Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #151
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Short answer: BT is 1-to-1, not 1-to-many.

1-to-1 comes in handy when you're riding with both your wife and your girlfriend on the same trip.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 AM   #152
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578
Short answer: BT is 1-to-1, not 1-to-many.

1-to-1 comes in handy when you're riding with both your wife and your girlfriend on the same trip.
Unless you forget which one is one tap and which is two.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #153
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by push_bars
I have the 2G iPhone and the Zumo 665. Phone to the Zumo, Zumo to the Sena. Works great for taking a call the one time the wife tried to get ahold of me. The Zumo says someone is calling and stops the music so you can pull over and answer. I have not tried working out a way to use the iPod feature of the phone since I have XM but I doubt it would work reliably while still paired to the zumo.
After updating my Zumo 550, I was finally able to pair my iPhone 3G to zumo, then zumo to Sena. Works perfect, until a call comes through. At that point, it works fine through the call, then drops the phone. Any ideas?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #154
PNWTJV
Ex-Navy, Now Student

Oddometer: 19
thanks for the links and response, once these threads get so huge its easy to miss that single nugget of info of i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattme
The manual provides a good answer your to questions (see pages 12-13) Sena SMH10 Manual Link

See also post #108 Link

If 2 devices are connected via BT then a third of the "same priority" will receive a busy notification until the original connection is severed. However if Rider A and Rider/Passenger B are connected via BT Intercom and either A OR B receives a Mobile phone call the connection will be severed until the call is over and either A or B re-establishes the connection.

Sena Bluetooh SMH10 revised function priority:
  • [1] Mobile phone (Highest)
    [2] Intercom
    [3] 3.5mm Audio input by cable
    [4] Bluetooth stereo music (lowest) [Note BT stereo music function is not operable if a device is connected to the 3.5mm Audio jack. Intercom and Mobile phone will work because their priorities are higher]

{Below is a response from Sena in regards to the priority of the Sena;
'Thank you for your interest in SMH10. 3.5 mm audio input has higher priority than Bluetooth Audio (we had a mistake in the manual that is now corrected). So when you have an audio device plugged into the 3.5mm jack, your Bluetooth Audio stream is blocked (it doesn't matter any audio device is connected at the other end of the cable or not). So, if you want to hear Bluetooth Audio, you have to pull out the audio cable from the 3.5 mm jack of the SMH10. However, mobile phone still has highest priority. It means that when you are using mobile phone, you cannot hear the audio signal of the source using the 3.5 mm plug. The priority is mobile phone - intercom - 3.5 mm audio plug - Bluetooth audio.'} ref:webbikeworld.com

_

im hate staying in one spot, as soon as i get some time off, my ass is gone!
PNWTJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #155
CrazyMike
***42***

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NJ
After an hour or two of experimentaiton, I dealt with the problem with pairing the BlackBerry to the Zumo and the Zumo to the SMH-10. All I lose in this scenario is the ability to voice dial from the SMH-10, and I gain the display of caller ID info on the Zumo for incoming calls.

I shouldn't be making outgoing calls while riding anyway, so I suppose this is keeping me safer.
I agree with the not making phone calls, but...

My blackberry is paired with my Zumo 550 and the Zumo is paired with SMH-10. I can dial out using the Zumo via my blackberry's phone book. To me voice dialing may be more trouble than it's worth since I'd only make a call from a stop...with out taking my helmet off.
2009 BMW F800GS
WANTED: Kawasaki ZRX 1200R
CrazyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #156
TYOzzy
TYOzzy

Oddometer: 18
Mrhit.com

We purchased a dual set of SenaSMH10 headsets from Mrhit.com. They are apparently defective. I have been unable to get a response from them after several emails and two voicemails. Has anyone else had this problem? Sena has offered to provide an RMA themselves so hopefully THEIR customer service is as good as I have read.
TYOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #157
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYOzzy
We purchased a dual set of SenaSMH10 headsets from Mrhit.com. They are apparently defective. I have been unable to get a response from them after several emails and two voicemails. Has anyone else had this problem? Sena has offered to provide an RMA themselves so hopefully THEIR customer service is as good as I have read.
Hi I tried initially to purchase Sena's from Mr Hit, but didnt want to pay with paypal and Google checkout wasnt cooperating with overseas purchase, I emailed Billy and he asked me to phone him to walk me through the process.
I did that and he couldnt work it out
He said he work it out and get back to me , I phoned him again after a couple of days and then again, each time he promised to email me, which he didn't. He still hasn't gotten back to me weeks later!
Im glad I didnt purchase from there, I purchased from Adam at Rocketmoto.com and his service has been spot on, Go Adam
Old 05-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #158
TYOzzy
TYOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkster
Hi I tried initially to purchase Sena's from Mr Hit, but didnt want to pay with paypal and Google checkout wasnt cooperating with overseas purchase, I emailed Billy and he asked me to phone him to walk me through the process.
I did that and he couldnt work it out
He said he work it out and get back to me , I phoned him again after a couple of days and then again, each time he promised to email me, which he didn't. He still hasn't gotten back to me weeks later!
Im glad I didnt purchase from there, I purchased from Adam at Rocketmoto.com and his service has been spot on, Go Adam
Oh boy... Things don't sound good for getting resolution from MrHit.com. Hopefully Sena will come through. I'm wishing I had purchased from Rocketmoto.com too even though I have no idea what their price is. :) Good customer service goes a long way with me.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #159
sdpc2
Just another Rally Rat

Oddometer: 1,094
just mounted them into

mine and my wifes Arai helmets. Worked fine in my living room!

I lower my passenger pegs for those riders that have gone before me
sdpc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #160
Floridafeeger
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Any New Deliveries From RocketMoto?????

