Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #1921
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 44,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
Or just, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Bingo.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #1922
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
I have had the SMH10 for some time now and love it. I have an iPhone and a Zumo 550 which can't be paired at the same time with the Sena. Now I see the SM10 and wonder if that's the ticket for my setup? I have sent the question to Sena so hopefully they respond soon. Almost as much as the SMH10 though.
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #1923
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
I have had the SMH10 for some time now and love it. I have an iPhone and a Zumo 550 which can't be paired at the same time with the Sena. Now I see the SM10 and wonder if that's the ticket for my setup? I have sent the question to Sena so hopefully they respond soon. Almost as much as the SMH10 though.
What version of the SMH10 do you have? Do you have the firmware upgradable version? If you do and are running at least v4.0, you should be able to pair both at the same time since it has 2 HFP connections and one A2DP connection. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know the Zumo 550 only supports the HFP profile so that one should be able to be paired to the "multi-point" connection while the iPhone uses the other HFP & A2DP connection. The only question here is the Zumo 550 likes being paired to the Multi-point connection? I know the Zumo 660 doesn't but the 550 shouldn't have any issue pairing like that?

Edit: I just looked in the Sena SMH10 user guide for v4.0 and it has this exact setup as case study 1.
- iPhone for mobile phone and stereo music stream
- Zumo 550 or Zumo 220 for GPS Voice instruction

So like I said above, you do pair your iPhone normally and you pair the Zumo 550 as the "multipoint GPS pairing and that allows you to have both paired at the same time.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 09-23-2012 at 06:29 PM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #1924
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
What version of the SMH10 do you have? Do you have the firmware upgradable version? If you do and are running at least v4.0, you should be able to pair both at the same time since it has 2 HFP connections and one A2DP connection. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know the Zumo 550 only supports the HFP profile so that one should be able to be paired to the "multi-point" connection while the iPhone uses the other HFP & A2DP connection. The only question here is the Zumo 550 likes being paired to the Multi-point connection? I know the Zumo 660 doesn't but the 550 shouldn't have any issue pairing like that?

Edit: I just looked in the Sena SMH10 user guide for v4.0 and it has this exact setup as case study 1.

So like I said above, you do pair your iPhone normally and you pair the Zumo 550 as the "multipoint GPS pairing and that allows you to have both paired at the same time.
I guess I need to read my guide. How do you designate one pairing from the other? I have the firmware upgrade version. When did the 4.0 come out? I upgraded firmware when I got the unit and that was around 3 months ago.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #1925
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,193
samsung transform

Samsung transform

Has any one paired the SMH10 to the Samsung transform?
I have tried some other brands and it wont pair?
I'm stuck with the phone (work requirement)

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #1926
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Blue lightning

I just re-read the guide. You were spot on. I had it paired as A2DP which interfered with the pairing of the phone and vise versa. Thanks. It works, at least sitting in the living room.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #1927
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
I just re-read the guide. You were spot on. I had it paired as A2DP which interfered with the pairing of the phone and vise versa. Thanks. It works, at least sitting in the living room.
Awesome, glad you got it!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #1928
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post

One minor clarification. The problem with the 660 is not so much that it doesn't like a multi-point connection; it's that you can't tell it to use only HFP. So when you try to pair it with the SMH10 while any other device is using A2DP, it refuses or keeps dropping all BT connections.

We are kinda saying the same thing in two different ways, but for others trying to sort this out, thought I'd add to the confusion, I mean explain it in more detail [grin].

-dan
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #1929
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
One minor clarification. The problem with the 660 is not so much that it doesn't like a multi-point connection; it's that you can't tell it to use only HFP. So when you try to pair it with the SMH10 while any other device is using A2DP, it refuses or keeps dropping all BT connections.

We are kinda saying the same thing in two different ways, but for others trying to sort this out, thought I'd add to the confusion, I mean explain it in more detail [grin].

-dan
In short Garmin screwed up again!

Funny thing is Sena has that case study in their manual also with the Zumo 660 paired to the Multi-point (HFP only) connection and the iPhone paired to the main HFP/A2DP connection. In their theory, it should work.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #1930
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes, that misleading picture in the manual has broken many hearts [grin].

-dan
Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #1931
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, that misleading picture in the manual has broken many hearts [grin].

-dan
Danham,
You may have made the same mistake that I did as my issue was exactly as what you discribe. I paired my Zumo the same way I paired the iphone which was incorrect. Pairing the Zumo for "phone only" to the Sena is a different procedure. Thats the mistake I made anyway.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #1932
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Danham,
You may have made the same mistake that I did as my issue was exactly as what you discribe. I paired my Zumo the same way I paired the iphone which was incorrect. Pairing the Zumo for "phone only" to the Sena is a different procedure. Thats the mistake I made anyway.
I'm always happy to learn new stuff, but I don't think I made this mistake. Yes, that procedure is different as far as how you do it on the SMH10, but the result is unfortunately the same: the zumo 660 will still try to connect using both HFP and A2DP. This may work if you have no A2DP devices paired to the SMH10, "tricking" you into thinking that selective pairing is working, but I was not able to pair my iPhone 4 and the 660 to the SMH10 at the same time, reliably.

Again, if I've misunderstood, straighten me out.

-dan
Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #1933
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm always happy to learn new stuff, but I don't think I made this mistake. Yes, that procedure is different as far as how you do it on the SMH10, but the result is unfortunately the same: the zumo 660 will still try to connect using both HFP and A2DP. This may work if you have no A2DP devices paired to the SMH10, "tricking" you into thinking that selective pairing is working, but I was not able to pair my iPhone 4 and the 660 to the SMH10 at the same time, reliably.

Again, if I've misunderstood, straighten me out.

-dan
You may need to look into going the route I was looking into. Adding the SM10. Maybe that will work.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #1934
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
You may need to look into going the route I was looking into. Adding the SM10. Maybe that will work.
I did the next best thing [g]: I use an SR10. With the zumo 660 hardwired to the SR10 (along with a Valentine radar detector), the SR10 uses one HFP slot in my SMH10. Then my iPhone uses the other HFP plus the A2DP slot and everything works well.

Thanks,

-dan
Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #1935
TowPro
I want to ride

Oddometer: 2,444
Quote:
I did the next best thing [g]: I use an SR10. With the zumo 660 hardwired to the SR10 (along with a Valentine radar detector), the SR10 uses one HFP slot in my SMH10. Then my iPhone uses the other HFP plus the A2DP slot and everything works well.

Thanks,

-dan
Same thing I do with my Montana. Plus the 2 way radio support is nice if you need it.