Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #241
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustykfd
Any one else updated their OS and lose volume on music? I used to be able to turn it up too loud for highway speeds (with earplugs) now with OS4 I can barely hear my music, but my phone is fine...........I am puzzled.
Rusty:

I did some research after we spoke and I haven't come up with anything.

A friend has a 3G, and I will connect up with him this coming week, since he updated to IOS4, as well. I will try his phone to see if the music volume is low. Stay tuned... film at eleven .
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #242
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
Got mine yesterday.

THEY ARE FANTASTIC.

I sold my Autocom for these and have ZERO regrets.

Paired right up with my Samsung Moment and each other with little issue.

Wife and I tested them.
I was able to sit in my office at home and talk with her while she meandered down the street for a 100 yards or so. It started to break up, but was still usable.

Sound quality is as good as my Autocom both stereo and the intercom.
The volume is great and easily heard with foamies over the wind noise in my Shoei Hornet DS.

A plus units thats for sure.
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #243
RAW
stamen in the sniffer

Oddometer: 3,838
Rocketmoto,

I sent you a PM a while back about pricing and never heard back.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #244
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 750
Having just arrived home from a long trip out west, I'll be another one who is totally pleased with the Senas. I bought the dual kit, and installed the second unit in the helmet of the buddy who went with me. Amazing sound clarity and I was continually surprised at the range. Around mountain curves, over hills - we never lost contact until WELL after I thought there was no way they could still work.

One evening we rode through a drenching rain for an hour and a half. The next morning, the right speaker in my helmet quit working. No way to be certain the rain caused it, but later that day it began working again, and I rode another 7 days straight with no further issues.

Incidentally, I have mine installed in a Shoei X-11. As others have done, I used a spoon to compress some of the styrofoam in the area of each speaker, and it worked great (not supposed to do it, helmet-makers don't condone it, YMMV and all that).

Battery life is excellent, too - at least now, while the units are still fairly new.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #245
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded

One evening we rode through a drenching rain for an hour and a half. The next morning, the right speaker in my helmet quit working. No way to be certain the rain caused it, but later that day it began working again, and I rode another 7 days straight with no further issues.
I have found on mine that the contacts between the headset and the unit itself can be "picky". I will sometimes loose a speaker if I "bump" the unit.
A quick "wiggle" of the unit and it comes right back.
I think it may get better as the rubber seal around the contacts softens up a bit with time. Right now it seems like it maybe putting a bit too much pressure on the unit pushing the contacts just slightly away from the base unit.
Chances are that was what happened with yours.
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #246
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
I have found on mine that the contacts between the headset and the unit itself can be "picky". I will sometimes loose a speaker if I "bump" the unit.
A quick "wiggle" of the unit and it comes right back.
Thanks for that - I'm sure that's what it was.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #247
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW
Rocketmoto,

I sent you a PM a while back about pricing and never heard back.
Hmmm... Sorry 'bout that.

Must have overlooked it - we get maybe 20-30 PM's a day here. I will reply back.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #248
Floridafeeger
n00b

Oddometer: 9
LOVE my Sena

Adam got me mine about a month ago, and boy it is great - use to have autocom but this unit is as good if not better in every respect - using Zumo 660 and Motorola Razor phone with no pairing issues - only complaint is I should have purchased earlier -
Floridafeeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #249
KiwiBri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafeeger
Adam got me mine about a month ago, and boy it is great - use to have autocom but this unit is as good if not better in every respect - using Zumo 660 and Motorola Razor phone with no pairing issues - only complaint is I should have purchased earlier -
Hey,
do you use the Zumo 660 as the hub for the phone and headset? I tried this but found it to be very noisy for my callers. When paired phone to the Sena directly, without GPS I found it work work amazing!
KiwiBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #250
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded

Battery life is excellent, too - at least now, while the units are still fairly new.
What kind of battery life are you getting? Would they stand up to being used for an 8 hour day before charging?

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #251
Lone-Rider
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am a street rider, but have gotten lots of good info from this board. Signed up today so I could ask a question.

I have been using a Zumo 550 with GXM30 antenna and a Starcom headset and cable setup to integrate GPS, XM, and phone as well as my radar detector through an audio mixer.

I have recently ordered a Zumo 665 and a Sena SMH10. After reading all I could find online, it seems that there may be no easy way to include the radar detector in the set up. I was hoping to just have it go to the wired input on the Sena, but sounds like that kills the BT connection which would be Zumo/XM/Phone.

Any ideas on how it could be made to work? I could put a BT dongle on the detector, but will the Sena connect with both the Zumo and another device and allow both at the same time?

Is going to a Radar Screamer or a separate wired speaker for the detector my only choice?

Any thoughts, ideas, or what others are doing would be helpful.
Lone-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #252
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Rider
Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am a street rider, but have gotten lots of good info from this board. Signed up today so I could ask a question.

I have been using a Zumo 550 with GXM30 antenna and a Starcom headset and cable setup to integrate GPS, XM, and phone as well as my radar detector through an audio mixer.

I have recently ordered a Zumo 665 and a Sena SMH10. After reading all I could find online, it seems that there may be no easy way to include the radar detector in the set up. I was hoping to just have it go to the wired input on the Sena, but sounds like that kills the BT connection which would be Zumo/XM/Phone.

Any ideas on how it could be made to work? I could put a BT dongle on the detector, but will the Sena connect with both the Zumo and another device and allow both at the same time?

Is going to a Radar Screamer or a separate wired speaker for the detector my only choice?

Any thoughts, ideas, or what others are doing would be helpful.
Do you want to use the Zumo paired to your mobile phone to make calls, or are you willing to pair it direct to the Sena? Paired to the Zumo will be a challenge. Paired direct to the phone, and then you can use a Teseract, MixIt, or Amplirider, along with a Bluetooth Stereo dongle connected to the mixer/amplifier. Connect Zumo audio out and radar audio out to the mixer in. Mixer output connected to the Dongle. Pair the dongle to the Sena.

You could do this - but I think it may be more cost or hassle than it's worth. Why not just keep the Starcom1?
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #253
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletoes
(2) It appears that I have to choose between either my Mobilephone function OR Music function… it just won’t accept both the Mobilephone and Music functions at the same time.
Does anyone have such an experience with the above? HELP!

If you use the 3.5mm jack for your iPod, it will disable any bluetooth function, i.e. the phone. It's in the manual, but they don't make a feature of it. Way round is to play music from your phone if you have the ability. Sadly you can't have both bluetooth phone and hardwired music.
Hmm...I don't have this problem. For music, I can hardwire my ipod Nano 5th Gen directly to my Sena via the provided accordion-type wire 3.5mm jack, whilst my Samsung SGHi780 PDA is connected to the Sena via Bluetooth. So far, i can receive incoming calls despite the hardwire - the music fades out and returns after that call is completed.
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #254
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradword
Solstice,

To me it sounds like you have your phone pairing as a mobile AND an mp3 player. I know on my droid it would connect as both, and then when I paired my iPod touch it would drop the droid all together.

I had to connect the droid, go into the bluetooth connection on the phone and disable the stereo part of the Bluetooth. Then connect the iPod touch and everything worked fine.
Thanks, Bradword. I will try this out. Cheers
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #255
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Question regarding charging:

Can you use, say, an apple iphone usb adapter, and plug the sena cable into it? Is it just a standard usb cable? Are all usb cables/chargers the same in terms of voltage, etc.?

That would really cut down on chargers in the bag.

--- D

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote