Mine is on the way to me now!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #572
OSUFZ1
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
My question, however is that my phone conversations are completely unintelligibly to the person on the other end. I have tried routing the phone through my Garmin 665, and also just through the Sena. No luck- either way, they person on the other end cannot understand what I am saying.

When I use them in intercom mode, they are both completely understandable, all the way to my 80MPH highway speed, so I know the mike works correctly, so it is obviously something wrong with the bluetooth link to my phone.
Thanks!
I am having exact same issue with my cell phone through the Sena. With the intercom my riding pal can hear me but when I make a cell call I can hear the other person but they can't hear me.

RCHRDS - did you find a solution to this or does anyone have ideas?
OSUFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #573
knottsav
returned n00b

Oddometer: 2
anyone in NZ / Aus using these?

Curious if any riders in NZ (or someone who has toured in NZ) has used these? Especially bike to bike. Curious about the range on our winding roads as we're often not LOS when riding.

Water resistant. How water resistant? What is the wettest you have ridden with them and how did they fare?
knottsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #574
Lartech
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Wet

Knottsav, I can't speak to the range in the mountains as I used these riding two up. But I can tell you, last summer, I rode in down pours a dozen times and the units were not phased. They continued to operate as normal.
Lartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #575
gosling1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartech View Post
Knottsav, I can't speak to the range in the mountains as I used these riding two up. But I can tell you, last summer, I rode in down pours a dozen times and the units were not phased. They continued to operate as normal.
+1 on what he said...
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #576
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFZ1 View Post
I am having exact same issue with my cell phone through the Sena. With the intercom my riding pal can hear me but when I make a cell call I can hear the other person but they can't hear me.

RCHRDS - did you find a solution to this or does anyone have ideas?
Hmmm...

What sort of mobile phone(s) are we talking about, here?

Here's what I'd like you to try - reset the Sena back to factory default - page 16 of the manual.

Delete all Bluetooth pairings from your mobile phone, and power cycle the phone. Initiate the pairing from the phone to Sena. If the phone has a 'hands-free' profile in the BT settings, see if you can use that, instead of the 'headset' or 'music' profile.

If no glory, then try pairing to a different type/brand/model of phone. It's not uncommon to have some compatibility issues between Bluetooth devices.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #577
KnuckC
F8er

Oddometer: 199
For those of you interested in the quality of Sena's customer support here is my story:

I bought a dual set from a local dealer. A few weeks after using it successfully I started to have problems with volume levels on one of the sets and eventually the right speaker stopped working all together. The dealer replaced it with another one they had in stock. Over time the same issues recurred with both units this time and ultimately one unit wouldn't start up at all. Having read many posts from happy users I figured that my dealer must have received a bad batch so I contacted Sena directly and promptly received a reply and RMA number. I sent the defective units to them and about two weeks later received two new units. Being in Canada, the nasty customs people erroneously charged $60 for duty which I had to pay if I wanted delivery. When I advised Sena of this they took responsibility and within a week I received a cheque for the 60 bucks. So far no issues with the new sets.

Thank is what I call great service.
KnuckC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #578
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckC View Post
For those of you interested in the quality of Sena's customer support here is my story:

I bought a dual set from a local dealer. A few weeks after using it successfully I started to have problems with volume levels on one of the sets and eventually the right speaker stopped working all together. The dealer replaced it with another one they had in stock. Over time the same issues recurred with both units this time and ultimately one unit wouldn't start up at all. Having read many posts from happy users I figured that my dealer must have received a bad batch so I contacted Sena directly and promptly received a reply and RMA number. I sent the defective units to them and about two weeks later received two new units. Being in Canada, the nasty customs people erroneously charged $60 for duty which I had to pay if I wanted delivery. When I advised Sena of this they took responsibility and within a week I received a cheque for the 60 bucks. So far no issues with the new sets.

Thank is what I call great service.
As a proud new owner of a Sena SMH10, I'm very happy to hear that Sena responded so well. I love stories of manufacturers that step up so quickly to make things right.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #579
rbcathlos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I'm not sure if I should have made a new thread for this question, but here it goes.

