Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #1321
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Thanks; I'll take some very slim comfort from the fact that they are coming up on being more than a week late rather than early [g]. I really want to cut the cord via v4, or if that proves not to be possible under the new firmware, to return the SR10 I bought. The clock on that is ticking.

-dan
Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #1322
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitesTheDust View Post
Ah -seemingly I was incorrect. Sena's facebook discussions about V4 release indeed points to early March.

Although - we are mid march now. Just saying ....
Whoever wrote that 'early March' date is in Fantasyland.

Seriously, having been in hi-tech and software engineering for decades, I can state with authority that planned release dates are always optimistic. Take any date you see, and add three months to that, and if all the planets line up it'll only be two months more than that, with two 'patch' releases shortly afterwards for bug fixes that weren't caught in the initial release.

That's reality.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #1323
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

All true, Adam, but I'm reminded of the old saying made popular by the band Duke & the Drivers: Never write a check with your mouth that your body can't cash.

-dan
Old 03-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #1324
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,646
Howdy! I just bought the SMH10 and the SR10, unpacked it all got them charged up ready to go. First up i paired the SMH10 to my Bluetooth phone, tested it and it worked fine. Then i paired the SMH10 to the SR10 with it connected to a UHF radio, again it worked fine. However i seem to have lost the Phone connection when i tried the phone again, so i paired it again, this time i tried to pair the Phone to the SR10 only, but my phone would not connect with the SR10. What am i doing wrong ? any help appreciated.

CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #1325
hadye
The Pharaoh

Oddometer: 84
I didn't go through the whole thread but did any of you guys tried to hook SMH10 through SR10 to a J&M handlebar mounted CB. I know that the idea may be ridiculous but the people at Nolan have already done it with their N-com module
hadye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #1326
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
Howdy! I just bought the SMH10 and the SR10, unpacked it all got them charged up ready to go. First up i paired the SMH10 to my Bluetooth phone, tested it and it worked fine. Then i paired the SMH10 to the SR10 with it connected to a UHF radio, again it worked fine. However i seem to have lost the Phone connection when i tried the phone again, so i paired it again, this time i tried to pair the Phone to the SR10 only, but my phone would not connect with the SR10. What am i doing wrong ? any help appreciated.
Depending on what phone, you may need to use selective pairing. Without that, you cannot pair the phone to the SMH10 and SR10 at the same time.

Also, BT systems are often sensitive to what order you power up. Until firmware v4 comes out, I don't have any suggestions about where the SR10 likes to be in this parade, but I do know that with an iPhone, zumo 660, and SMH10, the SMH10 needs to be last device powered up for it all to play nice together.

If you can tell us what phone and what functions you are trying to make work, then I can offer more info about selective pairing if that is what's called for. There's also some info (though a bit hard to understand) in the SMH10 manual.

-dan
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #1327
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
Sure quiet here. Anyone have any news?
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #1328
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonwinger66 View Post
Sure quiet here. Anyone have any news?
On Sena's Facebook page they swear v4 is coming out this week.

-dan
Old 04-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1329
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
This site seemed to have went down for a bit. My question must have popped the server! Anyway, I'm not holding my breath for the "next week".
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #1330
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,352
Can anyone who has the USB version of the SMH10 tell me whether these units give true 4 way converstation between the 4 units, rather than one to one with each of the 4 users. Hopefully that makes sense.

If so, what happens if one of them is a non-USB version.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #1331
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

@Oregon: breath-holding is a very bad idea with these folks. Bluetooth becomes Blueface.

@Joe: I'm pretty sure that full 4-way conferencing requires firmware v4, meaning non-USB units get left out of the party.

-dan
Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #1332
ESPRider
Say what again...

Oddometer: 98
I just bought another full face helmet and I bought the earbud mount, however after riding with the regular mount and using earplugs I kind of like that better than wearing the in-ear canal buds that I have.

I recall in some previous threads about modifying some speakers to work with the earbud jacks, but I noted that it wasn't 100% straightforward because of resistance or something.

If anyone could give me a primer on best bets - I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #1333
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
Can anyone who has the USB version of the SMH10 tell me whether these units give true 4 way converstation between the 4 units, rather than one to one with each of the 4 users. Hopefully that makes sense.

If so, what happens if one of them is a non-USB version.

Thanks in advance.
Joe:

Firmware revision 4, for the newer version 2 USB SMH10 headsets, will have full-duplex, 4-way conference capability. The current firmware revision 3.3 provides for a 3-way conference.

The original SMH10's with the single pin charging socket, are not software upgradeable, and will not be able to participate in a multi-way conference. Communication with these earlier headsets is only 1 to 1.

=Adam=
www.RocketMoto.com
PM us for your ADVRider discount code
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #1334
BitesTheDust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Joe:

Firmware revision 4, for the newer version 2 USB SMH10 headsets, will have full-duplex, 4-way conference capability. The current firmware revision 3.3 provides for a 3-way conference.

The original SMH10's with the single pin charging socket, are not software upgradeable, and will not be able to participate in a multi-way conference. Communication with these earlier headsets is only 1 to 1.

=Adam=
www.RocketMoto.com
PM us for your ADVRider discount code
Adam -

Any inside 'trade' news from Sena on whether they are planning to re-run their exchange program for SMH10A to SMH10B in the near future? I missed the opportunity on the first one .
BitesTheDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #1335
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,352
Thanks Dan / Adam.

What about compatibility between non-USB and USB SMH10's and the new SMH5's? Any info?