ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #6751
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Pretty sure your clues have me right on top of it. Just can't see it in the aerial views. I'll keep looking.

Edit: Got it. Clues are fine AND dandy. Person doing the searching is slightly defective.
Yah theres a street view that shows the place has 5 dormers on the bldg... which i couldnt get all into one pic from the distance I was at...i doubt it would make a great night grab as theres nothing lit up and you have to ride that road out of town during the daytime to appreciate the farm/countryside out there...I wanted to tag a pictureesque scene I saw from the road of a pair of twinpines with a big big rock inbetween them but...the property is private and fenced ...part of a really pretty farm...and theres no place along the road to pull off...just totally unsafe. Its a neat ride though.

STBNE screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 07:04 PM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #6752
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
just lazy. I'm not even searching that much anymore - if I don't recognize a clue right off, I may not bother to search....

Don't get me started - I'll start ruining the clues for everybody! Find them and then post a direct link!

no wait.... then I'd have to find the clue.... and we're back to the lazy thing... DOH!

schnabba screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 08:14 PM
schnabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #6753
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,751
Benny I was referring to the Nubian queen tag. There is a place similar in cary at high house and 54 at a Citgo I think.

Sent from Chad's iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #6754
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,581
Just exactly how many nubians do we have around here???

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #6755
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
just lazy. I'm not even searching that much anymore - if I don't recognize a clue right off, I may not bother to search....

Don't get me started - I'll start ruining the clues for everybody! Find them and then post a direct link!

no wait.... then I'd have to find the clue.... and we're back to the lazy thing... DOH!
I've given up on one or two along the way, but I don't mind working on a puzzle in the evening or whatever. I recognized exactly what the current clues were referencing, just couldn't find a satellite picture of it. I've headed out in the past figuring I'd ride right to something based on the clues and been miles off.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #6756
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post

Walker...Shepard School Rd...becomes old hwy 64 before you get to Tant rd.....now go freaking ride....
Old 05-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #6757
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Quote:
Just exactly how many nubians do we have around here???
Lots even on here...LOL
Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #6758
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
Walker...Shepard School Rd...becomes old hwy 64 before you get to Tant rd.....now go freaking ride....
gotta mow the lawn before I get another nasty gram from the HOA ... if it's sitting when I go down to ray price to order some maintenance items (air filter, plugs, that crap) then I'll grab it... so somebody better get moving! I'll be out and about pretty soon...
Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #6759
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Do I go for this one and get some of the wildcards while I'm at it, or do I go to Uwharrie for the NC Central, the beach to get the NCTOR or go steal the VA tag up near Charlottesville?????

Questions, questions, questions.

I figure the VA tag is pretty ripe and pretty centrally located, so if it doesn't fall this morning, those guys don't deserve a game.

Too late of a start to run to the Outer Banks - maybe tomorrow if I remember to set the timer on the coffee pot...

The NC Central game has some good taggers in it and the tag is in a fun location that I want to ride in/around, but it's US64 most of the way there and back and not sure that's how I want to spend my miles today. Can't imagine that it'll last to noon either.

(Whichever of those is still standing by dark tonight is on the table for early tomorrow. Posses invited.)

Which brings us to... Zeb-Yoooo-Lon.

wb57 screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 06:28 AM
Old 05-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #6760
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Do I go for this one and get some of the wildcards while I'm at it, or do I go to Uwharrie for the NC Central, the beach to get the NCTOR or go steal the VA tag up near Charlottesville?????

Questions, questions, questions.

I figure the VA tag is pretty ripe and pretty centrally located, so if it doesn't fall this morning, those guys don't deserve a game.

Too late of a start to run to the Outer Banks - maybe tomorrow if I remember to set the timer on the coffee pot...

The NC Central game has some good taggers in it and the tag is in a fun location that I want to ride in/around, but it's US64 most of the way there and back and not sure that's how I want to spend my miles today. Can't imagine that it'll last to noon either.

(Whichever of those is still standing by dark tonight is on the table for early tomorrow. Posses invited.)

Which brings us to... Zeb-Yoooo-Lon.
Don't forget the Appalachian tag... That is in a location that could prove to be very very fun. I set my GPS to bicycle mode there yesterday and had an awesome ride back home.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #6761
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
Don't forget the Appalachian tag... That is in a location that could prove to be very very fun. I set my GPS to bicycle mode there yesterday and had an awesome ride back home.
Couldn't find it yet. I knew where Mabry Mill was, but haven't looked for the followup. I've got a friend in Roanoke I sent the link to the Mabry Mill location and he probably knows where the next one is.

Edit: Found it. That's in a decent location for some all day riding. Hmmmmm....

If I snag the VA tag, it's going to VIR, by the way.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #6762
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

trying to grab this f'kr

Good Lord! What a PITA! Getting the tag was fine. Decent ride out to the corner of Daddyville and Taint... 20 miles from the nearest WiFi hotspot to post it so I just headed towards the house. First place I pass is a McDonalds in Rolesville. Can't get the f'ing tablet to connect, but after about 15 minutes, I connect to the BP station next door. The POS app on the tablet took me (not making this up) close to 45 minutes to post the f'ing picture during which time I essentially got thrown out for not buy a McShit Combo Meal.

Anyway...

wb57 screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 10:49 AM
Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #6763
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,751
Good WB, now bring it back my way so I can take a pic with the bike instead of the wifes van I MIGHT have a short window to ride today, depending on when the wife leaves and comes home and when a customer gets home so I can check his AC.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #6764
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Tag #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
Good WB, now bring it back my way so I can take a pic with the bike instead of the wifes van I MIGHT have a short window to ride today, depending on when the wife leaves and comes home and when a customer gets home so I can check his AC.

Alright, but all I have is one lame-ass file tag from your neck of the woods. Posting this just to get you out on two wheels. If you don't grab it, I reserve the right to kill it and post something I got on this morning's ride.

Same park that the one room school house from a couple/few weeks ago was in. If more clues are needed, I'll throw the GPS coordinates at the bottom of this post.

Needed a skate park for a different tag game a while back. Tag shot is anything with this skateboard thingy in it.

GPS: 35.509121,-78.735179

Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #6765
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
Laugh lonewolf97

Chad, if you don't grab this one I'm going on the dr after my honeydo's are done:
lonewolf97 is online now   Reply With Quote