Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #3421
DonM
Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer: 222
Just subbing to this thread. Going BT soon.

Regards,

Don m
Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #3422
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,582
Okay, guys, now I have an issue. I got a new phone (Galaxy S5...pretty sweet!) and needed to pair it up. So, I deleted all the pairings from the SMH10 to start 'fresh'. No problem w/ pairing the phone to the SMH10. Phone and Music both working normally. But, I can't seem to get my SR10 re-paired to the SMH10. I'm going into multi-point pairing (I hear the audio prompt) on the SMH10, and I get the red and blue LEDs blinking fast on the SR10, but they just never seem to sync up. Any thoughts on how I can force this?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #3423
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,437
Did you delete pairings on both the SMH10 and SR10? I'm thinking reset all pairings and start fresh.

BTW, how do you like the S5? I'm looking at getting one in about a month. Will be my first smartphone.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #3424
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

I tried pushing the 'reset' on the SR10 (the little indent next to the pairing button, right?), but still no go. I'll give it another shot today after I've had a chance to review the manuals. I'm wondering now if the SR10 was somehow finding and trying to pair with my phone instead of the SMH10. I'll need to remember to turn off the BT on the phone while trying to pair the SR10 to the SMH10.

The S5 is pretty nice. Maybe not a huge upgrade from the S4, but coming from my S3, the screen is bigger & brighter with great colors, it's noticeably 'snappier' in terms of speed, the IPX rating is a plus (now I can mount it on the bars and use Google Maps), the fingerprint scanner is pretty cool, and battery life (so far) seems much better. Me likey.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #3425
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
I tried pushing the 'reset' on the SR10 (the little indent next to the pairing button, right?), but still no go. I'll give it another shot today after I've had a chance to review the manuals. I'm wondering now if the SR10 was somehow finding and trying to pair with my phone instead of the SMH10. I'll need to remember to turn off the BT on the phone while trying to pair the SR10 to the SMH10.
I'm not certain, but I don't think that reset removes pairings on the SR-10 (it definitely does not on the SMH-10). On the SMH-10 you should use the function menu to delete pairings.

On the SR-10:

1. To restore the SR10 to factory default settings, press and hold the pairing button for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid red.
2. Within 5 seconds, press the pairing button again to confirm reset. The SR10 will be restored to factory settings and switched off automatically after the blue LED flashes several times.
3. If you don't press the pairing button within 5 seconds, the reset attempt is canceled and the SR10 returns to standby mode.

-dan
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #3426
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks. Didn't see the paring delete in the SR10 Manual. But, still no go... Got the pairings deleted, the SMH10 does the fast double beep like it's waiting, but it won't pair up... hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #3427
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Lee,

I find the multiple beeps hard to go by, so instead I look for the red LED to be flashing rapidly to confirm that I'm in multi-point pairing mode on the SMH-10. You then have to be fairly quick on the phone button to get into this mode.

-dan
Old 04-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #3428
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

I hear the prompt say 'multipoint pairing' when I tap the phone button, but the LED on the SMH10 flashes blue, not red (IIRC, will double check when I'm back at the bike...).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #3429
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Lee,

My bad. Here's the whole sequence. My point was supposed to be that it's easy to miss the rapid red LED portion before hitting the phone button to get to the blue flashing stage.

1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.

2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to high tone double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Multipoint pairing”.

3. Turn on the SR10 and follow the SR10’s “Bluetooth Headset Pairing” procedure to complete the process. Please refer to the SR10 user's guide for details.

4. When the pairing is completed, you will hear a voice prompt saying “Your headset is paired”.

5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the SMH10 will return to stand-by mode.

-dan
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #3430
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Yep. Went through all of that. Tried on battery power, on bike power, with the audio devices connected, and with everything disconnected. All the lights on both the SMH10 and the SR10 flash as they are supposed to, but the SMH10 never finds the SR10. I even bit the bullet and upgraded the SMH10 to the latest firmware. I was going to re-flash the SR10, too, but the SENA Device manager is not finding it on the USB connection. I suspect something went bad with the SR10's I/O system. I guess it's time to drop SENA a line.

I'm probably going to drop SENA an email. I just checked my receipt for the SR10 - ordered 4/27 of last year, so I still got 2 weeks on the warranty.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #3431
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,879
Just ordered the SMH 10-11 Dual Pack from Amazon.
Really looking forward to getting it and putting it thru its paces.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #3432
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
Mr. Jerome Howard is indeed an inspiration. I finished my taxes too, and unless you are buying, there will be no celebratory beer.

I still need to do some fine tuning on my idea, such as trimming the sticky pad to clear the trim around the bottom of my Shoei and taking a "tidge" more material off the flange where the screws pass through. But it looks like it may possibly offer more protection against cracking than just filling in the blank space behind the mount.

In the attached photo, you can perhaps see the two support brackets that the tabs on the clamp mount slide into, toward the top of the mount, and some of the sticky mount showing behind the clamp mount.

-dan
Thanks Dan ...
I got distracted here, a mate of mine went and had a heart attack ... the dumbass... but it looks like he's going to pull thru fine.

I agree filling in the back adds only a little bit of value, if any, based on where we can fill in and where my last one cracked....

I'm thinking of "bedding" the two brackets together with some medium viscosity epoxy ... but perhaps it wouldn't stick well ...
another and maybe I'll get it together............
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #3433
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Yep. Went through all of that. Tried on battery power, on bike power, with the audio devices connected, and with everything disconnected. All the lights on both the SMH10 and the SR10 flash as they are supposed to, but the SMH10 never finds the SR10. I even bit the bullet and upgraded the SMH10 to the latest firmware. I was going to re-flash the SR10, too, but the SENA Device manager is not finding it on the USB connection. I suspect something went bad with the SR10's I/O system. I guess it's time to drop SENA a line.

I'm probably going to drop SENA an email. I just checked my receipt for the SR10 - ordered 4/27 of last year, so I still got 2 weeks on the warranty.
I had the same problem trying to update. The computer would find the device, but the Sena download manager couldn't find it. I emailed Sena and they told me to try another computer. I did with the same results. They had me send the unit in for replacement.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #3434
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Just ordered the SMH 10-11 Dual Pack from Amazon.
Really looking forward to getting it and putting it thru its paces.
I did too. Just got it in the mail the other day. Just waiting on the wife to read the manual so she can figure out how they work.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #3435
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Thanks Dan ...
I got distracted here, a mate of mine went and had a heart attack ... the dumbass... but it looks like he's going to pull thru fine.

I agree filling in the back adds only a little bit of value, if any, based on where we can fill in and where my last one cracked....

I'm thinking of "bedding" the two brackets together with some medium viscosity epoxy ... but perhaps it wouldn't stick well ...
another and maybe I'll get it together............
Glad your friend's prognosis is good.

My guess, and it is indeed a guess, is that the primary value of adding the sticky plate to the setup is that its brackets help hold the clamp during removal of the SMH-10 and it also fills in some of the gap, making for less stress when you tighten the clamp screws.

I plan to employ a new technique every time I remove the radio from the clamp, using either my thumb or other hand to maintain pressure on the upper part of the bracket, pressing toward the helmet, when unlatching the SMH-10.

-dan