User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #556
frelay
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello,

Since mine was new and it failed on first install. I shipped it back directly to the manufacturer. It shoud get there Wednesday. I'll see what they have to say if they say anything about it. I hope that they will send me a nother new one quickly so I can install it again and see how it performs.

Needless to say that I will be extra carefull with that right speaker wire/install.

Thanks!
frelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #557
Lmar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevequest2000 View Post
I'd just like to see it mounted to a full-face helmet. I haven't even been able to find any pictures of it in use on one. It feels like no one has bought one yet. I'm leaning to the F4, but want the Sena's 3.5mm input jack.
If you check the Sena website, there is a gallery that has pics of quite a few helmets.
Lmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:44 AM   #558
adventurecycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by spntshell View Post
My right speaker is intermittently cutting out too, but I am committed to a long trip and cannot deal with it till I get back
Mine did the same thing and I was told to send the unit in and they would fix/replace it. It is boxed up sitting on my desk. Customer service has been great so far!
Other than that I have had my SMH10 for almost a year and it has really worked great for me and my iPhone!

2002 BMW R1150GS
adventurecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:10 AM   #559
adventurecycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevequest2000 View Post
I'd just like to see it mounted to a full-face helmet. I haven't even been able to find any pictures of it in use on one. It feels like no one has bought one yet. I'm leaning to the F4, but want the Sena's 3.5mm input jack.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2002 BMW R1150GS
adventurecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #560
lilmonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Just got my dual kit and installed on my Arai Profile and Arai XD-3. Both went on super easy and I was able to get them paired in sync'd up with one another very easily. Very straightforward install and seems like they did their homework and hired a decent designer to make the instructions and packaging friendly and easy to understand.

Since we are suffering through the snowpocolypse right now, I can't say how they work on bike just yet, but I'll report back soon.

I'll post some pics on both helmet tomorrow.

Previous:
2010 BMW F650GS 1989 Honda Transalp 1989 Honda Hawk NT650 1980 Honda Hawk CB400
lilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #561
jrbloise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Sena > New Stuff Coming Soon!

Just visited Sena's web site and found some new stuff they are comming out with soon. The SPH10 is a Bluetooth v2.1 Class 1 Stereo Headset with long-range Bluetooth Intercom designed specifically for motorcycle riders without helmet.

The SR10 is a Bluetooth v2.1 Class 1 PTT(Push-To-Talk) adapter for two way radios. Now you can add two way radio or radar detector to your personal audio network based on Bluetooth technology.

I didn't notice any pricing, but these items (especially the SR10) might be needed by many riders.

John (not affiliated with Sena, just a happy SMH-10 owner).
jrbloise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #562
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
Very cool. I was just saying to a class the other day that the time is rapidly approaching for a bluetooth solution to FRS setups.
I will be picking up one of those if they are reasonably priced.

The SPH10 would also be good for UTV and Jeep owners. Something you could use to talk vehicle to vehicle hands free for short distances if you didn't want to hassle with CB radio or FRS.
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #563
MechsHands
n00b

Oddometer: 6
First time poster. Found the site as I was searching for reviews on the Sena SMH10. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting the information and feedback both good and bad. I spent the morning reading through all 38 pages. I was amazed it was that long and my wife kept laughing at me as I read through it all.

I'd pretty much made up my mind that I wanted the Sena SMH10. After reading through everything here only confirmed that. Yes i do wish it had the conference ability so that everyone in a group could talk with everyone, but maybe in their next generation. For now its mostly the Mrs and I.

I currently run an mp3 player, with helmet speakers and a booster. It works ok, minus the wires. But I wanted to be able to talk with the mrs so was looking at options.

Its also clear how great of service that Adam and dave give at rocketmoto. Sadly great customer service seems hard to find at times.

Thanks again everyone.

MH
MechsHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #564
OldSchool750
Old Rider

Oddometer: 102
The adapter for use with FRS will be a great addition to the Sena and will solve the conferencing problem. It will be interesting to see how it connects in to the existing arrangement.

I've had the Sena for almost a year and there is still nothing I dislike about it.
OldSchool750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #565
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Well I have joined the SMH 10 club. I think this is the best B.T option on the market at the moment. My issues were decent audio fidelity, it is not hi fi, but pretty good compared to other systems, Connectivity, ease of use , quality . I have all the issues with Zumo 660 and iPhone 4 but think I can solve by connecting the Zumo to a B.T transmitter and the iPhone direct, more functions with iPhone direct. Got to say at $299.00 odd for a pair it is value !
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #566
swannie
scooter tramp

Oddometer: 131
Talked to a SENA rep yesterday. the SR10 adaptor is to be unveiled at the dealer meetings this weekend and they hope to have out approx 60 days later to US! no price yet.........
Growing old is mandatory - Growing up is optional
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #567
sparkletoes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
More info and images about this in the link below. Also had a reply from Sang-Jin about features request. He said the inputs were mono, so no go for stereo music from Zumo 550. However, on the upside, the new unit can be powered whilst in use, though its battery life looks good for a good long touring day. Roll on late spring!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...sr10/index.htm

Hope this helps, though no indication of price.

sparkletoes screwed with this post 02-21-2011 at 03:41 PM Reason: Doh! Link was incorrect
sparkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #568
ESPRider
Say what again...

