Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1696
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
We are way beyond *kind of stretching* what Bluetooth was intended to do... WAY BEYOND.
Haha, yeah hard to argue with that.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #1697
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 3,014
Quote:
We are way beyond *kind of stretching* what Bluetooth was intended to do... WAY BEYOND.
Yes, beyond the bluetooth RFC, but head set to head set does not follow any Bluetooth RFC. If it did all head set manufactures would be able to talk to each others devices.

there is a several Mbps bandwidth available to bluetooth (following the RFC). Digital Voice in telephone quality only needs (less then) 56kbps per conversation.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #1698
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
problem with new SMH10

I have an older SMH10 and just bought a new one for my son.

The new one, with BT 3.0, has its own sound routed to its speakers.

So after pairing them, the old one can hear the new one and the new one hears itself,
But the new one does not hear the old one.

Called Sena support and the asked if all the 12 pins on the back are ok, they are, then they said it looks
Like a warranty claim has to be filed.

Just want to check if someone else had a similar issue and a possible resolution before sending it back.

I did a factory reset and 'delete all BT pairings' ritual already...

thx
manish
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #1699
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
@mantan:

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your post. Are you describing what's known as "sidetone" (a little bit of your voice is fed to the speakers) when you say the new SMH10 "has its own sound routed to its speakers?" If so, that should not have anything to do with how it pairs with other devices.

Also, are you talking about the new set's failure to make an intercom connection with the older one? Are you saying that when the user of the old one speaks, the new one can't hear it? Have you tested the old one to make sure its mic is working properly?

-dan
Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #1700
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
@mantan:

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your post. Are you describing what's known as "sidetone" (a little bit of your voice is fed to the speakers) when you say the new SMH10 "has its own sound routed to its speakers?" If so, that should not have anything to do with how it pairs with other devices.

Also, are you talking about the new set's failure to make an intercom connection with the older one? Are you saying that when the user of the old one speaks, the new one can't hear it? Have you tested the old one to make sure its mic is working properly?

-dan
Thanks for responding. I am not talking about "sidetone", nor is this an echo issue.

This is the full sound of the unit routed back to itself.

My old unit works fine, both as an intercom and A2DP.

This is also not a pairing issue.

Even if the unit is on by itself, you can hear yourself loud in you own speakers, ths
Volume obviously depending upon the jog dial setting, but too loud to be a sidetone and
Immediate to not be an echo.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #1701
AngelFZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan View Post
I have an older SMH10 and just bought a new one for my son.

The new one, with BT 3.0, has its own sound routed to its speakers.

So after pairing them, the old one can hear the new one and the new one hears itself,
But the new one does not hear the old one.

Called Sena support and the asked if all the 12 pins on the back are ok, they are, then they said it looks
Like a warranty claim has to be filed.

Just want to check if someone else had a similar issue and a possible resolution before sending it back.

I did a factory reset and 'delete all BT pairings' ritual already...

thx
manish
With the initial firmware upgrades it was not possible to pair multiple units unless they all had the same firmware upgrade installed, I'm not sure how this works with the newer firmware upgrades. Just in case, download the latest firmware and install it in both units and try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AngelFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #1702
millsan1
IBA #49986

Oddometer: 239
I have been an SMH10 user for over a year now and love the unit. There are odd things once in a while, but 95% of the time it works great.

My GF, Kate and I are now getttng into rallying and that calls for a MC specific GPS, so we both just got 665s. Spent this evening hooking the 665 to the Sena and my droid galaxy nexus to the 665.

All is well, but I am not sure that I like having lost my ability to control audio from the sena. I can control volume, but the job button does not alllow me to FF or REW when playing music. I also am not sure how happy I am about how calls are handled. I called the house as a test and when the call ended I had to reboot the SENA to get back to XM music.

I will dig deeper, and I know I can pair the phone as a mono connection alone, to give me control back.

Going to be a day or two of messing with the settings.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #1703
Parki77
n00b

Oddometer: 9
So I took the plunge and bought a Sena SMH10 on Sunday which will hopefully be delivered today. I have bought the SMH10 plus the clamp for the ear buds with detachable mic as I have a BMW System 6 helmet.

Am I right in thinking it is best to do the upgrade before I sync to anything?
Is the upgrade easy to install?

Thanks for everyones help.

Cheers
Parki77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #1704
Chuffa
TR650 Terra

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parki77 View Post
Am I right in thinking it is best to do the upgrade before I sync to anything?
Is the upgrade easy to install?
Yes.... and Yes, its very easy once you register with Sena.

Hope you like this equip as much as I do.
Chuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #1705
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 932
Cry The Sena SPH10H and SM10 are on indefinite hold...

Inmates:

We received this communication from Sena last night:

"To all Valued Partners:

The availability of the SPH10H and SM10 have been delayed until further notice. Sena engineering is still working out the kinks and do not have any delivery date set at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your customers. As soon as we receive a firm ship date from the factory, we will notify you immediately. Again, sorry for all the inconvenience.
"

We realize that this is disappointing to many of you - especially the delay of the SM10 dual stream BT adapter. We have a substantial pre-order in for both of these products and if you contact us, we'll add you to our pre-order list to keep you updated as to availability.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 08:14 AM
RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #1706
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFZ View Post
With the initial firmware upgrades it was not possible to pair multiple units unless they all had the same firmware upgrade installed, I'm not sure how this works with the newer firmware upgrades. Just in case, download the latest firmware and install it in both units and try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The older unit is SMH10A so updating the firmware is not an option.

Just checked and the new unit is already at ver 4.0.

Did factory reset again and clear all BT pairings in the new unit and started again.

The problem is only after pairing the old and new units (SMH10A and SMH10B)

So there is clearly a compatibility issue here.

I am quite disappointed because Sena claims their products work together, and the old unit is only 1yr old.

mantan screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 09:22 AM
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #1707
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Inmates:

We received this communication from Sena last night:

"To all Valued Partners:

The availability of the SPH10H and SM10 have been delayed until further notice. Sena engineering is still working out the kinks and do not have any delivery date set at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your customers. As soon as we receive a firm ship date from the factory, we will notify you immediately. Again, sorry for all the inconvenience.
"

We realize that this is disappointing to many of you - especially the delay of the SM10 dual stream BT adapter. We have a substantial pre-order in for both of these products and if you contact us, we'll add you to our pre-order list to keep you updated as to availability.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they work out their issues without too much delay.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1708
Parki77
n00b

So my SMH10 turned up today and is on charge. I have done the update to v4.

Can I sync my iPhone 4S so that I can play music and answer a call?
Do I sync it just the once?
Also how do I set the volume for different functions i.e music 1 volume, call another?

Cheers
Old 07-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #1709
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 356
Since you have been to flash the new firmware, I assume you've registered your email with Sena Support.

Go back to the Sena Website and download the user's guide. That will answer all your questions and more!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #1710
Parki77
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by radon222 View Post
Since you have been to flash the new firmware, I assume you've registered your email with Sena Support.

Go back to the Sena Website and download the user's guide. That will answer all your questions and more!
Yes I have registered and have looked throught the new manual, but it doesn't say how to set the volume for different functions.