Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #226
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice0000
Bot our kits from Adam and Dave at RocketMoto. Great service at a great price from guys who are really helpful...what more could you ask for? Highly recommended.

Installed and tested them last 2 weeks, mostly daily commute.
Installation was a breeze – about 10 min each! Mine on a Shark S800 (clamp unit) and AGV S4 (3M Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor) , my buddy’s on his Arai TX (3M Glued Surface M. Adaptor). Time will tell how long the 3M Glued SMAdaptor will last.

Mobilephone:
Paired easily with my Samsung SGHi-780. I can hear callers clearly and the Sena’s mobile phone-enabled function is LOUD (even with my custom earplugs). BUT everyone’s feedback is that I sound really muffled and, hence, unclear. Don’t know what to make of it and what would be the remedy. Anyone have this ”muffled speech” experience? Most users, I've read, seem to report good clarity from their mobilephone callers, for example:

Interestingly, I was told that I sounded clearest when the mic is positioned between my lower lip and chin (vs directly in front of my mouth).

Intercom:
Rider-Passenger paired and worked well, except for the initial ride when my passenger could hear me clearly but I couldn’t hear a thing. We fiddled with it and believe that it was due to the Passenger’s mic being positioned incorrectly. Distance-wise, line-of-sight connectivity on unblocked terrain was up to almost 1km, while non-line sight on the same terrain was about 700m. Meanwhile physical obstacles/structures, eg. hills, road bridges, reduced connectivity to about 500m.

Music:
Paired my new 5th Gen iPod Nano via a Plantronics Bluetooth dongle (that came with a BT headset called BackBeat). Music is clear and great. However, I am facing 2 big issues:
(1) I have to pair the Plantronics BT dongle to the Sena EVERYTIME I turn the Sena off/on (eg. stopping at lunch or arriving at work); and
(2) It appears that I have to choose between either my Mobilephone function OR Music function… it just won’t accept both the Mobilephone and Music functions at the same time.
Does anyone have such an experience with the above? HELP!
Using the provided 3.5mm stereo audio cable was easy but would result in a relatively short accordion cord hanging from helmet to the iPod in my jacket pocket. Music volume is a tad soft though, but liveable.

So far still wondering how waterproof /resistant the Sena is (I believe either the Cardo or Interphone states it is waterproof)? We are taking off on a much longer ride to Thailand this weekend and seeing that it is rainy weather over here, we probably will get the chance to test the Sena in heavy rain… will report back after the trip.

Meanwhile, would appreciate any constructive thoughts/comments on the issues I mentioned. Thanks.
Hi Adam/Dave @ RocketMoto, care to chime in on my questions above?
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #227
MJC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
If you happen to have a new iPhone4, we can use FaceTime for video support.
Does the new iOS 4 allow track up and down selection through the bluetooth yet? That's the only thing stopping me from buying. Until then I'm stuck with the Apple earbuds.
MJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #228
sparkletoes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC
Does the new iOS 4 allow track up and down selection through the bluetooth yet? That's the only thing stopping me from buying. Until then I'm stuck with the Apple earbuds.
Sadly no. Apple have still not implemented in iOS4 what's known as AVRCP, a fairly common protocol in other phones, which allows you to skip tracks backwards and forwards. Even my 2 yr old Nokia 5310 has it. The only way round is to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2/3 (jailbreak not quite fully ready for iOS4 yet, depending on your bootrom and how you previously jailbreaked it) and install Music Controls from Cydia, which does AVRCP.

Hope this helps.
sparkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #229
sparkletoes
Adventurer

(2) It appears that I have to choose between either my Mobilephone function OR Music function… it just won’t accept both the Mobilephone and Music functions at the same time.

If you use the 3.5mm jack for your iPod, it will disable any bluetooth function, i.e. the phone. It's in the manual, but they don't make a feature of it. Way round is to play music from your phone if you have the ability. Sadly you can't have both bluetooth phone and hardwired music.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #230
beachamb21
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Smh10 Deal!!