Has anyone gotten their Sena Headsets from Rocketmoto delivered over the past week or so? .....

Floridafeeger screwed with this post 05-23-2010 at 11:06 AM
Floridafeeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #161
TYOzzy
TYOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafeeger
Has anyone gotten their Sena Headsets from Rocketmoto delivered over the past week or so? .....
Adam says they have a shipment going out Monday and midweek. By the way... You are dealing with a fantastic group of people. I wish I had placed my order through them. Adam is even helping me with my situation which I posted about earlier. That's awesome. He's helping someone that didn't even purchase from him. I'm amazed and totally impressed. Sena is coming through for me as well so have no doubt you are in excellent hands.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #162
Floridafeeger
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thanks TYOzzy

Yes, I had a very good feeling about Adam and Dave at Rocketmoto.com from communications I have had with them and especially all the support others have given them on our forum. I guess I am just getting anxious to get the things into action - I have a couple of rally's to attend and look forward to listening to some GPS noise and MP3 music through my headsets.
Floridafeeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #163
BOXERCOLOMBIA
Ride to Live-Live to Ride

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578
i was wondering if someone could give me a straight answer, i've read the forum and the various brochures, the sena can intercomm with 3 other smh10's as i understand it...

how does this work? aka, if i am on my bike, and buddy 1 is in front on his bike, and buddy 2 is behind on his bike, can we all chat on the same net? or if i am currently on the net with buddy 1, do i have to change channels to talk to buddy 2? can buddy 2 beep me if i am chatting with buddy 1? is it the same protocol for buddy 1 to talk to buddy 2? what happens if buddy 3 shows up on another bike with a sena? can buddy 3 (assuming he's already paired with the other three devices (how does it pair with multiple devices?)) intercomm with buddy 2 while buddy 1 and I are cahtting?

Yes... that´s exactly same mistake i did when i bought a pair of senas believeing I could do conferencing with my 3 other riding partners... we just returned them both pairs and bought 2 pairs of G4 scalas powerset, and it was awesome... 3 riding and talking at the same time...!!! whhhooohooooo...!!!

Below is a copy of the email I sent to the guys of webbikeworld.com to clarify his review, because his review on the senas missed this important topic and fails to inform senas lack this, I though G4 was the same as SENAS but senas had a simpler, clever interface,... but I was wrong, Its a whole different platform and technology applied between the two,.....not merely speaking, just two bluetooth intercoms branded differently...... webbikeworld apparently have not tested this conferencing feature it yet, its a shame...

---------------------------

From "C.U." (5/10): "Thanks for your excellent reviews, keep up the good work...

I just want to point out and clarify that G4 is the only intercom who has "conferencing" or in between riders seamless communication, at the very same time… I have bought a pair of SENAs based on your reviews, and I believed it would communicate with 3 other riders, at the same time or “conferencing” each other, my surprise was it doesn't do conferencing , just one rider at a time.

You have to change channels manually and toggle between them in order to communicate each other one at a time..!!!… This is a BIG drawback, barely touched in your reviews. I hope you could clarify more regarding this issue when you do your reviews. Because as I was, and my riding partners, expecting a system that could really integrate us riding."

Editor's Reply: Sorry for the confusion, I thought this was described in the reviews. Unfortunately, it's not always possible to evaluate every feature or combination of features during the reviews. We have only two G4 intercoms and they were paired with one G2 intercom as described in Part 2 of the G4 review, but it wasn't possible to try the conferencing feature with the G4 so at this point, I'm not even sure if or how it works.

BOXERCOLOMBIA screwed with this post 05-24-2010 at 12:53 PM
BOXERCOLOMBIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #164
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYOzzy
He did have an issue with how the ear pieces fit in his helmet. He's probably going to have to cut a hole in the foam to set them in as they rubbed on his ears and ended up becoming quite painful. Not Sena's faullt, but rather a problem with the type of helmet he has. Earbuds would definitely solve that problem for him. I did notice that the intercom and stereo worked through both speakers, but when I got a call, I could only hear the call through one ear. I thought that was odd. Not good for me since the ear it came through on was the one I'm partially deaf in. :(

A problem we both had was how the units actually fit on the helmets. I have a full face helmet. It couldn't be clipped onto either of our helmets so we had to go with the using the adhesive provided with the units. After about 6 hours, of which about an hour was light rain, the adhesive gave up and the units came off. Good thing we weren't riding at the time. We were at the rally portion of the ride and went to put our helmets back on and off came the units. We rode home unable to communicate.
I haven't taken the plunge yet, but these are the two issues I'm worried about as well. Fitting the speakers in, and clamping the thing to the helmet.

Maybe people could post what kinds of helmets they're using? I'd like to fit this on a Shark RSR2 helmet, as well as my wife's Shark S800.

How big is the clamp? Does someone have a maximum helmet thickness it will work with?

--- D

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #165
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster929
I haven't taken the plunge yet, but these are the two issues I'm worried about as well. Fitting the speakers in, and clamping the thing to the helmet.

Maybe people could post what kinds of helmets they're using? I'd like to fit this on a Shark RSR2 helmet, as well as my wife's Shark S800.

How big is the clamp? Does someone have a maximum helmet thickness it will work with?

--- D
clamp isn't a big deal. speaker thickness is. They are fat. If I remember right, Shark RSR2 is pretty tight around the ears? If so, you won't get these in there. Sena is supposed to come out with earbud clamp soon though. That is going to make the Sena headset unbeatable. It really works well.

Oh, and the speakers fit well in Arai Profile, but not in my Shoei X-11.
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 05-29-2010 at 06:46 PM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote