User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Oddometer: 7,510
Colorado Springs and Westcliffe, CO

We have a guest room with bath here in Colorado Springs. No need to camp in the yard. Can also let you use our cabin in the mountains for a few days as well. Great riding too. You could hole up there for a few days and see the mountains from the deck while you reduce my beer and booze supply. Or you can just visit the cabin and skip me completely as we have a hidden key up there. BMWBLAKE can tell you the area has some appeal.

You can also wrench here if you need to freshen fluids or what not. Just PM. I work M-F but typically work from home 2+ days per week so we're pretty flexible. We have dogs and cats and don't allow smoking in the house. Other than that we don't bite much.

Tom

Infracaninophile screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 07:13 AM
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #17
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
Hey, If ya wana swing by New Zealand on your way home there's a bed here for ya. Seriously !!
Phreaky Phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #18
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,332
Hey Spencer..

If you need gritty city Atlanta, you got a bed in a room or a couch with some dogs. Take your pic, my friend. I'll be kicking it with the old schoolers, hope to see you there!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #19
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,201
Oh man! This could turn into one hell of a game of connect the dots. I might need to take a little more time than I was planning on.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #20
Motoranch
Trail Boss

Oddometer: 230
I'm 20 minutes from BWI airport outside Baltimore. Garage,tools,yard, spare room,shower. Might be a good spot to get yourself started from if your coming into BWI.
YZ 250
Misc others
Motoranch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:59 AM   #21
Navy CWO
Salty

Oddometer: 164
If you pass through Golden (mid-way between Shreveport and Dallas) just North of IH-20, you're welcome to park yourself and your bike. I have maintenance facilities including a lift should it be needed. When you're ready email me with your ETA, please.
Navy CWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #22
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler
Due to time/money constraints and a few weddings that I REALLY should attend this summer, the South American walkabout is quickly drawing to a close. I'm in Valparaiso, Chile getting read to crate up the bike and ship it to Baltimore. Why not Seattle (where I live) you ask? Shipping the bike and flying myself to the eastern seaboard is vastly cheaper than Seattle for some reason - so much so that the difference in price will more than pay for a cross country roadtrip. Since all the oldskool rallys seem to take place far from where I live, I've never gotten the chance to actually meet any old skoolers (notice spelling) except for Solo Lobo and Stickerbush, so I figure that as long as I'm going to be slowly riding across the ol' U S of A and have plenty of time to kill until when I NEED to be back in Seattle, I figured I might as well see if anyone is game to let a cheapskate traveller pitch a tent in their yard for a night or even just grab a beer. If you've given me any priceless wisdom in the past that beer might even be on me. Anybody in? I'll be leaving from Baltimore toward the end of April or beginning of May heading toward New Mexico, then north to wyoming, west to Oregon, then north to Seattle. If you live anywhere on this rough trajectory and have a nice yard, let me know.
Can you provide any info on your shipping from Valpariso to Baltimore. Cost, shipper, where you are getting a crate built etc.

I,m just north of Seattle. Meeting for a beer would be
Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #23
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,663
When you come through Oregon, please let us know, even if not through the Portland area! I'm always looking for an excuse to make it to the Eastern part of the state.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #24
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,001
I've got you covered here in New Mexico. You can have your own room, food by a professional level cook, and a complete shop for those on-the-road touchups.
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #25
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw
Can you provide any info on your shipping from Valpariso to Baltimore. Cost, shipper, where you are getting a crate built etc.
Haven't gotten the final numbers yet because we're going to build the crate tomorrow and then take final dimensions, but it should be somewhere on the order of $1300 and will take 3 weeks. It's about $1000 to New York. I'm shipping from Villa Kunterbunt (yes, the name is a little dirty sounding). They basically handle everything. You show up here, take measurements, they hire a carpenter to come build a crate. They load the crate in the back of their pickup and you ride your bike down to the port, do the paperwork, pack it all up and you're done. Martina Tesser can be reached at villakunterbuntvalpo@yahoo.de. They also operate a really cool hostel.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
slashfive
moto celeritas

Oddometer: 354
Rhode Island checking in

Yard space and a guest room available
slashfive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #27
Gravytrain
house husband

Oddometer: 202
Missouri

I 70 At Lake Saint Louis.
Garage, room and a shower.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
datchew
Don't buy from Brad

Oddometer: 7,407
Greenville, SC. Whatever you need plus some homebrew. A bit south for your trip direction but hey.
datchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #29
Beater
Breakin' Somethin'

Oddometer: 2,737
ATLANTA! (there are a few of us here that can show you a good time )

Got a spare room and a basement / workshop.

Bring it on!

Beater screwed with this post 03-30-2010 at 07:23 AM
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #30
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,497
Last stop before Seattle...

Lacey (dammit) WA nice place to rest after Mista Vern's through with ya'...
Homebrew an' a stogie...
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote