User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #1111
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,147
Using Android and Wired iPod

I want to be able to listen to my non-bluetooth iPod Classic, be able to talk to my wife via the intercom (after pushing the jog dial), and answer the odd phone call that might come my way. I understand that the priority is phone over intercom, intercom over (wired) iPod. ...perfect

My question is: is there a trick to connecting to an android and listening to my ipod via cable? I haven't quite figured it out yet. It seems like I may need to turn on both helmets, then turn on the bluetooth on the android, let the android connect up to the SMH10, then plug in the cable running to the ipod. Does this make since? It seems as if I plug in the ipod wire to the SMH10 prior to connecting to the android, the android will not hook up to the SMH10 via bluetooth.

Thanks in advance
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #1112
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
I want to be able to listen to my non-bluetooth iPod Classic, be able to talk to my wife via the intercom (after pushing the jog dial), and answer the odd phone call that might come my way. I understand that the priority is phone over intercom, intercom over (wired) iPod. ...perfect

My question is: is there a trick to connecting to an android and listening to my ipod via cable? I haven't quite figured it out yet. It seems like I may need to turn on both helmets, then turn on the bluetooth on the android, let the android connect up to the SMH10, then plug in the cable running to the ipod. Does this make since? It seems as if I plug in the ipod wire to the SMH10 prior to connecting to the android, the android will not hook up to the SMH10 via bluetooth.

Thanks in advance
Have you considered a large sd card in the phone and using the DoubleTwist app to sync from itunes to the phone? That way music and phone are both BT and you don't need the ipod and its wire. Doubletwist works pretty well for me.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #1113
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Have you considered a large sd card in the phone and using the DoubleTwist app to sync from itunes to the phone? That way music and phone are both BT and you don't need the ipod and its wire. Doubletwist works pretty well for me.
The android is new to me, so no, I hadn't considered that. How much music can go on one of those cards?
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #1114
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:
The android is new to me, so no, I hadn't considered that. How much music can go on one of those cards?
On my Crackberry, I only have a 2 gig card, and it has 105 songs, which is 13 albums. But some are FLAC audio which are very large files compared to MP3's, so you can fit even more then that on cards. But now a days, 4 gig cards are pretty cheep and available at places like Walmart.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #1115
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 344
Quote:

Thanks in advance

That sounds really odd. Both my wife and I hard wire a music source. She uses a Sony Mp3 Walkman, and I use a Zumo 550 for XM and have absolutely no trouble when paired to our Android phones in the same manner you have described.

In fact the only problem I have had is trying to bluetooth the phone functions through the Zumo AND use a hard wire for music. Otherwise everything is cool.

It doesn't matter whether or not we have the hardwire plugged in or not. When we power up the headsets they look for our phones to pair with.. I hear two beeps (one for phone and one for media) once they're connected.

Then its off to riding with some good tunes.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #1116
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Quote:
My question is: is there a trick to connecting to an android and listening to my ipod via cable?

Thanks in advance
I don't know the android, but i have a feeling when you pair it to the SMH10, it is paring with 2 connections, 1 for the hands free profile (which is for phone) and 1 connection for A2DP profile (which is for Music).
I have not tested this, but I wonder if when you plug a cable into the SHM10, it might be turning off the A2DP profile, the Android sees this profile go away and it drops both connection profiles to the SMH10?

Before you give up, try this.

remove your SHM10 connection from your Android.

Reset your SHM10 back to factory defaults.
Manual Page 18.

Pair your SHM10 back to your Other SHM10
Manual Page 10. (RS)

Pair your SHM10 to your Android for ONLY Hands Free Profile
Manual Page 10 (LS) (see below)

HFP for Phone Call Only
1. Turn on the headset and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED
flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing
and the beeps turn to multiple mid-tone beeps.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your smartphone. The headset will be listed on
your mobile phone as SMH10.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some smartphones may not ask for PIN.

Manual ->http://senabluetooth.com/downloads/m...H10-v2.2.0.pdf

then on your Andriod, Make sure the bluetooth connection named SMH10 shows only hands free. Some phones let you pick what profiles it can use with each device (my crackberry can't)

TowPro screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 09:13 AM
TowPro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #1117
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

SR10 update!
It was posted a couple days ago about the SR10 update. I called Sena USA asking about the release notes. They knew nothing about the update, I even had to gave them the URL. :(

Now the update is posted on there website.

