ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #196
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Oddometer: 454
Guys, ride if you'd like by all means!
The following is just MY opinion: I suggest that you bruce the local tags in the orginal NC game until Wed. Post them in this thread if you want (cause it might not make too much sense in that thread digging up old stuff)
On Wednesday try if you can to come to lunch, wear your nice hat & bring your thoughts- I have a few fresh thoughts but desire to tweak & get criticism before publishing as the new game. If everybody was throwing out a new game it would create chaos! I think we should all have input and design it the best we can to suit our knobbies....I mean needs.
SpeedyG942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #197
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,363
I like this variation of the rules, not that there was really anything wrong with Jersey's. One thing I'd change is the timeout action - I think it should go to the first Bruce'd. If no one got Bruce'd, then it's back open to be collected. My reasoning is that the prior tagger may be on vacation after placing the tag, or may not have a new tag location lined up, or may have just wanted to grab and place their one tag and move onto some other past time instead of tagging, so there's no guarantee that they will be available (or want) to place a new tag in a reasonable amount of time.

I do like 24 hours. Or even 16 hours. 12 hours is a little constraining. If one gets a tag a 7pm, but does not have time that evening to place a new tag, 12 hours means they'd have to get going at the butt crack of dawn to attempt a new tag placement and it would be rushed. Maybe just say that evening tags (or all tags even) get 'til 'noon the next day. But certainly, 24 hours works and is a good easy in your head calculation so you know when you need to have the next tag up.

If 24 hours is given, I don't see the need to allow file photos to place the next tag. 24 hours should be sufficient. At 12 hours, file photos might be needed more frequently, especially considering if good tags are chosen, some time and research is needed. I prefer quality over quantity, I'd rather wait 24 hours for a good tag than 12 hours for one that was rushed.

Anyway, that's my $.02. I will likely be a minor player, but would enjoy going out and making a run on a tag every so often. My high strung dirt bike is only good for short jaunts on pavement, so a triangle TOR makes my participation much more likely than the iron man runs folks do in NC-TOR. That, and tag-o-rama is not my whole life, as the NC-TOR appears to be for some. So take that for what it's worth - the preferences of an occasional player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra
Let's try this for rules to ride by. Should make things fun again. Four corners tagging of cool sites is highly encouraged!
Hell draw a pentagram across the map if you want. But only use dry cleaners

The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.

#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. If a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.

#3 NO WHINING.

#4 KEEP IT MOVING. If you grab a tag, post the next one within 24 hours. If you don't post the new tag within 24 hours, you forfeit your tag to the previous tagger.
If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.

#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It does not matter who got to it first, He who posts first wins the tag.

#6 You can not use the same tag to grab or place the NC –TOR.

The geographic area for this game is the map below. All tags must be within the area shown in the map below (or close enough and awesome enough to be of interest to riders in the triangle area).

That is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. Lets go play TAG!!

nobrakes screwed with this post 04-02-2010 at 01:31 PM
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #198
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Holy Shit is about all I can say from cathcing up after being busy the past couple days. I don't even want to think what was said in the posts that were nuked. Somehow I thought we were all adults here but the past few days of this thread seems to have proved me wrong. I am here to play and have fun but from what I just read right now I have no interest in playing either game. South, North, East, West, Black, White, Yellow, Green or fucking purple who gives a shit?

I for one am here to have fun and relax. If I want stree I run a 911 center for a living I can go to work and get stress. This is all a game and people need to relax. Ignore the Mototard he will loose interest quite his BS bullying and move on. Sorry fella but you really need to grow up and develop some social skills.

As far as the rules go personally I hate file tags because they aren't really the point of the game. And besides darkness I do not understand the issue with finding a new tag within 18-24 hours. I am yet to plan a tag yet and usually just find something on the way to the tag or home. I do aggree the 12 hour rule was too tight as if you grab a tag on before work and can't leave for lunch that is a tight tight goal. Otherwise map or distance/ time from a central point as a guideline either works. I will be at lunch this week and would be happy to discuss anyones ideas if they can do it in a logical fashion.

So there is my pennies for the day and I now have to get back to work. Have fun and ride safe brothers!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #199
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,319
Damn guys I thought I hit the wrong thread and opened up one in Jo Mamma forum. It is not even fun to watch anymore.

Ray
Old 04-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #200
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,328
Okay...First off I want to apologize for my reactions to one particular individual...in the process I'm sure it offended others for which i am truly sorry. As for that other person...Who?
Now to the subject of a Triangle based TOR a few observations...
The intervals between tags should be 24 hrs...and its not a rule but a Gentleman's agreement...Sometimes other things in life overshadow tag games and as such 24 hrs may not suffice for the tagholder. If in fact it exceeds this time frame then I feel it should go to anyone who might have been the 1st Bruce...if theres no Bruce then it reverts back to the person who placed the tag and they do a re-tag. I think this has been the biggest bone of contention with the rules...along with file photos...It should be first and foremost abt. riding and in my opinion file photos dont exactly embody that ideal...just MHO
This TOR will work...or play...depends on those willing to participate in it. It has worked in other states and will here too.
NCTOR will survive this and will continue unabated they can co-exist given the limited area that the Triangle TOR operates in...I dont see any impedence to the NCTOR.
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #201
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyG942
The 751 tag was grabbed by me- I did not post a new one due to the rules of the game & discussion of file tags- It was later determined that when the 12hr was enforced the tag would go back to the person posting the tag - which in this case is NC-Okie.
My bad...I missed your post when I was looking back trying to find the last tag. So I guess you are going to hook us up with a new tag then?

I see it now....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=219

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #202
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Come on Speedy live up to the name and tag us up!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #203
superskip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Maybe this a.m. ?

Why is this taking so long ? ? ?

I've got to go back to work in a few hours, would like to bust me cherry beforehand on this game ...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #204
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker
...if not, let me know asap and I will add some...
What's the address?

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #205
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia
What's the address?
Easy Google Search,

Now someone grab it.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #206
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,105
If this one is still there after lunch, I'm going for it. You've got a few hours though, if you're debating it!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #207
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,831
Well???
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #208
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 778

So glad that we are done with and can get to some of this

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #209
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
Easy Google Search,

Now someone grab it.
Yes, I did, googled it, and went and took a picture of it, but I'm not going to post it. Before I got to the PC, my wife asked if I want to have lunch first, well, some wine and beer will restrict me from going and getting another TAG picture since I don't even have a file. But I'll post the picture I took on the way there, looks like a truck rear ended another truck and smashed 4 cars altogether. It happened maybe 10 min before I passed - on Capital after the outer beltline.

I did not post the MSF picture the other day as well, since if I did I would have just 12 hours - night time topost a new one.

I don't want to cheat, so, well, someone is going to get it anyway. Well, I rode, that's what it all about, right?

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #210
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,105
I'm heading out in a few....will take the tag pic, and pick up anther one. But I'll probably get Bruced before I get home and get it uploaded....going riding nonetheless though............