Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #1291
Joker_-_
2002 BMW R1150GSA

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonwinger66 View Post
...And, with the alternative "earbud", the volume is really sufficient for large drivers like my Koss titaniums. Very, very good bass, and volume is enough whilst wearing earplugs, altho, It may not be at 80mph...
Hey! I just bought a pair of KOSS UR-40 to do the exact same thing. Could you tell me what you did with the 4foot cord? Did you tear it down and soldered it back to a shorter lenght? If so, are the wires standard copper insulated with rubber or are they that cheapo copper insulated with some paint?

Thanks!

Roads
? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
Joker_-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #1292
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
Hi, joker.
.. I just de-soldered the oem wiring from the Koss's, and set that aside. Then I used some 30awg wire I had laying around, from like old vcr's etc.
.. Upon a couple hundred miles on this set-up, I just love the sound, but when I hook the helmet back to my Wing, the volume is considerably louder. So, I may look at inners of "earbud base", and see if there's inline resistors, and maybe halve the value. We'll see. I'll post my findings, which may be a week, or so. Anyway, have fun.
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #1293
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 931
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
Thanks Adam!

So here is my imagination going wild again.

I take my SR10, and hook my 2 way radio to it.Then sync the SR10 with my SMH-10 (using the head set protocol).
I can plug my montana and radar detector into the SR10.

Then I take my phone, and sync it to my SR10, or my SMH-10 if version 4 really does allow 2 headset protocols to sync with it.

Then I take my SM10, and hook my Stereo Satellite receiver to it, and maybe my MP3 player.
Since the SM10 is Stereo, I am guessing it uses the Stereo protocol (forget the name) to sync to the SMH-10 and the riders SMH-10.

Cool.
Now I know why they make tank bags.
You are on the right track here, only the SR10 hub to SMH10 headset uses the hands-free profile, not the headset profile.

So long as *everything* works as it's supposed to, and the Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter is aligned with Mars, and you find a five leaf clover and keep a rabbit's foot in your pocket (no need to keep attached to rabbit) - YES... this is how it's supposed to work.

Keep in mind that a passenger will not hear the mobile phone, 2-way radio, radar detector or GPS, since the SR10 is paired only to the rider's headset.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #1294
Joker_-_
2002 BMW R1150GSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonwinger66 View Post
Hi, joker.
.. I just de-soldered the oem wiring from the Koss's, and set that aside. Then I used some 30awg wire I had laying around, from like old vcr's etc.
.. Upon a couple hundred miles on this set-up, I just love the sound, but when I hook the helmet back to my Wing, the volume is considerably louder. So, I may look at inners of "earbud base", and see if there's inline resistors, and maybe halve the value. We'll see. I'll post my findings, which may be a week, or so. Anyway, have fun.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep looking for an update on this. I haven't got the headphones yet, so you might have some more findings by the time I do!

Roads
Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #1295
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 3,004
I posted a request to sena for a headset I could use to "loan" to friends I ride with. I requested single speaker so all I need to do is clip it on, run the wire into the helmet and velcro the 1 speaker in without removing the helmet liner.
I said I think my state only allows 1 speaker to be used anyway.

I would buy 2. One for my dirtbike helmet and one I would loan my buddies (since I have 2 SMH-10's). Using the bike to bike feature you only need 1 speaker anyway.

They replied they might look at the ability to switch off 1 speaker in future firmware to comply with State requirements.
they Kind of missed the point.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #1296
Joker_-_
2002 BMW R1150GSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
I posted a request to sena for a headset I could use to "loan" to friends I ride with. I requested single speaker so all I need to do is clip it on, run the wire into the helmet and velcro the 1 speaker in without removing the helmet liner.
I said I think my state only allows 1 speaker to be used anyway.

I would buy 2. One for my dirtbike helmet and one I would loan my buddies (since I have 2 SMH-10's). Using the bike to bike feature you only need 1 speaker anyway.

They replied they might look at the ability to switch off 1 speaker in future firmware to comply with State requirements.
they Kind of missed the point.
Their english doesn't seem so good, but when they get what you're asking for, Sena looks like a corporation that listen to it's customers. Searching trough the many request they got, the ones that seems to be took with priority is when something else on the market exists and does what you describe. I guess they're very good at copying things! Anyway, that's a wild guess based on... mostly nothing. I'd give it a try, if you happend to know a product that does what you describe.