CHANGES =======
- Support Voice Command function of mobile phones
- Support multiple point Bluetooth headsets
- Temporary disconnection of Bluetooth audio channel

The 1st line was definitely needed!!!!
I don't know what the 2nd or 3rd lines do.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #1118
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
SR10 update!
It was posted a couple days ago about the SR10 update. I called Sena USA asking about the release notes. They knew nothing about the update, I even had to gave them the URL. :(

Now the update is posted on there website.

CHANGES =======
- Support Voice Command function of mobile phones
- Support multiple point Bluetooth headsets
- Temporary disconnection of Bluetooth audio channel

The 1st line was definitely needed!!!!
I don't know what the 2nd or 3rd lines do.
I just posted this in the SR10 thread myself. Multipoint BT headsets usually refers to a BT headset that can connect to 2 BT phones at the same time. I have Samsung HM6450 BT headset that has this ability to connect to both of my cell phones at the same time. From the point of the SENA though, does that mean that you can now connect 2 phones via BT to the SR10 or can you connect two BT headsets to the SR10 simultaneously like maybe a rider and passenger can both connect at the same time? Not sure what that means?

I am not sure on the temporary disconnect of the BT audio channel?
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #1119
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Thanks for the link Blue, I did not know there was an SR10 thread going on.

I guess it would be nice if the 2nd SMH10 could connect to the SR10 when using 2 way radios, but since the SR10 uses the 1 phone profile on the SMH10, they would both hear the same phone conversations as well.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #1120
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,662
Anyone having issues with the iPhone 4S and Siri with voice dialing?

I say "Call XYZ" and it never ends the command...it just stays there waiting for me to say more.

Thoughts?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #1121
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
I have a 16gb card in mine with about 10 gb of it as music. Basically my whole itunes library. Same space used storing it as on a ipod. Doubletwist with sync your playlists too.

Just checked. 2100 songs, 8.97gb used.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650

WoodButcher screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 06:35 AM
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #1122
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Anyone having issues with the iPhone 4S and Siri with voice dialing?

I say "Call XYZ" and it never ends the command...it just stays there waiting for me to say more.

Thoughts?
Have you got the V3.3 firmware update?
If so ... I've got nothing............
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1123
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Need Help

I need a tad of help. I have had my Iphone paired successfully to the Sena for past several weeks and sound works fine. Today, I paired the phone to my Zumo, turned on the Sena and paired it to the Zumo, just like in the video on the Sena website. I get perfect nav sound but cannot here the music from the iPhone. In fact, I think the music is playing from the Iphone's external speaker.

When I check the settings on the phone, it is paired with the Zumo. I think I have everything paired correctly but cannot hear the music from the phone.

What am I doing incorrectly?
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #1124
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
I need a tad of help. I have had my Iphone paired successfully to the Sena for past several weeks and sound works fine. Today, I paired the phone to my Zumo, turned on the Sena and paired it to the Zumo, just like in the video on the Sena website. I get perfect nav sound but cannot here the music from the iPhone. In fact, I think the music is playing from the Iphone's external speaker.

When I check the settings on the phone, it is paired with the Zumo. I think I have everything paired correctly but cannot hear the music from the phone.

What am I doing incorrectly?
What Zumo do you have? The Zumo 550 doesn't support A2DP, so that means no BT stereo music through it. Most likely, its only pairing by the headset profile and that would explain why the iPhone is playing music through its speaker.

If you have the Zumo 665, I think it suppports A2DP.

So, if you have the 550, here is what you should be able to do. First, clear all links and start over. Pair the Zumo and Sena first. This will use up the HSP/HFP. Then, while those are paired and on, then pair your iPhone and Sena. This will only pair your A2DP profle and allow your music to go directly to the Sena while the phone audio still goes through the Zumo. If your iPhone doesn't support 2 simultansous connections (although it should), then you need to jail break it or find an app that let's you control the BT individually on it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #1125
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
What Zumo do you have?
I have the 660. I'll try the basic set-up again and then what you suggested.
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote