that doesn't do A2DP? Will it not pair at all?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #1605
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Right, I gathered that was the issue initially. But I can't seem to get the Zumo to pair using the HFP profile at all. It'll pair to a phone without issue, but it won't talk to the Sena unless it's paired through A2DP.
Actually, the zumo has to be paired with the SMH10 using both profiles, as I said above. If you do that, it will send voice directions to your helmet. If you don't, it won't (or will do it briefly then drop the connection). Obviously if you do that, you can't pair your phone to the SMH10 for any function except calls (using HFP and selective pairing).

Put another way, there is presently no way to pair the zumo and SMH10 using only A2DP or using only HFP. It's all or nothing, which is why I now run my zumo hardwired to a Sena SR10 which pairs via HFP-only to my SMH10 and leaves the SMH10 capable of also pairing with A2DP and HFP to my iPhone.

-dan