Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #3496
smoky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
My speakers in my helmet stopped working.

Last year in July I got Sena headsets for my wife and I. They have worked great, and have been trouble-free until today.

My speakers quit today. My wife can hear me, but I get nothing. Not even the gal who welcomes you when you power up.

Any suggestions? I opened the helmet and all wiring looks good, no broken or frayed wires visible.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #3497
GAVic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
Last year in July I got Sena headsets for my wife and I. They have worked great, and have been trouble-free until today.

My speakers quit today. My wife can hear me, but I get nothing. Not even the gal who welcomes you when you power up.

Any suggestions? I opened the helmet and all wiring looks good, no broken or frayed wires visible.
Did you check the pins? I have one that is broke and I have read many others have had that problem as well. In my case it must be unused as everything seems to function. Maybe cleaning the contacts on the plate?
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #3498
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVic View Post
Did you check the pins? I have one that is broke and I have read many others have had that problem as well. In my case it must be unused as everything seems to function. Maybe cleaning the contacts on the plate?
yep, look at the pins on your unit to see if any are broken. You could also try mounting your unit on your wife's base or vice versa. That should at least tell you if it's an issue with the base or unless its obvious from a broken pin, if its the unit that something happened on.

BTW, make sure you check the volume on the unit and that you are turning it the right direction? If you've recently done a reset, it always seems to turn the volume so low you can't hear it.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #3499
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
Mr. Jerome Howard is indeed an inspiration. I finished my taxes too, and unless you are buying, there will be no celebratory beer.

I still need to do some fine tuning on my idea, such as trimming the sticky pad to clear the trim around the bottom of my Shoei and taking a "tidge" more material off the flange where the screws pass through. But it looks like it may possibly offer more protection against cracking than just filling in the blank space behind the mount.

In the attached photo, you can perhaps see the two support brackets that the tabs on the clamp mount slide into, toward the top of the mount, and some of the sticky mount showing behind the clamp mount.

-dan
Just getting a chance to look at this again ...
I had thought the adhesive mount plate to be a rigid part ...
In reality that would not work too well as it wouldn't fit the curvature of the various brands of helmet. Mine at least has two V-notches molded into it horizontally and one vertically to allow it to better conform to the shell of the helmet. So while it is not structural reinforcement in its self, when stuck to the helmet in conjunction and used in conjunction with the clamp I think it will beef things up considerably!

I'm on it, thanks Dan!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #3500
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Just getting a chance to look at this again ...
I had thought the adhesive mount plate to be a rigid part ...
In reality that would not work too well as it wouldn't fit the curvature of the various brands of helmet. Mine at least has two V-notches molded into it horizontally and one vertically to allow it to better conform to the shell of the helmet. So while it is not structural reinforcement in its self, when stuck to the helmet in conjunction and used in conjunction with the clamp I think it will beef things up considerably!

I'm on it, thanks Dan!
Yes, I'm hoping for added beef as well, even though, as you say, it is not a rigid frame. I'm more and more convinced that the key is not torquing the mount when removing the radio for charging or updating. The sticky mount assembly helps stabilize things where they are vulnerable to that torque.

-dan
Old 05-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #3501
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
Headset now pulls up Google instead of s voice on my galaxy s4. Google doesn't seem to work for a damn with the smh10. Not sure what I did to bring this about, but it sucks.
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #3502
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3doug View Post
Headset now pulls up Google instead of s voice on my galaxy s4. Google doesn't seem to work for a damn with the smh10. Not sure what I did to bring this about, but it sucks.
You probably reset your default voice app to Google. You need to go into the Application Mgr and clear the default for Google Now and get it set back to S Voice.

Goto
Home Screen -> Settings -> More -> Application Manager
Locate Google Search (or what ever its called) and see if you can "clear defaults". You might see if anything is set on "S Voice" also.

Then turn on the headset, let it pair to your phone and push the phone button. Watch your phone and see if it prompts you to use Google Now or S Voice. Select the one you want and check the box that "defaults" it to always use it.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #3503
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

I reset everything yesterday but it never prompted me to choose between s voice or Google. This morning I went in and turned off Google search. All is well in the world
Old 05-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #3504
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,143
Anybody find a usb battery pack charger that works with the Sena?

I bought this and and it will charge everything but my headsets. Comes on and charges for a minute then shuts down.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #3505
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

I charged my headset with my anker ASTRO E5 last night. I used the lower powered port as my phone was charging on the faster side.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D5T...&robot_redir=1
Old 05-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #3506
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Quote:
I charged my headset with my anker ASTRO E5 last night. I used the lower powered port as my phone was charging on the 2amp side.

Do you have the latest firmware installed?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #3507
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

I should, I updated on friday
Old 05-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #3508
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

http://www.amazon.com/15000mAh-Porta.../dp/B00D5T3QK4

This is what I have
Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #3509
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Quote:
I should, I updated on friday

hmmmm? I have a pair of them and they both shut off after charging for a minute.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #3510
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

First time I tried it was last night, worked fine.

Beats me.