Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #91
Stomp
Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp
The VOX mode has a 2 beep mode that goes every 8 seconds. This isn't the issue.
I contacted Sena and here's what they said.

"Thank you for using Sena products, SMH10.
I am sorry for your inconvenience.

We fixed low battery warning beep issue on second manufactured lot(version 1.2.0).
I would like you to contact our sales partner, which you have bought our device from and ask him to change it.

If you have additional questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact me any time.
Thanks.

HJ Jeon
Sena Technologies, Inc.
Customer Support Engineer "

So, it does have something to do with the charge, though it's only on full charge, not low battery, that mine has an issue. After I use mine for ~1 hour, the 3 beeps go away.
Well, I'm going to give another and s to Sena for their customer service. I sent a simple email asking about the beeps and they're sending me a brand new unit, no questions asked! Apparently, they don't want any bad evaluations flying around in the digital age of forums like this.

Just another Sena bump from this satisfied user.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #92
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
2 New Senas on order

Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered two new Sena SMH10's from Mr Hit.com
cant wait till they get here.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #93
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Thumb

Works great in stereo with my iPhone 2G (jailbroken to get the profiles obviously. I have used a profile selector to turn the hands free profile off so I don't dial out on accident).

I tested mine with a cable to compare against the bluetooth. Back to back I could hear some minor distortion... while standing in my garage... with no bike running or wind noise...

In general though the only difference is that you don't have to screw around with wires. I can't believe how well it works actually. I ordered from Mr Hit on a Thursday night late and had the thing Monday via USPS express. These guys must be on top of shipping their stuff the same day.
push_bars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #94
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by push_bars
Works great in stereo with my iPhone 2G (jailbroken to get the profiles obviously. I have used a profile selector to turn the hands free profile off so I don't dial out on accident).
wait! that would solve this problem?
Zumo 550 uses only Handsfree (more technically it uses Headset Profile),
not Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile. But iPhone uses two profiles at the
same time, Headset Profile and Bluetooth Profile. So, technically with
the SMH10, you can use Zumo 550 for Handsfree (including navigation
also), and iPhone only for Stereo Music. However, iPhone does not allow
you to choose the Stereo Music profile only. So you have to replace the
iPhone/Sena SMH10 Handsfree connection to the iPhone/Zumo connection
(Handsfree) and Zumo/Sena SMH10 connection (Handsfree) remaining only
iPhone/Sena SMH10 Stereo Music connection.

1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #95
Stomp
Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
wait! that would solve this problem?
Zumo 550 uses only Handsfree (more technically it uses Headset Profile),
not Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile. But iPhone uses two profiles at the
same time, Headset Profile and Bluetooth Profile. So, technically with
the SMH10, you can use Zumo 550 for Handsfree (including navigation
also), and iPhone only for Stereo Music. However, iPhone does not allow
you to choose the Stereo Music profile only. So you have to replace the
iPhone/Sena SMH10 Handsfree connection to the iPhone/Zumo connection
(Handsfree) and Zumo/Sena SMH10 connection (Handsfree) remaining only
iPhone/Sena SMH10 Stereo Music connection.

I believe so. Push_bars, which profile selector app are you using? I've found a few on Cydia, but they look fairly cumbersome.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #96
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
It shows as BTPS on the app icon... and is called Bluetooth Profile Selector in Cydia. The profiles come from a package called iPhone 2G: tethering, MMS, bluetooth. It is from the iphonemod.br repository source (which is a separate add - http://cydia.iphonemod.com.br). I also have swapBT installed for a one click on/off bluetooth switch icon.

When launched it has a list of all of my paired devices, my macbook pro and the sena in this case. For the MBP I have only the net sharing profile. For the Sena I have the remote, a2dp and handsfree (which is turned off now).
push_bars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #97
SoCalJeff
In the wind

Oddometer: 211
For those who may not have seen the group but thread, here it is:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573145
SoCalJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #98
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,731
anyone tried to use the charger while riding? can you still use the bike to bike while charging?
IBA #42016

my ride reports

Follow my current ride
lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #99
Floridafeeger
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Another Order Headed toward Rocketmoto.com

Communicated via email with Dave at Rocketmoto tonight - he responded extremely fast to my email - I am placing my order tomorrow for the Sena SMH10 - yippie..I have a ZUMO 660 and this forum has convinced me to get this intercom AND to get it from Rocketmoto.com.....they rock !
Floridafeeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #100
Wingspan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakota
anyone tried to use the charger while riding? can you still use the bike to bike while charging?
Yes and yes. This is one of the reasons I chose the Sena and have a 12v socket on my powered tankbox just for this purpose:

Wingspan screwed with this post 05-06-2010 at 07:54 PM
Wingspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 AM   #101
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,731
[quote=Wingspan]Yes and yes. This is one of the reasons I chose the Sena and have a 12v socket on my powered tankbox just for this purpose:

Wingspan
thanks
that may may tipped the scale for me to go to Sena despite having perfectly funcitoning Blue Ant Interphones, albeit last generation ones.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

Follow my current ride
lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #102
Tarnsman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Ordered

I just ordered a pair from MrHit.com
Tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #103
TYOzzy
TYOzzy

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
I emailed Sena asking about earbuds and FM. Here's the response

Dear Jim

Thank you for your Email.

Sena is planning to introduce optional microphones for flip-up helmets, fullface helmets as supplementary accessories and and earbuds version. It is a form of internal boom microphone that could be attached inside of flip-up helmets. Fullface helmet version is a wired microphone.

They will be available in a month.

We don't have a plan which support FM radio.
Hello... This is my first post in the ADV forums so hopefully I'm doing it right. :)

I've read so many reviews on so many Bluetooth motorcyle headsets that my head is spinning, but I finally pulled the tripper and purchased the Sena SMH10. Of course after I did it, hubby says... "Does it have FM radio?" Ugh... I thought so but I guess it was one of the other 50 thousand descriptions I read. :) So, now that I know that the Sena doesn't have FM radio, can I buy a Bluetooth FM transmitter and pair it to the Sena? I would think so, but the way my luck is going who knows. If anyone knows of an inexpensive one that will work, please pass it on. We've spent way too much on our bikes as it is in the last few months. :)

I'll post how well they work once we get them and give them a try. I'm a little leary because my hubby has a half shell and mine is a full. I'm also a little leary because I can't seem to find very many individual reviews. Most all I found went directly back to the WebBikeWorld reviews.

Thanks in advance for the help in advance!
TYOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #104
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYOzzy
Hello... This is my first post in the ADV forums so hopefully I'm doing it right. :)

I've read so many reviews on so many Bluetooth motorcyle headsets that my head is spinning, but I finally pulled the tripper and purchased the Sena SMH10. Of course after I did it, hubby says... "Does it have FM radio?" Ugh... I thought so but I guess it was one of the other 50 thousand descriptions I read. :) So, now that I know that the Sena doesn't have FM radio, can I buy a Bluetooth FM transmitter and pair it to the Sena? I would think so, but the way my luck is going who knows. If anyone knows of an inexpensive one that will work, please pass it on. We've spent way too much on our bikes as it is in the last few months. :)

I'll post how well they work once we get them and give them a try. I'm a little leary because my hubby has a half shell and mine is a full. I'm also a little leary because I can't seem to find very many individual reviews. Most all I found went directly back to the WebBikeWorld reviews.

Thanks in advance for the help in advance!
IMOP, the built in FM radio that some headsets have like the Scala Q2's and G4's is just not worth it and would have been better left off anyways. I'm not sure why your husband wants the FM? Unless you are just riding in a big city, good luck picking up any stations, and even getting it to find a station from an FM modulator device is nearly impossible. Changing stations on those headests with FM is cumbersome at best also.

If your husband is wanting to do something like stream XM music to his Sena and was thinking of using the built in FM modulator on the XM radio, you are better off just buying a bluetooth dongle transmitter that you plug into the audio outport of the XM radio (or whatever device it is) and stream it to the Sena over BT. You will have much better luck and good sound that way.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #105
DudeLebowski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the Sena, but have a couple of lingering questions and was wondering if you all that already one them could help.

1) How many individual riders can participate in the same conference? I've heard conflicting information. I've seen up to 4 altogether, while others say you can pair with up to 3 other riders, but you have to switch channels to communicate with each individually which isn't really a "conference". Can you please clarify?

2) Has anyone used the speakers in a Shoei X-Eleven? This helmet has a tight fit against the ears already and I'm concerned I won't have room for the speakers.

Thanks in advance for your help.
DudeLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote