ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #1186
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdq3 View Post
Is it safe for the only cop in the groupe to atend?
...damn i feel all alone sometimes...

sounds good man ! .. cold weather sucks!
You better attend. You're in charge of doughnuts.

Ever been to the big city before? We have buildings over 3 stories tall!

Don't worry, you can sneak in the back way. I'm just a block off Edmondson Pike at Nippers Corner. No, it was not named after me.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #1187
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave View Post
Sounds like fun.

I probably won't get liquored up, knock over the chili and puke all over yer bike.

Probably.

You can probably still come. We'll tether you to the Hollies so you can chum the pond.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #1188
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
Sounds great, but I'll have to check with my social director (Beth), clear it through finance (Beth), requisition the expense (beverages), confirm transportation (you) and pencil in the Sunday AM de-briefing (3-beer hangover).

I'll be in touch.....
You want maybe I put in good word for you?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #1189
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
you gotta bring the pot seein' as how y'all accept donations for that kinda thing

I'm so in. I may be in rare form as this'll be my first good outing since Ribfest, but it's for a good cause, so I'll try extra hard
Rare, medium, well done, half-baked - whatever. Just be there.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #1190
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

IHF - Mama gonna let you come out to play?

And again I ask, where the hell is Cody? He started this unholy alliance then ditched us.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #1191
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
I'm tryin to join the reindeer games. Slight conflict, but trying to work it out.
Gonna be tricky getting home, removing the tux, putting on the riding gear and heading over...wife ridin bitch, carrying a 12 pack and some dip...
WoHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #1192
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
Hey guys...... I just popped out of the cave and saw the posts..... whats this ya'll are planning on the 18th?

TN-Steve... where ya been? Haven't seen ya in a while. I got this box I gotta get back to ya.

Anyhow depending on the weather.... IDK if I would be riding my bike I got nothign to block the wind.... anywho.... keep me informed.

WP
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #1193
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Here's the deal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScratch View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT:
There will be a Super Secret Summit meeting at the SScratchCave on Saturday evening, December 18. This year. Topics of discussion will include rides both near and far for next year, maintenance issues, global domination, critiques on SScratch's choice of beer and ability to create chili, and just what the hell is really wrong with KLR riders.
Y'all are invited, but don't tell anyone. This is a Super Secret Summit so keep it on the downlow. Post up using the secret handshake if you plan to attend. 10% discount for early subscribers.
I was just thinking back on this year and it seems like our little group is a bit disjointed. We don't know each other very well and the rides have been too few with only random participation, perhaps because of some confusion as to the types of rides, length, routes and pace. I thought if we could spend more face time with some conversation rather than just eating each other's dust we could better identify with each other's personality and style. This will be an opportunity to find some new riding buddies or to get in on some group rides both near and far.

I don't host many parties, so this is a rare occasion at the SScratch Estate. This is not a riding event so don't feel compelled to brave nasty weather on the bike. You can bring a guest if you like, I just need a head count. I will have a fire out back if the weather is decent, or we'll keep it inside if not. I will provide a big pot of chili, hot dogs and burgers for the grill, and a couple coolers of beer and soft drinks. You can bring whatever other food or drinks you might want. We'll get started around 5 pm and shut it down when the last person leaves, but noone leaves drunk, alright? Couches available if needed.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #1194
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
Count Me in....

.... I will come down. Sounds like a good idea.

I have an old dirty truck but would be willing to drive it down if others want to ride down with me. Let me know... SS shoot me a PM with the LAT and LON (or just the address) So I can plan my route....
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #1195
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Here's the deal:

I was just thinking back on this year and it seems like our little group is a bit disjointed. We don't know each other very well and the rides have been too few with only random participation, perhaps because of some confusion as to the types of rides, length, routes and pace. I thought if we could spend more face time with some conversation rather than just eating each other's dust we could better identify with each other's personality and style. This will be an opportunity to find some new riding buddies or to get in on some group rides both near and far.

I don't host many parties, so this is a rare occasion at the SScratch Estate. This is not a riding event so don't feel compelled to brave nasty weather on the bike. You can bring a guest if you like, I just need a head count. I will have a fire out back if the weather is decent, or we'll keep it inside if not. I will provide a big pot of chili, hot dogs and burgers for the grill, and a couple coolers of beer and soft drinks. You can bring whatever other food or drinks you might want. We'll get started around 5 pm and shut it down when the last person leaves, but noone leaves drunk, alright? Couches available if needed.

Excellent thinking, and thanks for doing this. Count me in, I'm always up for meeting fellow riders.

Oh, and regarding my last post...I'm all talk. I think the last time I got drunk and puked was in 1973.
Drowsy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #1196
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,245
dibs on the guest room.

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #1197
nashvillebill
formerly Stromguy

Oddometer: 127
Sounds like a great idea...

Quote:
Here's the deal:

Are you even inviting KLR riders? You got a back entrance or something so we can sneak in without being seen?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #1198
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillebill View Post
Are you even inviting KLR riders? You got a back entrance or something so we can sneak in without being seen?

Ha. As your commander in chief recently said: "to the back of the bus"

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #1199
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,245
Sscratch, that's awful generous of ya to offer free beer and food. Lemme know if there's anything I can kick in.

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #1200
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillebill View Post
Service entrance in the rear. I'll cover the furniture with plastic.