Oddometer: 99
Jabra 210

I bought a Jabra 210 for $20 to link my Zumo 550 to my Sena and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-A120s-Bl...8381533&sr=8-1

I'm not sure how long the battery lasts, but I used it Sunday for a day's ride and the battery was still going strong.

It linked up easily to my Sena and to my bt headphones I use at the gym. No more running on the treadmill and yanking the wires out of my skull, whilst tripping ever so non-delicately at 5-6 mph while watching TV in the crowded gym.

Pros:
easy setup
battery life
it just works...
can connect to multiple devices.

Cons:
The power button is flush with the unit, but I was still able to press it with my elkskin gloves. I'm not sure if you could press it in with thicker gloves though.
The charger is mini-usb. Which means I need another charger or adapter to carry with me. I have a micro-usb for my phone, the sena, the jabra...

Has anyone taken a long trip with their setup? How do you work it?
I'm thinking I need a 4 port USB charger to plug in to my socket. Then use black tape to 'water proof' the connections to: my sena, my wife's sena, my wife's phone/ipod, the jabra.

That is assuming these devices can charge while in use.

ESPRider screwed with this post 02-22-2011 at 05:52 AM
ESPRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #569
LT782
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Indeed

Received a dual set on 2-19. Up and running on the 20th. No problems. At 60mph passenger and I could just hear each other. A check at home revealed ear speaker(all four) placement was off over an inch for each of us. Move the speakers to the center of the ear and volume had to be turned down to half or less at 60 mph. A Jabra 120 attached to my gf's walkman MP3 works perfect. I still have to set up my Mix-it with radar detector and Garmin 7200 with another Jabra 120 for my use.
Phone and intercom work well.

Yesterday I kept getting asked for voice command and voice command timing out and it interrupted the intercom. Might somehow have been changed to VOX as it occurred every 2-3 minutes. Will check it out later today.

Service by Adam and Rocketmoto was helpful and outstanding.

LT782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #570
PeteO
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Sena Dualpack first thoughts

Just got my Dual setup and here are my first thoughts:

1. Rocket Moto is my new favorite company. I was actually able to talk to a live person, Adam, who spent a good deal of time with me answering my questions. He seemed genuinely interested in getting the correct product for me, not just making an easy sale. On top of that the price he offered is the lowest anywhere. Do business here.

2. Shipping was quick and the product arrived intact and without blemish.

3. Setup was easy. I went online and watched an instructional video on the installation. There just isn’t that much to it. One thing I did run into is that I cannot get the clamp to slide all the way onto my helmet. The bottom pad has a long plastic tab that slips behind the inside helmet liner to hold the pad in place. Although the clamp will open up enough to slide over the liner I would have to cut a hole in the plastic tab to allow it to slide through. This was not necessary, however. I just slid the clamp on as far as it would go and then tightened it. Even though there is a gap between the edge of the helmet and the “U” of the clamp it fits very secure. I can hold the clamp and then shake the helmet and the clamp goes nowhere. I might revisit this later to clean up the look but for now there are no worries.
The rest of the installation was nothing. Just ran the cables behind the helmet pads and placed the headphones in the ear holes. I used the Velcro to hold the headphones in place. The fit is very nice. The clearance for the clamp is fine. I rode this morning and had no issues with turning my head or any other position. I cannot even tell the headphones are in the helmet. This was a problem with my Chatterbox as my ears would start to hurt after about 30 minutes. The boom mike also fits well, although I have let my goatee run amuck lately and it is kinda like sticking a twig into the shrubs!

4. Pairing was also VERY easy. Turned on the Sena unit and Bluetooth on my Iphone and it paired automatically. Could not have been easier.

5. Using the controls is also very easy. There are, however, several different combinations to do the various functions that are available. This will take just a little practice to remember all of the combos. Start out at your house then make sure your first ride is someplace with lite traffic as you WILL get distracted. I was in 7:45 a.m. traffic and I just had to stop fiddling with the controls. Just waited till I got to work and then played around with them while reading the manual.

6. Now to the one item that will take you the longest to get right and that is sound. As other posters have said speaker placement is critical. The adjustments that you are able to make cannot be more than a couple of millimeters in distance; however the sound quality can be affected SIGNIFICANTLY by those movements. What I did was to put my helmet on and then start my IPod. I then moved my helmet around. Just a slight movement greatly increased the volume and clarity of the sound. I then just took the helmet off and moved the speakers around in the same direction I had moved the helmet. The sound is now very good and loud. That being said the setup is just not conducive to some kind of concert hall experience. While you are sitting still the bass to treble range is nice but there is some washout at speed. The sound is still very good and much better than my old Chatterbox but if you are really anal about this then an earbud solution might be best.

Well that is it for my first post. Will be doing a Big Bend ride next week so I will do a follow-up on my experience!

PeteO screwed with this post 03-03-2011 at 01:22 PM
PeteO is offline   Reply With Quote