Installation on my helmet was a snap. I paired the SMH10 with my LG NV3 cell phone without problem. I can use my phone as an mp3 player, scroll though my music library, access my phone book, make and recieve telephone calls with out a problem. I bought a Jabra A120s bluetooth dongle to connect my Garmin 2720 Gps. The Jabra will pair with the SMH10, but I loose my abiblity to play music through the NV3. The abiblity to received and send telephone calls is unhampered. Anybody know how or if I can pair the Garmin via the Jabra and keep my cellphone paired to play music and take calls?
rbcathlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #580
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcathlos View Post
I'm not sure if I should have made a new thread for this question, but here it goes.

Installation on my helmet was a snap. I paired the SMH10 with my LG NV3 cell phone without problem. I can use my phone as an mp3 player, scroll though my music library, access my phone book, make and recieve telephone calls with out a problem. I bought a Jabra A120s bluetooth dongle to connect my Garmin 2720 Gps. The Jabra will pair with the SMH10, but I loose my abiblity to play music through the NV3. The abiblity to received and send telephone calls is unhampered. Anybody know how or if I can pair the Garmin via the Jabra and keep my cellphone paired to play music and take calls?
It sounds as if your Sena headset is paired to your phone on both of the supported BT profiles - the hands-free profile, and the A2DP profile. Hands-free for phone calls, and A2DP for the MP3 player. The Jabra is a stereo A2DP adapter, and you can't have two simultaneous A2DP (or hands-free devices) paired to the Sena. This is a limitation of BT technology, today. *IF* the Sena had two A2DP profiles in its software, you could pair two A2DP devices, and have them both active at the same time.

Using a separate MP3 player, you could pair the Sena to your phone, on the hands-free profile, and then hard-wire the stereo output of the Garmin and MP3 to a mixer/amplifier, such as the Mixit or Ampli-rider. The Jabra dongle would plug into the output of the amplifier, and pair that on the A2DP stereo profile of your Sena.

Am I making sense here?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #581
worwig
Lost in Georgia

Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcathlos View Post
I bought a Jabra A120s bluetooth dongle to connect my Garmin 2720 Gps. The Jabra will pair with the SMH10, but I loose my abiblity to play music through the NV3.

Same problem here.

You basically need a non-stereo BT dongle. The Sena won't pair with the two stereo players at one time.

Bummer.

I haven't found one yet. Luckily, most of my music, GPS, etc. all comes from my smart phone. I seldom care to hear the Garmin anyway.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #582
bradkb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Wow 40 pages, some good tips, been a lurker on here for ages, finally this has kicked me in the butt to register.

Tried other makes, went through 4 Midland BT2 headsets, various problems, when it worked, it was superb, really improved a journey, when it didnt or had problems - major pain in the aris....

This looks like the puppy, bit worried being in the UK ordering from the US, anyone else in the UK ordered this? Were you stung with duty? How much?
bradkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #583
Magile
"What exit?"

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradkb View Post
...This looks like the puppy, bit worried being in the UK ordering from the US, anyone else in the UK ordered this? Were you stung with duty? How much?
Maybe this is a possibility -http://www.ultimatebikegear.co.uk/ca...ms/Sena-SMH10/

or - http://www.championmotouk.com/produc...-pid11723.html

Cheers, M.
Magile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #584
sparkyman
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I bought the duel pack a couple of months ago and I was really impressed with them but just recently I had a bit of a problem with one of the mics not working, what I found was that although I am very carefull when putting the unit onto the base I must have bent one of the little pins.
Be very carefull when putting the unit together!!!
sparkyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #585
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,115
Pairing to iPhone 3Gs for both phone and MP3 player?

Ok I apologize, I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't find it...

I just installed my SMH10 and for the time being am ONLY pairing it to an iPhonn 3Gs. I put the Sena into pairing mode and the iPhone found it and it seems to work fine - voice control will work once I memorize the lingo, and answering the phone, playing music, adjusting the volume is all good.

BUT the track forward/back and pause/play music functions don't seem to work - is that because the Sena sees the iPhone as "just" a phone?
TIA!

Jim
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote