ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #151
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStephen
Thanks for the info about a TAG.
I go by that church as using Chicken Bridge and 87 is my preferred route to points south of here.

Good to see you at lunch today
NCS
Church isn't really that far away.
Off of Mt Olive Church road.

Blah.
Food poisoning and a bruce'ing.

hscrugby screwed with this post 04-02-2010 at 07:18 PM
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #152
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,831
I am trying to learn photobucket since I can't get smugmug to work so bear with this.

Tag 13

Night shot to be within the 12 hour rule.

Clue shot stolen from online

This church is actually within the boundaries of **rd** *ak* State Recreational Area, but is fortunately located on high ground, so wasn't flooded out when **rd** *ak* was filling up in the late 1960's.

I was actually surprised it is listed as an *pe* address.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #153
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Well shit I just took my boots off should I put them back on?

Ah hell not me the headlight on my XRL is about as affective as a 1967 Volkswagen Bug!!! But hey that is the Adventure part right?

Maybe I should read my official Honda CB350 Shop manual and get my CB running so I can start chasing scooter tags also!

NC-Okie screwed with this post 03-31-2010 at 10:14 PM
Old 03-31-2010, 10:46 PM   #154
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 706
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #155
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

BHW all things aside you let me know when you want to sell your XRL I have mentioned this to you in the past.

I pretty much stayied out of the Tri TOR until it showed up close to me then all of the sudden the rules changed because it was too far from someone. Then when hscrugby posted the same tag for both the NC Tag and Tri Tag that was wrong and just screamed disrespect.

Every tag I have grab a TRI TOR it has been by the rules (or rules at the time) and inside the map.

I am pretty much done with the tri TOR until I get some things finished up. So maybe you and others will be able to keep it going block to block in Raleigh for a bit.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #156
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
Wow, I was gone for less then 12 hours and someone's dead (something).
I'm for keeping the Triangle Tag thread, and will obey all rules, including rule #3 (I still don't like it though).
I like it, and it keeps riders riding toachive something.

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #157
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Well since motofetcher busted his 12 hours without posting, does it revert back to me because in the NC TOR rules it would of and I am under the impression that this is where the Tri-TOR copied the rules.

If so here is a Very easy Tri-TOR Tag.

Located of a 3 digit NC Hwy that adds up to Lucky 13.

Located in a NC county that was named after William Pitt, 1st Earl of ******* not the county named after the wife of William Tryon.

The business is located in-between two coves of a lake that was formed when the Haw river and New Hope river where flooded.

I wouldn't count on the phone number pictured working.

NC-Okie screwed with this post 04-01-2010 at 01:01 PM
Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #158
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,108
That's the active phone number for the NC Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #159
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
That's the active phone number for the NC Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Hell I am a rider/coach and didn't recognize it. Everything is done on the MSF website nowdays.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #160
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
Well since motofetcher busted his 12 hours without posting, does it revert back to me because in the NC TOR rules it would of and I am under the impression that this is where the Tri-TOR copied the rules.

Located in a NC county that was named after William Pitt, 1st Earl of ******* not the county named after the wife of William Tryon.

The business is located in-between two coves of a lake that was formed when the Haw river and New Hope river where flooded.

Good tag. This particular 3 digit highway is always a nice place to ride. Hopefully this thing can start moving again. Wish I could grab it but the bike is broke and I won't be within 3 hours of the triangle until Saturday.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #161
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
For what it is worth on page #187 of the NC Tag O Rama on post #2794, 23 Feb 2009. It was asked about splitting the NC Tag into state regions and it was not well received.

But I guess times have changed.
don't think of this as splitting...think of it as adding something new to the mix. You don't have to choose between Mac'n cheese and french fries you can have both and full servings of both.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #162
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
For what it is worth on page #187 of the NC Tag O Rama on post #2794, 23 Feb 2009. It was asked about splitting the NC Tag into state regions and it was not well received.

But I guess times have changed.
I went back and read that time frame, and what I saw were a bunch of "start another thread if you like, but leave this one here too" comments.

Isn't that what happened? Why can't there be multiples? Other regions do multiples, regions overlap, Appalachian, etc.

Like I said earlier. This thread will not hamper the state thread. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, don't follow it or participate. It's really quite simple.

If enough people would like to participate, but maybe have an open discussion about the rules, that could probably be arranged too. If there are 20 people who want a Triangle regional thread, and a majority wanto to tweak the rules, I say we do just that. But people need to speak up...or forever hold your peace! Not THAT piece, that peace!

I haven't spent much time thoroughly thinking about the rules. I kinda liked some of the tweaks. I like the 12 hour limit. I see where it can seem like a hinderance, but the whole idea (I'm guessing) was to speed up the game. And with the map being MAYBE 100 miles wide, how long do you need? If you're grabbing one, and short on time, take a pic on your way home, etc. When the state tag is in the Piedmont/Sandhills/Triangle it bounces around like a seagull in a McDonalds parking lot. So in theory the Triangle tag should stay moving quicky. As for whether or not file photos should be used. I'm torn on that one myself. You might have several cool ones from a nice long Saturday ride, but be forced to use a crappy one due to time constraints. I see the reasoning from both sides. But there has to be a more mature way to discuss than name calling and arguing like a bunch of housewives! ;)

BHW screwed with this post 04-01-2010 at 02:42 PM
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #163
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,366
I know exactly where it is. But have kid duty since the wife is on a girls night out. Neat shop, though. I picked up a few parts for my bike there once when I was in a pinch. The proprietor literally fished them out of a cloudy mason jar full of a bunch of other similar but different parts.

Quote:

nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #164
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Don't lump all the locals together in a bad light. There's only one trouble maker here that I see. And the Civil War ended a LONG time ago. The Triangle is FULL of people who are not natives...hell half of them aren't even legal!

But I was born and raised here...and have friends from all over the country, even a few foreigners! (farners..in local dialect)

Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes
I know exactly where it is. But have kid duty since the wife is on a girls night out.
My usual Thursday night out (bike night) got ruined in exactly the same way! ;)

BHW screwed with this post 04-01-2010 at 04:15 PM
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #165
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

I stopped just for a pic of the MSF mural and to my surprise he came out of the house and showed me around. He had pretty much packed in a lot of old inventory. Maybe I need to take him my CB and see if he can get it running?