I got my SENA at MrHit.com and i love it! it is $149 for the single and $269.99 for the DUAL.
beachamb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #231
MJC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletoes
Sadly no. Apple have still not implemented in iOS4 what's known as AVRCP, a fairly common protocol in other phones, which allows you to skip tracks backwards and forwards. Even my 2 yr old Nokia 5310 has it. The only way round is to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2/3 (jailbreak not quite fully ready for iOS4 yet, depending on your bootrom and how you previously jailbreaked it) and install Music Controls from Cydia, which does AVRCP.

Hope this helps.

Ugh, not good. I guess I'll just stay wired for now. Thanks for the info.
MJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #232
splat matt
::.::::..::.:::.::::

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
(jailbreak not quite fully ready for iOS4 yet, depending on your bootrom and how you previously jailbreaked it) and install Music Controls from Cydia, which does AVRCP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Music Controls tip. But, why are you saying iOS4 jailbreak is n't ready? Works great on my 3GS and Wife's & Son's 3G.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #233
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 345
Pissed

Quote:
If you use the 3.5mm jack for your iPod, it will disable any bluetooth function, i.e. the phone. It's in the manual, but they don't make a feature of it. Way round is to play music from your phone if you have the ability. Sadly you can't have both bluetooth phone and hardwired music.

Really?!?!? That pretty much blows it for me since that is exactly the setup I would have preferred. Hardwire to my MP3 and BT for phone calls and rider-rider coms with my wife.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #234
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,987
Quote:

Hope this helps.
I use a BT transmitter on my 3G. It was the only way to tie in iPhone with full Zumo functionality. If you go this route, avrcp works fine.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #235
sparkletoes
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat matt
Thanks for the Music Controls tip. But, why are you saying iOS4 jailbreak is n't ready? Works great on my 3GS and Wife's & Son's 3G.
I should have said "isn't ready for all." For those 3GS's that were previously jailbroken using Spirit and have the new bootrom it's not ready. 3Gs are ready for iOS4. I'm one of the former. Sorry, don't want to turn this thread into an iPhone one! Back to the Sena....
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #236
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,128
What would happen if you hung one of these on the iphone but still had it paired to the Sena?

Would you be able to skip tracks with it (and still heare the music thru the Sena)?

http://belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.p...duct_Id=496831
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #237
soigomoto
Be kind to our mother!

Oddometer: 77
RocketMoto Rocks!

Ordered a dual set from Rocket Moto on 6/29 and had 'em here in CA yesterday. Mounted in helmet (Aria XD) last night and will road test this weekend.

Question for the others with these units is this:
In reading on all the new gen of units available I ran across this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=67
and am experiencing the same "clack". No-one else mentions it save what could be a similar experience in this post: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13350208&postcount=133

So, anyone else experiencing similar? I only get it in the right speaker -on both units- and it is whenever pressing either button on having an interruption occur via incoming call or intercom.

otherwise they sound great!

'64 BMW R60/2 -Dover White
'05 BMW R1200GS -Rock Red
'08 URAL Gear-Up -Forest Camo
soigomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #238
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by radon222
Really?!?!? That pretty much blows it for me since that is exactly the setup I would have preferred. Hardwire to my MP3 and BT for phone calls and rider-rider coms with my wife.
i'm not too sure about this one... i've used other systems with the same priority levels... and it worked there... i would hope that it would work the same way with the Sena system.

setup: iPhone paired with the helmet system (Scala G2) via bluetooth, also connected using hard-line audio cable to the helmet system from the headphone jack on the iPhone to the helmet system for music.

(note: the G2 uses a older "headphone" hard-line cable (speakers only), not a 3.5mm one (which would connect the voice channel); that may make all the world of difference in how things connect.)

instance: listening to mp3 music (from hard-line). phone call comes in, bluetooth pairing signals the "headset" to ring. i use voice command (VOX... i yell HELLO!) to answer the call, and the unit switches seamlessly to bluetooth pairing, and call is connected (at 70mph, and the person on the other end thought i stopped). once call is completed, the iPhone automatically goes back to music.

one thing to note: i haven't used the Sena system yet, i'm looking into it, as an upgrade, mainly because of range / jog dial / charging while in use issues. it would obviously need to meet the same levels of usage as the G2 unit did for me to upgrade.

can someone who has a Sena chime in?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #239
bradword
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Hi Adam/Dave @ RocketMoto, care to chime in on my questions above?
Solstice,

To me it sounds like you have your phone pairing as a mobile AND an mp3 player. I know on my droid it would connect as both, and then when I paired my iPod touch it would drop the droid all together.

