Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #2086
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
Also, I am running firmware 4.1.1 on the SMH10 and have noticed that while it shows the battery life through the red flashes. It shows that the battery is always full. No matter how long I use it. Then when it get lows I get the warning and voice prompt of low battery and the unit just shuts off. Anyone else have this issue?
I noticed the same - not sure if it always shows full, but shows high, even after being used all day. Have not got enough hours/days/trips on my units to have monitored more closely.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #2087
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Got a question in regards to the SMH10 and pairing. I have mine paired with my Samsung Galaxy 3.6 for music and my Dura XT for phone only. I have noticed that when I use my phone sometimes the media connection will drop and it will not reconnect. When I go to the 3.6 and try to reconnect it through the device it fails to connect. It seems like the SMH10 is dropping the media connection and refusing to reconnect. Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm running a Motorola Atrix for both phone and music, and occasionally, it will drop the BT connection. I have to go into the phone and reconnect it there (cycling the power on the Sena doesn't fix it). I've never had it refuse the reconnect. I'm still running the 4.0 software.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #2088
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I'm running a Motorola Atrix for both phone and music, and occasionally, it will drop the BT connection. I have to go into the phone and reconnect it there (cycling the power on the Sena doesn't fix it). I've never had it refuse the reconnect. I'm still running the 4.0 software.
I'm starting to think this is a bug in the Sena or BT itself. Sigh.... Well, my unit is going back to Sena for a battery issue as it seems that the battery doesn't have a good life to it. Also need to get my headbuds mount replaced as I had the old hard one and it finally broke.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #2089
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Got a question in regards to the SMH10 and pairing. I have mine paired with my Samsung Galaxy 3.6 for music and my Dura XT for phone only. I have noticed that when I use my phone sometimes the media connection will drop and it will not reconnect. When I go to the 3.6 and try to reconnect it through the device it fails to connect. It seems like the SMH10 is dropping the media connection and refusing to reconnect. Has anyone else experienced this?...
The big questions are: is anything else paired with the SMH10, and which profile(s) do the Galaxy and Dura use?

The SMH10 supports one A2DP and up to two HFP connections. If you are trying to connect two A2DP devices, it can behave the way you describe.

-dan
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #2090
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
The big questions are: is anything else paired with the SMH10, and which profile(s) do the Galaxy and Dura use?

The SMH10 supports one A2DP and up to two HFP connections. If you are trying to connect two A2DP devices, it can behave the way you describe.

-dan
Both the Samsung and Dura can use A2DP. I have paired the Samsung to the A2DP channel and manually connect the Dura with HFP. I've wondered if the phone was not playing nice and trying to take over anyways.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 AM   #2091
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
I'm starting to think this is a bug in the Sena or BT itself.
When I used this phone with my older original Sena, I never had this issue. I think there might be a bug in the 4.x Sena software because this issue occurs very randomly. It will happen twice in one week, and then not happen again for a month, then twice in a day.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #2092
Ohio_Danimal
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
When I used this phone with my older original Sena, I never had this issue. I think there might be a bug in the 4.x Sena software because this issue occurs very randomly. It will happen twice in one week, and then not happen again for a month, then twice in a day.

With me, not matter WHAT I do (either firmware version, etc...clearing link histories, etc) I cannot get my iPhone4 to link to my Zumo550, and the Zumo500 to link to the Sena to allow me to use the touchscreen interface on the Zumo to manage phone calls.
All seems to work, but then calls cannot be dialed, or picked up.

I went round and round with Sena, and then they wanted me to send the unit back at my expense!!!

Fuck that. I ended up linking the iPhone4 direct to the Sena, and it works wonderfully...I just loose the Zumo interface (which was awesome for using the phone's contact list, or calling motels while searching for a room, etc while in route)

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #2093
Skelt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Sena Sr10-01

Listed my SR10 in the flea market if anyone is wanting one.

2007 K1200 GT
1995 R1100GS
2001 F650 GS/Dakar
Skelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #2094
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
With me, not matter WHAT I do (either firmware version, etc...clearing link histories, etc) I cannot get my iPhone4 to link to my Zumo550, and the Zumo500 to link to the Sena to allow me to use the touchscreen interface on the Zumo to manage phone calls.

I went round and round with Sena, and then they wanted me to send the unit back at my expense!!!

Fuck that. I ended up linking the iPhone4 direct to the Sena, and it works wonderfully...I just loose the Zumo interface (which was awesome for using the phone's contact list, or calling motels while searching for a room, etc while in route)
Unless this is different than the 660, AFAIK neither zumo will "forward" phone audio via BT, so this is not a Sena issue.

-dan
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #2095
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post

That seems more like a problem with the Zumo to me - That's the device you are asking to interface with two other things at once.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2096
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,841
Actually, the Zumo 550 has no problem forwarding phone audio to a headset. Infact, I think that is something most GPS's with BT do. Its the stereo over BT the Zumo 550 doesn't do.

My dad has the Zumo 550 and he pairs his cell (Andriod) to the Zumo and then the Zumo to the SMH10. He can make calls via the screen and pick up calls and answer them with the Zumo, but be talking to them over the SMH10.

If the SMH10 pairs to the Zumo as a headset, then there is no issue there. Its in between the Zumo and the iPhone that has issues if it won't send its audio through the Zumo.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #2097
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Actually, the Zumo 550 has no problem forwarding phone audio to a headset. Infact, I think that is something most GPS's with BT do. Its the stereo over BT the Zumo 550 doesn't do.

My dad has the Zumo 550 and he pairs his cell (Andriod) to the Zumo and then the Zumo to the SMH10. He can make calls via the screen and pick up calls and answer them with the Zumo, but be talking to them over the SMH10.

If the SMH10 pairs to the Zumo as a headset, then there is no issue there. Its in between the Zumo and the iPhone that has issues if it won't send its audio through the Zumo.
Oops, you are right. I plead brain cramp. I found zumo BT to be flaky and unreliable and now hardwire mine through an SR10, giving up the on-screen call management in exchange for being able to turn off all BT on the 660 and pair my iPhone directly to my SMH10.

-dan
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #2098
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,128
Smh5-fm

I got an e-mail today from Sena that they now have a new version of the SMH5 that includes FM radio and has range of 700M (compared to 500M of SMH5 and 900M of SMH10) at a glance the other specs seem unchanged.

$159 single kit SRP
$299 dual kit SRP

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #2099
hadye
The Pharaoh

Oddometer: 85
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a creative ideas on how to attach the Sena SMH10 to a Nolan N43? I don't want to damage a new helmet & in the same time I love it & don't want to replace it with the Nolan bluetooth
hadye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #2100
wingwing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadye View Post
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a creative ideas on how to attach the Sena SMH10 to a Nolan N43? I don't want to damage a new helmet & in the same time I love it & don't want to replace it with the Nolan bluetooth
I posted my fix awhile back.. still working great..
hope this might help you..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1557

Dennis
wingwing is offline   Reply With Quote