Roads
Old 03-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #1297
mjh101
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Just ordered the dual pack. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out! Anyone using the iPhone 4s got some pairing tips?
mjh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #1298
hdatontodo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Will the Sena SMH10 V4 be an answer to this problem?

My Zumo 220 GPS and my Droid X Phone, both bluetooth devices, cannot concurrently connect to my Cardo Scala Rider G4, which will only connect to one bluetooth device (GPS, Phone, MP3) at a time. I've had this problem since day 1, but finally found it spelled out in a FAQ file on the Cardo site.

Will the V4's ability to multi connect take care of this?

I don't know if Cardo is coming out with new firmware themselves.
Days: http://www.tontodonato.com
hdatontodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #1299
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post

My Zumo 220 GPS and my Droid X Phone, both bluetooth devices, cannot concurrently connect to my Cardo Scala Rider G4, which will only connect to one bluetooth device (GPS, Phone, MP3) at a time. I've had this problem since day 1, but finally found it spelled out in a FAQ file on the Cardo site.

Apparently, yes. It will do what you want. I'm upgrading just for this very reason. Wish me luck
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #1300
hdatontodo
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Apparently, yes. It will do what you want. I'm upgrading just for this very reason. Wish me luck
Good luck, and please keep me posted.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #1301
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post

Actually, if you are running the latest firmware on the Scala, it can connect to a GPS & a music device at the same time. My Dad has the G4 and connects to his Zumo and a music bluetooth transmitter to get stereo music from. Its only one headset profile and one A2DP profile though. You could connect the Droid through the GPS for phone control & voice and then also to the Scala for music only. You'd have to designate in the phone to do "selective" pairing" so that its using media only to the Scala and phone only to the Zumo.

However, the V4 update that the Sena has coming out will allow 2 headset profiles and 1 A2DP/AVRCP stereo profile at the same time. I haven't heard anything about Scala doing that yet. Best to check in the Scala G4 thread if you need more info.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #1302
hdatontodo
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Actually, if you are running the latest firmware on the Scala, it can connect to a GPS & a music device at the same time... .
Hi. Thanks for writing. I have the latest F/W. If I have my phone paired and then hold down the volume up botton to put it into GPS pairing mode. It announces Mobile Disconnected. It cannot pair my phone and GPS (which, according to my Sony bluetooth head unit pairs as a phone not an audio device.) My Zumo 220 GPS doesn't make calls like a 550.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1303
hdatontodo
Adventurer

Sena Support said today:

SMH10 support HFP and A2DP bluetooth connections to connect to non-intercom bluetooth devices. Currently, SMH10 only support one device per Bluetooth connection type which means you cannot directly connect your phone and motorcycle specific GPS to SMh10 at the same time. However, if you do have motorcycle GPS system like the ZUMO550/660 or TomTom Rider, then you can connect you phone to GPS and connect GPS to SMH10. I advise you view below demo video for clarification.
http://www.youtube.com/senabluetooth#p/u/4/jIOYAlSDqMg
You will find more demo videos on our website below.
http://www.senabluetooth.com/product...tab_menu=video

We plan to release next firmware update for SMH10 very soon. Next firmware update will allow limited two HFP conenctions at the same time. This means you can connect your phone and GPS to SMH10 at the same time. However, GPS must connect via HFP only. If GPS requires A2DP connection too, then it will not work.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #1304
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Uh-oh, that new info from Sena is scaring me. Sometimes their wording is a little hard to understand and I hope that is what's making this look like a problem.

If it means that I cannot pair my zumo 660 (HFP and A2DP) to the SMH10 and my SR10 (HFP only) to the SMH10 at the same time, I'm hosed. What I hope it means is that I cannot pair both my 660 and any other device (like a smart phone) which uses both profiles to the SMH10.

-dan
Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #1305
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
Uh-oh, that new info from Sena is scaring me. Sometimes their wording is a little hard to understand and I hope that is what's making this look like a problem.

If it means that I cannot pair my zumo 660 (HFP and A2DP) to the SMH10 and my SR10 (HFP only) to the SMH10 at the same time, I'm hosed. What I hope it means is that I cannot pair both my 660 and any other device (like a smart phone) which uses both profiles to the SMH10.

-dan
yeah, you have me wondering the same thing. If they are sacrificing the A2DP profile to allow you to connect two HFP devices, that is going to be a bummer and a deal killer. Now if they mean that maybe most people might connect a cell phone that uses both A2DP & HFP and then that leaves one more HFP for GPS only. In that case, it would make sense in their wording that the GPS can't use an A2DP connection also.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote