Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #196
splat matt
::.::::..::.:::.::::

Oddometer: 219
I received my replacement SMH10s (no audio stutter so far). I installed one unit in my new EXO-900 helmet and the sound is amazing (even has bass). The sound is so much better and louder than in my EXO-700 helmet. Only difference is that there is a recess for the speakers in the EXO-900.

splat matt screwed with this post 06-16-2010 at 10:24 AM
splat matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #197
BMW-K
F800GS FTW!

Oddometer: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesRfun
Anyone mount the Sena on an Arai Vector helmet yet? Would like to hear about the install & speaker/ear clearance.
Arai Vector medium here. Just got my Sena about two weeks ago. I'm a bit slower than most and took 10 minutes to mount it. Synced perfectly with my IPhone. Can't use both IPhone and Zumo though...

I tested the volume capability with my '01 Speed Triple using Howard Leight Max-light Green earplugs. I held a 20 minute test conversation from 75-90 mph with my wife. I could hear clearly every word with no challenge, volume at about 70%.

I'm flat out sold on the Sena. It's got the volume needed.

IBA # 20880. STFU and Ride.
BMW-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #198
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-K
Can't use both IPhone and Zumo though...
Works great with a bluetooth dongle plugged into iPhone then pair the dongle to the sena. Also, pair iPhone to Zumo. This gives you stereo music from iPhone, full phone through zumo, voice prompts. Music works through Zumo as well, but it's mono and sounds like shit.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #199
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
Works great with a bluetooth dongle plugged into iPhone then pair the dongle to the sena. Also, pair iPhone to Zumo. This gives you stereo music from iPhone, full phone through zumo, voice prompts. Music works through Zumo as well, but it's mono and sounds like shit.
What bluetooth dongle did you use?

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #200
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster929
What bluetooth dongle did you use?
rocketfish from Best Buy. I wouldn't recommend this particular one. It falls out easy and sound can be scratchy at times, but that's only because it doesn't fit well. Sound is great. You wouldn't know the difference between it being plugged in and not. Also allows you to use forward/back track.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #201
BMW-K
F800GS FTW!

Oddometer: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
rocketfish from Best Buy. I wouldn't recommend this particular one. It falls out easy and sound can be scratchy at times, but that's only because it doesn't fit well. Sound is great. You wouldn't know the difference between it being plugged in and not. Also allows you to use forward/back track.
If not Rocketfish, then which would you recommend?

IBA # 20880. STFU and Ride.
BMW-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #202
splat matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-K
If not Rocketfish, then which would you recommend?

See this link

It is located in this thread.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #203
simply40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
where to buy

I used these guys http://radiorider.com/default.aspx they were great to work with and offered a set for the best price. I am glad I waited to get these, they work great for my needs.
simply40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #204
adventurecycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Just had the first ride with my SMH10 from Mrhit.com. I liked the unit extremely well. The music has great sound quality, and the phone seemed to have no issues while riding at highway speeds. I didn't have a chance to test the other helmet yet with my wife, but so far I am very happy. The only gripe I have is with the iPhone's "voice control" It is wrong 90% of the time. I wish it was as good as the window's mobile version I had on my HTC. If anyone has any tricks on how to clear up the voice control I would appreciate it. Well worth the money...

2002 BMW R1150GS
adventurecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #205
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Pissed If you need to handle a return with Mr Hit...

...the only hit will be your head against the wall. While many others reported good luck with returns to various vendors, MrHit managed to screw mine up pretty good... First he required the item returned before shipping replacement (ok, fine I can understand, makes sense but others have had better responses) so I shipped mine back express and had it to him in 3 days. Mean while 3 more days pass with no responses to emails or phone calls (the guy has a generic cell phone with out any greeting? Hello this is a business, put up a message at least).

Flash forward almost two weeks and I am leaving for a month with no F@#$#@! headset because this guy could not be bothered to do a decent turn around or even tell me that he could not get it to me in time in spite of 2 phone calls and 3 emails everyone of which indicated the time sensitive nature of my situation.

To make it worse he sends an email last Saturday saying the headset is in the mail so I blow any chance of getting something else shipped in.

In short if you care about customer service MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN MRHIT
push_bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #206
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I'm so glad I didn't buy from Mr Hit(almost did)
I bought mine from Adam at Rocketmoto.com for those of you fence sitters and I had fantastic service and I have no connection other than I'm a happy customer of theirs.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #207
adventurecycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Well I hope I dont need to return it....Hey Push Bars, why did you need to return it??? wrong order, or broken?

2002 BMW R1150GS
adventurecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #208
splat matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurecycle
Just had the first ride with my SMH10 from Mrhit.com. I liked the unit extremely well. The music has great sound quality, and the phone seemed to have no issues while riding at highway speeds. I didn't have a chance to test the other helmet yet with my wife, but so far I am very happy. The only gripe I have is with the iPhone's "voice control" It is wrong 90% of the time. I wish it was as good as the window's mobile version I had on my HTC. If anyone has any tricks on how to clear up the voice control I would appreciate it. Well worth the money...
I don't have any issues with using the iPhone's "voice control" on my new helmet (exo-900). However, when using my exo-700 helmet there was a lot of air coming underneath the chin-bar so it would interfere with the "voice control" because air was blowing on the microphone. My friend adding a chin skirt and that solved the problem for him. My solution was to position the microphone higher up inside the helmet.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #209
FiveG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Sena and Phone Ring Volume

Does anyone know a way to increase the volume of the phone ringing in the Sena? I'm pairing a Blackberry Storm, and it does not ring terribly loudly in the helmet when a call comes in. (If there is some way to make changes in the BB which would increase the volume through the helmet/headset, I'll take that too.)
FiveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #210
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveG
Does anyone know a way to increase the volume of the phone ringing in the Sena? I'm pairing a Blackberry Storm, and it does not ring terribly loudly in the helmet when a call comes in. (If there is some way to make changes in the BB which would increase the volume through the helmet/headset, I'll take that too.)
If you have a Storm (not a Storm 2) this was (is?) a known issue, that I believe was fixed by a software update. Some ring tones are naturally louder than others, in any event. Try this:

Go to 'Sounds' on main menu, scroll to 'Set Ring Tones/Alerts' then click... select 'Phone'. Adjust volume from silent to '10'.

If you haven't updated your BlackBerry's software lately, assuming you're on Verizon, the latest software is HERE.

Hope that helps.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto screwed with this post 06-25-2010 at 07:29 AM
RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote