Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #1396
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
has anyone figured out how to keep the mic wire from getting caught in the latch on a flip up helmet?
With either the A0303 or A0304 clamp kits, these have two mics. For a modular helmet, you want to use the boom mic, not the wired mic. The boom will mount behind the cheek pad to the hard styrofoam liner of the helmet. This way, the mic is always part of the stationary side of the helmet, and no chance for it to get hung up on anything.

Make sense?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #1397
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 653
I've had mine for approx 8 months now. It was attached to my Nolan N102 but I had to send it in for repair. One of the pins broke and it was replaced with the newest version. During the time it was out I replaced both my phone (new iPhone 4S) and my helmet (picked up the Shoei Qwest).

Installing on the Qwest was a little tough but with some patience everything went together. I did have to pick up some self adhesive loop material so the speakers could be attached. Running the wires and tucking everything in took all the time.

Using the Sena with the 4S has been amazing! I was able to have Siri read me a text while underway and I was able to return the call all by hitting the phone button once. My buddy swore I wasn't on the bike during the conversation. I tried a demo Nav app and it worked perfectly. I was listening to music and when a voice prompt came up the music faded down to you could hear the command. The volume is also very good in the Qwest, not so much in the Nolan but I attribute that to the differences in noise of the helmets.

I haven't had a chance to use the intercom feature yet but if the quality of the phone calls are an indicator then I'm sure it will be fine.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #1398
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
I tried a demo Nav app and it worked perfectly. I was listening to music and when a voice prompt came up the music faded down to you could hear the command. .
What demo nav ohm did you try?
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #1399
Flameout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Question Did I order the right one???

Ok, just pulled the trigger on a set of SMH10-D's at Amazon hours before I found this thread. I didn't read all 90+ pages but did find that there are upgradeable SMH10's and the earlier non-upgradeable SMH10's. How do I know if I got the right one?

Thanks...now more pages to read.

Wait, could someone just bring me up to speed on the SMH10? I've read the webbikeworld review on this and the SMH5. Thought the 10 would work better for the group ride we have planned. So, see? I'm kinda the guy that told everyone to get these and I'd like to not make a huge mistake by everyone getting the wrong version of these. Sorry for the rant...needing some help. Thanks, Walt

And Rocket Moto...I shoulda ordered them from you...jus sayin...

FOLLOW ME!
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...rytJ4p77xkQ75p

Flameout screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 11:34 AM
Flameout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #1400
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
Yes, I always wear earplugs so generally have the volume cranked right up at anything over 40-50 mph, with the V4 I was losing music at 70-ish, whereas before music was still ok at 80-85. I upgraded from the old non USB model, and installed V4 right off, so never ridden with V3, re-wound it back to V3 last night and yet to try it, but will report back when I do.
OK, so I rode it with the V3 re-installed and the volume was definitely seemed better, so then re-loaded the V4 again for a back to back test as it were. V4 now performing as well as the V3 was. Wondered if it was the wind noise on my bike that was the difference, so switched to my other bike and V4 still good on that. So, good news.

Not so good news and a bit of an anomoly is the intercom / music switch. If I'm listening to music and my wife cuts in to talk, if she ends the conversation with a tap on her jog unit, then my music doesn't cut back in. If I end the conversation the it does. Previously it didn't matter who ends the conversation the music came back in.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #1401
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Matthew - I need to try this myself, but I would pair the Zumo FIRST, then the iPhone, while the Zumo is still paired and powered on. Will be the weekend before I can give it a shot.
Any news? Might've missed it.
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #1402
NestorK
Artiface Artisan

Oddometer: 13,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout View Post
Ok, just pulled the trigger on a set of SMH10-D's at Amazon hours before I found this thread. I didn't read all 90+ pages but did find that there are upgradeable SMH10's and the earlier non-upgradeable SMH10's. How do I know if I got the right one?

Thanks...now more pages to read.

Wait, could someone just bring me up to speed on the SMH10? I've read the webbikeworld review on this and the SMH5. Thought the 10 would work better for the group ride we have planned. So, see? I'm kinda the guy that told everyone to get these and I'd like to not make a huge mistake by everyone getting the wrong version of these. Sorry for the rant...needing some help. Thanks, Walt

The version that accepts software updates will have a mini-usb port and matching power cord. The older version will have a simple round jack.
'Cos I got the burning fire in the bed of my soul
NestorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #1403
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 917
Laugh

Quote:
You ordered the right one - it'll do a 4-way conference with the latest software that you'll have to download from Sena's support site. The SMH5 is 1-to-1 communication only and has a shorter bike-to-bike range.
Quote:
Yup - you shoulda -- 'cause you'd've had enough money left in your pocket for an entire trip's worth of .
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #1404
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538

ok with the new software how do you talk with everyone at the same time?
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #1405
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
See pages 14 and 26 of the new manual. Here's an excerpt from page 26:

15.1 Start Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other SMH10 users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having three-way intercom as above in section 14.1, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).
Old 04-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #1406
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
See pages 14 and 26 of the new manual. Here's an excerpt from page 26:

15.1 Start Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other SMH10 users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having three-way intercom as above in section 14.1, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).
That's all clear then.

Can anyone describe how it works in practice a little better?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #1407
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,513
Well I just spring for something as a test more than anything, but it will be cool if it works out.

I ordered up the Sena SR10 module that will let me hook up my Yaesu Ham radio and radar detector to the SMH10 without running any chords to the helmet.

If it all works I would have access to intercom, music, GPS, radar detector, and Ham radio all with no wires to the helmet.

COOL!

Marc
Old 04-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #1408
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
I haven't done 3- or 4-way yet, but the instructions are not as nasty as they sound -- I think [g].

If you are A, then you pair to B, then pair to C. For 3-way, you call B and then C calls you and you are all connected.

For 4-way, you pair to B and C per above, but C pairs with D. With a 3-way in progress, D calls C and all four of you are connected.

For further details I refer you to the Three Stooges episode in which the boys sing, "B-A bay, B-E bee, B-I bicky-bye, B-O bo..."

http://youtu.be/pP3VAtGLQms

-dan

danham screwed with this post 04-15-2012 at 07:53 AM
danham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #1409
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,168
Quote:
OK, so I rode it with the V3 re-installed and the volume was definitely seemed better, so then re-loaded the V4 again for a back to back test as it were. V4 now performing as well as the V3 was. Wondered if it was the wind noise on my bike that was the difference, so switched to my other bike and V4 still good on that. So, good news.

Not so good news and a bit of an anomoly is the intercom / music switch. If I'm listening to music and my wife cuts in to talk, if she ends the conversation with a tap on her jog unit, then my music doesn't cut back in. If I end the conversation the it does. Previously it didn't matter who ends the conversation the music came back in.
Are you listening to the music via blue tooth?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #1410
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,513
Quote:
That's all clear then.

Can anyone describe how it works in practice a little better?
Here is my understanding ?? It seems like it would work IF you can remember all the steps.

1. Pair your SMH10 to two other units. You would be A they would be B and C

2. Tap the jog dial to initiate intercom between A and B.

3. Have C tap his jog dial to pair with you. So B is linked to A and C is linked to A.

You should now have a three way conversation going.

If a fourth person wishes to join in they will need to pair with either B or C.

Well I confused myself anyway.

DOH! 205'd by the post above.

Marc