I had to connect the droid, go into the bluetooth connection on the phone and disable the stereo part of the Bluetooth. Then connect the iPod touch and everything worked fine.

02' BMW F650GS
07' Yamaha XT225
bradword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #240
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Bot our kits from Adam and Dave at RocketMoto. Great service at a great price from guys who are really helpful...what more could you ask for? Highly recommended.

Installed and tested them last 2 weeks, mostly daily commute.
Installation was a breeze – about 10 min each! Mine on a Shark S800 (clamp unit) and AGV S4 (3M Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor) , my buddy’s on his Arai TX (3M Glued Surface M. Adaptor). Time will tell how long the 3M Glued SMAdaptor will last.

Mobilephone:
Paired easily with my Samsung SGHi-780. I can hear callers clearly and the Sena’s mobile phone-enabled function is LOUD (even with my custom earplugs). BUT everyone’s feedback is that I sound really muffled and, hence, unclear. Don’t know what to make of it and what would be the remedy. Anyone have this ”muffled speech” experience? Most users, I've read, seem to report good clarity from their mobilephone callers, for example:

Interestingly, I was told that I sounded clearest when the mic is positioned between my lower lip and chin (vs directly in front of my mouth).

Intercom:
Rider-Passenger paired and worked well, except for the initial ride when my passenger could hear me clearly but I couldn’t hear a thing. We fiddled with it and believe that it was due to the Passenger’s mic being positioned incorrectly. Distance-wise, line-of-sight connectivity on unblocked terrain was up to almost 1km, while non-line sight on the same terrain was about 700m. Meanwhile physical obstacles/structures, eg. hills, road bridges, reduced connectivity to about 500m.

Music:
Paired my new 5th Gen iPod Nano via a Plantronics Bluetooth dongle (that came with a BT headset called BackBeat). Music is clear and great. However, I am facing 2 big issues:
(1) I have to pair the Plantronics BT dongle to the Sena EVERYTIME I turn the Sena off/on (eg. stopping at lunch or arriving at work); and
Using the provided 3.5mm stereo audio cable was easy but would result in a relatively short accordion cord hanging from helmet to the iPod in my jacket pocket. Music volume is a tad soft though, but liveable.

So far still wondering how waterproof /resistant the Sena is (I believe either the Cardo or Interphone states it is waterproof)? We are taking off on a much longer ride to Thailand this weekend and seeing that it is rainy weather over here, we probably will get the chance to test the Sena in heavy rain… will report back after the trip.

Meanwhile, would appreciate any constructive thoughts/comments on the issues I mentioned. Thanks.
Sorry - haven't checked in here in a few days...

I am not familiar with the Plantronics BT dongle. It could be something with just your headset - have you tried to pair it with any of the one's your friends bought? Just curious. If it's only yours, we could get it excahnged for you. If it's all of them, I'd need to get with Sena to see if they have tested this dongle, or if the can get one to test with.

Regarding choosing between mobile phone and music... This all depends on how your phone works. Some phones will allow you to pair-up and use the A2DP stereo music profile for stereo music and phone calls, some not The iPhone does this -- it will pause the music during a phone call and then resume the music. Could be that your phone is in the 'some not' category.

Water resistant... have not heard of any issues in this regard, so far. The Sena is intended to be utilized in all sorts of weather conditions, and I have intended to give one of these an extended soaking, but haven't had a chance, yet. I wouldn't suggest scuba diving with it , but even heavy rain is OK.

Email me if you think there's an issue with your headset and the dongle, if it works OK with the others and we'll get you a replacement. Have a good trip - and how about some photos with your helmet on where we can see the Sena?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote