Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #856
two-dogs
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I hope there upgrade is better than the old one, I have had to replace the speaker unit 5 times. I wrote sena about getting a replacement at a discount since it has been more than a year (year and 2 months). I sure was hoping that they would last at least 2 years because we can't ride without them now. Anybody else experience a problem with the right speaker going out on there unit and is there a fix for it other than replacing it..........thanks...........two-dogs
two-dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #857
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-dogs View Post
I hope there upgrade is better than the old one, I have had to replace the speaker unit 5 times. I wrote sena about getting a replacement at a discount since it has been more than a year (year and 2 months). I sure was hoping that they would last at least 2 years because we can't ride without them now. Anybody else experience a problem with the right speaker going out on there unit and is there a fix for it other than replacing it..........thanks...........two-dogs
I thought my right speaker went dead but the velcro slipped off the material inside the helmet and it fell away from my ear while riding.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
TommyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #858
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,146
Quote:
You'll have to read the fine print, but maybe you have 2-years of warranty:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/contact...20110511_1.php
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #859
MSGulfCoaST
Just Ride

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Had that exact thing happen right after the start of a 1200 mile trip. Right speaker just started cutting in/out randomly while slabbing it then it went out completely for the remainder of the trip. Unit was only 7-8 months old so Sena replaced it without an issue. Now one of the units isn't holding a charge but about a day even when turned off.

Ordered the upgrades so I guess it will get repaired and sent to someone else!
MSGulfCoaST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #860
Propfrwrd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Got mine today, and I have to say LIGHTNING fast shipping and excellent communication. Just waiting for it to charge, but my only concern is that the USB plug doesn't fit as tightly as the DC jack. I'm sure it will be fine though.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #861
Lartech
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:

Yes, I had both right speakers fail on a dual set. Both were replaced under warranty. We'll see how long the new one lasts.
Lartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #862
scootertrog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propfrwrd View Post
Got mine today, and I have to say LIGHTNING fast shipping and excellent communication. Just waiting for it to charge, but my only concern is that the USB plug doesn't fit as tightly as the DC jack. I'm sure it will be fine though.
Got my upgrade kit today as well. The only potential issue I see, is that there is no external "round" mp3 input, it's only "USB" shaped. Does this mean no more direct mp3 input? Also, exactly what do we return? Just the main unit, the main unit and old charge cord, or everything that plugged directly into the main unit, minus the main charger unit? There were no return instructions with the new units.
scootertrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #863
Lartech
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrog View Post
Got my upgrade kit today as well. The only potential issue I see, is that there is no external "round" mp3 input, it's only "USB" shaped. Does this mean no more direct mp3 input? Also, exactly what do we return? Just the main unit, the main unit and old charge cord, or everything that plugged directly into the main unit, minus the main charger unit? There were no return instructions with the new units.
The MP3 plug in is on the mounting base not the actual unit itself..

I was considering the upgrade myself and would like to know the answer to the ? as to what all needs sent back/what all is received.
Lartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #864
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrog View Post
My unit was shipped out yesterday.

The socket for the mp3 player's 3.5 mm TRS plug is on the part that is still attached to your helmet, not on the removable part with the wheel. That didn't change.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #865
Propfrwrd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Quote:
The upgrade is just for the jog dial unit, not the base.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #866
scootertrog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartech View Post
The MP3 plug in is on the mounting base not the actual unit itself..
lol..... my bad.
scootertrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #867
Macho Man2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Sena

I had used my original Sena for a 15 months and loved it, never had any issues. I ordered the new unit upgrade and paid for it to be sent first so as to not be without the unit. All you have to send back is the main unit the jog dial if you will and i received my refund in 3 days of my deposit.
Bill
Macho Man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #868
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Upgrade kit has arrived. The unit has the latest firmware.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #869
ovityons
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
My Sena SMH10 arrived yesterday, I upgraded the SMH10 firmware to V3.1 and that fixed the problems I was having with my LG VX8600 phone with firmware 3.0,
It connected to my HP bluetooth dongle that connects to my Sat radio but I have to pair the device each time I use it. I think that's just the way that dongle is designed to work.

I like the SMH10 a lot, it was easy to install on my Nolan X-lite X-1002 modular Helmet and my wife's Kiwi K21 full face helmet.

I am thinking about replacing the bluetooth dongle that I use to send music from my Sat radio to the SMH10 does anyone have any recommendations on a good bluetooth transmitter dongle? I would really like one that can be powered from the bike rather than having to re-charge it, I would also like one that pairs up automatically with the SMH10 when turned on.

Kevin
ovityons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #870
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovityons View Post
I am thinking about replacing the bluetooth dongle that I use to send music from my Sat radio to the SMH10 does anyone have any recommendations on a good bluetooth transmitter dongle? I would really like one that can be powered from the bike rather than having to re-charge it, I would also like one that pairs up automatically with the SMH10 when turned on.

Kevin
I have this one (Scosche MINI Universal Bluetooth Transmitter IUBTT) - http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-a...-32399915.html. Found it on ebay pretty cheap. I use also to pump out my XM radio from my GPS. In my case though, I use it in conjunction with the Jabra BT3030 dog tag type BT receiver with my ER6i earphones. In my case, the BT3030 always dies before the Scoche IUBTT one. In fact I've never seen the Scoche one die on me. It seems to have a really great battery life and it doesn't need to be re-synced every time you turn it on. I have both setup to charge on the bike, so if I know I'll be riding all day, I give them a little charge up at stops and have no problem making it through the day.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote